023

I Can Change For You

{Key}

I jogged towards the elevator and banged on the down button. I ruffle my hair, full of frustration as the doors slid apart and I stepped in. If Minho and Taemin broke up, there’s only one place he’d go to sulk. Near the lake there is this huge boulder that he’d sit on because he claimed he could see everything more clearly and the air made him feel better. But it’s raining… Surely rain wouldn’t make him feel better.
But it’s Taemin – he’s stupid.

As soon as I got to the first floor, I could see that the rain was worse than before. It was really pouring. I pulled my hoodie over my head and placed my hand on the door. I was ready to push it open, when the thunder rumbled again. I squealed and stumbled back, frightened.

He will come back on his own right? He doesn’t need me to come after him…

The thunder boomed again, and my stomach began to feel queasy. What if something happened? What if he slipped off the rock and hit his head?
Why am I so worried? Since when do I care so much? this, I’m going back.

As soon as I my heel; I saw Minho and Kai running towards me.
“What are you doing just standing there?” Kai asked, he tried to unlatch the navy umbrella he had in his hand.

“Where’s Taemin?” Minho questioned. I noticed the right side of his face was swollen. Whoa.

“H-He’s out there, but it’s okay. He’ll come back.” I tried to tell them. “Plus , you won’t be able to find him.”

“You know where he is?” Minho raised an eyebrow; his face was full of concern. Why’d he care? They just broke up. “I need you to tell me where.” He grabbed my shoulders tightly. “Please.” I raised my eyebrow, questioningly. “Kibum.”

“Finding him won’t be easy,”

“Then show me.”

“You’re crazy – I’m not going out there!”

“I know you hate Taemin and he annoys you but he could be doing something completely stupid and crazy right now. So let’s go.”  He snatched Kai’s umbrella away from him and grabbed my wrist. “Yah!” Kai yelled.

“Stay out of this.” Minho hissed. He used his shoulder to push open the door and literally dragged me outside.

I squealed as the thunder boomed again and huddled closer to Minho’s body so that I was under the umbrella.

“Which way?” he asked.

“The lake is behind the building so we better go this way.” I said over the rain.

______________________________

 

We ran, (Minho ran, but I wanted to stay dry under the umbrella so I was forced to run along with him) till we reached the lake. “There’s a boulder all the way down there…remember?”

“Yeah…let’s go.”

“Do you think he would listen to anything you’d have to say?” I ask.

“Does that really matter right now?”

“Yeah, actually it does. Because Taemin is stubborn – he won’t listen… and especially since he’s angry at you.” I explained. “Aren’t you supposed to know that?”

“Taemin…” He looked like he wanted to say more but I cut him off.

“Just…Let me go on my own.”

Before he handed me the umbrella he pointed towards a tree that would shelter him from the rain. “I’ll be over there waiting for you. But don’t take more than fifteen minutes!”

“Alright, I’ll bring that little mother er back as soon as possible!” I grinned widely a throw up a V-sigh before jogging off.

 

{Taemin}

 

The rain pounded against my body as I sat in a fetus position on the big grey boulder I sat upon.

I had come here just to vent out my feelings; scream, hit stuff, things like that but nature decided that it was time to rain. So, I just sat my behind down and cried.
Crying in the rain huh?
I’ve always wanted to be kissing someone in the rain. I wanted that person to be Minho, but no – again… he’s been snatched away by –

“Taemin!”

I look up and see a figure, which I couldn’t make out due to the rain, running towards me. I quickly get to my feet as they got nearer. “Taemin! What the do you think you’re doing? You could fall!”
Speak of the ing devil, its Key himself.

“Why are you here? Did you come here to rub it in my face that you won?” I demanded as he climbed up the boulder.

“That I won what?” he panted, holding his umbrella over me.

“You know what I’m talking about.”

“If you’re talking about Minho… I didn’t win anything. He’s actually waiting for you back there,” he pointed into the distance. “Right now.”

“Then why did you come instead of him?”

“Would you even listen to him if he came?” he said. “You would just scream at him how much you don’t want to hear him. That he’s a jerk, a bastard, and…” Quietly he added; “…that I’m a .”

…He’s actually…right.

After a quick moment of silence he spoke again; “SO! That’s why I’m here to bring you back… Like seriously, are you crazy? It’s thundering outside.”

“You hate the thunder, though…” I answered.

“Exactly, I guess I’m crazy too.” He scoffed.

“I’m staying here. The rain feels nice. You go back… Go back to Minho.” I tried to turn away but he grabbed me by the collar with his free hand. “Listen you little – I risked my life coming out here to come get you! You know I could have been struck by lightning! So be the nice boy that I know you can be and follow me.”

“Answer me first,” my voice was very quiet. “Are you…going to go out with Minho? Now that we’re over?”

“Why?” he questioned, as he slowly let go of my collar.

“Weren’t you just toying with him, to make me mad? Isn’t that how it was?”

He just stared at me, his eyes showing no emotion. I couldn’t read his expression at all.

“Right? Answer me!”

He opened his mouth, but the voice that came out didn’t belong to him.

“Yah! I said fifteen minutes~!” Jogging towards us came Minho himself.
I guess Key wasn’t lying when he said he was waiting. But because of him Key couldn’t answer my question.

“Come on,” Key said, and grabbed my wrist. “Jump.” He ordered, and I unwillingly did as I was told.

“You came at the right time.” Key said, handing him the umbrella.

“Keep it, you guys need to stay dry.” Minho answered. 

Is his face swollen? I thought to myself. Did I do that to him? It must hurt, really badly.

He looked at me but I quickly avoided eye contact. “Let’s go back, now.”

 

{Minho}

 

“It’s past curfew and I find you three trying to sneak inside?! Didn’t common sense tell you to stay indoors especially when there’s basically a storm out there?!” The boy’s dorm monitor, Mr. Han, continued to lecture us.

Our plan was to take the stairs because it’s easier to get by the monitor’s that way but Taemin had let out this loud sneeze and it caught his attention.

“We’re sorry.” We said in unison.

“You think just because you say you’re sorry, you’ll be off the hook?”

We didn’t reply and he told us our punishment. We’ll have to be on cleaning duty for a month, meaning we have to clean up classrooms, the cafeterias, the restrooms…ugh.

“A month!?” Key demanded, completely horrified.

“Sorry, Mr. Kim, is that not enough? Do you want two?!”

“N-No.”

“Good, now head to your dorms this instant!”

“Yes sir,” I said and we all watched him go.

“I hate him.” Key muttered to himself. Taemin sneezed into his elbow, twice. I frowned; This is all my fault, now he’s sick.

“Let’s stop standing around and go.” Key said, and I nodded as I followed him towards the elevators.

 

 

When we got to our floor, Taemin was first out of the elevator. He ran to his door and swung the door open, quickly heading inside. He was nice enough to leave it open – for Key I guess. Key heaved a sigh and turned to me; “Why’d you break up with him?”

“What? I’m surprised you’re the one asking me that…” I muttered as I rubbed my nose.

“Yeah it is, surprising isn’t it…” He whispered. “I’ll… see you.”

“What’s wrong?” I asked before he could walk away.

“It’s nothing, I will just see you later, alright!?” He snapped and continued to walk.

“Kibum!” I called, but he ignored me. I sighed and headed back to my own dorm.

 

-------

 

 

The next day, Monday, as soon as I woke up I knew I had a fever from just feeling my forehead. However, I didn’t want any more trouble with Mr. Han.

I know it would be better to just stay in bed but what if he added another month to my punishment? Plus if I said I had a fever he would probably make a smart remark back, along the lines of; “Well if you weren’t out in the rain then you wouldn’t have a fever would you?”

In homeroom, I couldn’t quite concentrate on the lecture because of my massive headache.

After class, Fei walked up to me as I was gathering my things; “Gosh, Minho you look terrible.”

“Thanks,” I mutter.

“I didn’t mean like that.” She told me.

“I know what you mean.” I really didn’t want anyone speaking to me right now, but I just decided to be polite.

“Do you want to be my partner for the math project?” she asked. “Or are you going to be with Taemin? Speaking of Taemin, he wasn’t in class today? Have you…?”

“Sure, I’ll be your partner.” I said, quickly interrupting her. “Are you done talking?” I didn’t give her time to answer that. “Kay, I’ll see you then.” I smiled before throwing my bag over my shoulder and exiting the classroom.

 

 

School dragged on, but when the final bell of the day finally rang, when I wanted to leave class I was stopped by Mr. Han himself. He had a clipboard in his hands. I bowed quickly before he spoke; “The boys’ restroom on the second floor needs a little cleaning, and of course the cafeteria needs a rub-down, you should also take care of the whiteboards and chalkboards in the classrooms on this floor.”

“By myself?” I asked.

“Well, where are your other rule-breaking friends?” He smirked, before walking away.

I don’t think I’ll be able to do all of what he just said all by myself…
Well… don’t I deserve it? If it wasn’t for me, Taemin wouldn’t have ever run off like that.
Sigh, I better get to work.

 

Hours later, I was still taking care of the first floor. I was on my sixth classroom… unlike what Mr. Han said… it wasn’t just the whiteboards and chalkboards – I had to straighten out the desk and also pick up trash.
My back was killing me, and I had a feeling I would just collapse any moment now.

“Do you need help?” a voice asked.

I look up to see Jonghyun with a juice-pouch in his hand, the straw in-between his plump lips. Why would Jonghyun want to help me? He hates me... right?

“Well, if you don’t want help you can just say so! No need to give me the silent treatment.” He said, and turned to go.

“No!” I called out. “I need…help.”

“Kay, I’ll help you.” He grinned widely and rolled up his sleeves. He picked up a balled up piece of paper off the floor. “Aigoo, so dirty.”

“Why?” I found myself asking out loud. “Don’t you…?”

“Hate you? You’re damn right I do.” He finished for me.

“Then--”

“Because you’re the guy Key loves, so that’s why.” He explained. “But - I think I can un-hate you. Pretty soon.”

I didn’t quite get the ‘I can un-hate you part’, hell – I didn’t quite give a if Jonghyun liked me or not but if he’ll help me with this cleaning duty then , we might as well be best friends.

“I have a question, Minho.” Jonghyun spoke.

“Mm?”

“Do you love K…”

I didn’t hear the rest of the question because I had out.

 

{Jonghyun}

 

As I picked up pieces of trash I spoke; “I have a question, Minho.”

“Mm?” he answered, he sounded really tired.

“Do you love K…?” I didn’t get to finish my question because of a loud thud! “Yah!” I look up and see that he’s on the ground. “Oh , what the !?”

I rush over to him; “Minho? Oh my god, did you just die?!” I slapped at his cheeks, thinking it would wake him up. “Yah…” I realized his cheeks were very hot, too hot. Fever?

I tried my best to pull him onto my back (damn this guy is heavy), and headed towards the nurses office.

 

____________________

 

{Taemin}

 

I rolled over in bed and got a look at the clock. 5:03.
I felt like . I turn my head and see that Key is awake. And…he was weirdly staring at me. “You’re up.” he said, stating the obvious.

“…Y-Yeah… so are you…”

“Taemin…” he whispered. “I have the answer to your question.”
I sat up and my heart started to race. I was eager to hear it, but at the same time I wasn't. “Its…”

 


 


I think it's nice to leave you with a cliffy since I wont be able to update for a week~
Sorreh for typos, I was really trying to get this out before I actually leave. ;n;
I'm going to be in Vegas for a week~!!
And when I get back I'm sure there will be plenty of updates I'll have for you because I'm pretty sure I'll be writing chapters onto my phone while I'm in the car and once I get on the plane.



 

And this has nothing to do with my story or shinee but I found this au meme on my dash and was like;
"I GET IT!!"
It's YunJae~

 

He slides a photograph across the table. “I’m sure you know your next target quite well.”