17

I Can Change For You

“Hyung, let’s walk to dance practice together!” Key grinned, as he played around with Jonghyun’s hair.

“Sorry. I can’t come today Bummie, I have something planned.”

“O-Oh, next time then…”

--

“Hyung, let’s go out to eat after classes are over. I’ll pay.” Key sparkled as he clung to Jonghyun’s arm.

“Ah… maybe next time Bummie. Sorry.”

“Um…okay sure, next time.”

--

Hyung~! It’s the weekend, let’s go to the mall. We should buy another pair of matching tees.” Key gently nudged Jonghyun in the rib.

“Sorry…”

“You’re busy again?” Key forced a smile. “Well, that’s fine. See you, then.”

--

The next day, Key didn’t bother to go and find Jonghyun and ask him if he wanted to hang out again – he’d just be busy. And since he cancelled the dance practice for the day, he was just chilling in the gym, by himself, reading a book that was in English.

 

[Minho]

Since there was no dance practice today, I had decided to go to the weight room to lift some weights. I looked in the mirror the other day and my muscles were starting to get wiggly.

Once I entered the gym, a couple of people were just shooting around with their basketballs, but a lot of people were sitting in groups in the bleachers and just chatting. Among those people, I spotted Key sitting in an area with less people and just stopped in my footsteps to admire him. He had his bangs in a mini-ponytail, showing off his acne-free forehead, he had big thick black glasses on – which looked really nice on him. He had a perfect, sharp jawline and his small, pink, kissable lips made me subconsciously my lips. He had this green book propped onto his lap, and he looked pretty engrossed in it.

Completely forgetting all about how I came to the gym to just lift weights, I contemplated on if I should go over and talk to him or not. it, I thought as I made my way towards him. “Annyeong.” I said.

“Oh, annyeong.” He answered, pushing his glasses up. He hasn’t snapped at me yet…

I casually fiddle with his white shoelaces; “What are you reading?”

“Tuck Everlasting.”

Never heard of that book before. “What’s it about?”

“Hm…basically immortality – you know – living forever.”

“Cool,” I nodded. Now what can I talk about? Might as well go to the weight room now. “Well – I’m going to go lift weights now. See you.” I turned to go but;

“Wait!” Key called. I turned and he was patting the spot next to him; “Stay and read with me.”

“I can’t really read books in English.” I answered, scratching the back of my head. “I can’t understand much.”

“Gwenchanha, I’ll translate for you.” He said, patting the spot beside him again.

“Well…alright.”

 

 

Key encouraged me to read aloud but he would always correct me on how things were supposed to be pronounced. “It’s control. Not cont-eu­r­-ol.”

“I didn’t even say it like that!” I rolled my eyes. “Plus it’s the same thing.”

He wagged his finger in the air. “This is English pronunciation – not Korean! No one will ever understand you if you ever go to America!”

I just laughed at that statement. It was really know point in trying to argue back – Key would always find a smart retort. I just enjoyed how when he laughed, he would cover his mouth and lean his weight onto me. I found it cute. And I’m not sure if he’s doing it on purpose, but who cares. I don’t. And I don’t think he noticed my arm around his waist either.

This felt so different from being with Taemin.

///////

Key:

As we reached the end of chapter twenty-three, a few of the teachers entered and told us to get out of the gym and into our dorms; yelling about how it was eight-thirty, and they needed sleep. Damn, how long have we been in the gym?

“Guess we got to go back to the dorms, huh?” Minho asked.

But I don’t wanna.I forced back a pout. I had noticed Minho’s arm around me, and when I kept leaning into him he didn’t seem to mind, so I had kept doing it. “Hm, yeah sure.” Unwillingly, I followed him out of the gym doors.

“You know – I’m surprised actually.” He said, suddenly.

“Wae?”

“Because usually every time I approach you – you snap at me to back off. Leave you alone. Stuff like that.”

“Well…I should just be honest, huh?” I whispered. He nodded, slowly. “I – I –“ I stammered, looking for the right words. “I just have never felt this way about anyone before… It scares me, a lot. I just…I don’t know how to explain it…that way you could understand more.”

 I’m just uttering utter nonsense. Sigh.

For a while, all we could hear were our footsteps as we entered the boy’s dorm building. “What about Jonghyun?” he asked.

“What do you mean? Jonghyun and I have been friends for a long time. I just can’t see us being in a serious relationship.”

I noticed that his face relaxed and he gave me a small smile. “Well…I’m glad you told me-“

“But what about you and Taemin? What’s going to happen?” I asked as we entered the elevator.

He sighed. “…Taemin deserves better, a lot better. I mean – he’s a great person-“

“Great? What’s so great about…never mind.” I quieted down after seeing the look he was giving me. “Yeah, Taemin’s great.”

Taemin can be annoying and an sometimes, but overall if I really think about it he’s an okay person.

“I kind of wish we didn’t rush into the relationship, sometimes.” Minho explained. “Yeah, I liked him – but now I just… I just see him as a younger brother, really. If that makes sense.”

“What…How do you feel about me?”

“Mm…how you’re very outgoing…never afraid to say what you gotta say. I like how you dress,” he explained, touching my collar. I began to blush. “I like how you dance, and I heard you singing before. I like your voice.”

“Singing? When did you hear that?!”

“When Taemin and I were playing this card game, I could hear you.”

“Oh, how embarrassing.”

“Ani, it was nice.”

“Taemin told me about you too, you know, singing. He told me you really like Chris Brown and Usher and stuff. You also like rapping.”

Let’s not talk about that.” He said, his face turning a deep shade of red. I laugh and poke him in the stomach.

We finally reached our floor and stepped out of the elevator. As we reached Minho’s dorm, he bent over and gave me a chaste kiss on the lips; “Night,” he whispered huskily into my ear before entering his room. The place where his lips touched felt like it was burning. I wasn’t expecting that. I started fanning myself as I walked towards my own dormitory.

 

Inside, I kicked off my shoes and backpack and made it towards Taemin and I’s shared bedroom. “Taemin, I’m back…Taemin?” I open the door and see him on the floor with two bottles of Deleón Tequila – one was completely empty and the other was half empty. “Omo! Taemin! Why do you have that?! How did you even get that in here?!”

Taemin slowly turned to him; “Kibum, you’re back.” He struggled to get to his feet, but he tumbled over. I rushed to his side; “Gwenchanha?” I asked frantically. Why the was he drinking in the first place?!! “Taemin! Come to your senses!”

“KIBUM!” He said, grabbing my arm tightly. “Answer me. Why did you do it?”

“W-What are you talking about?” My heart race increased.

“Why’d you take it?”

“Take what? Huh? You’re drunk you don’t know what you’re talking about!”

“I know – you know – what you took!”

“Let’s get you in bed, okay? Damn you reek.” I struggled as I lifted him up in my arms. He was freaking heavy! “Oof!” I grunted as he managed to get him on his bed. “I’m going to go shower now.” I told him.

You took it. You took my ity.” I heard.

I turn back and look at him wide-eyed, but he was already knocked out.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OH SNAP! XD. Remember when taemin told minho that when they had - that it wasn't his first time?
well yes, my friend, more 's bout to go down.

everyone's enjoying the drama, right? :o

wooo~

  the quick lame written minkey kiss. x_x

woot for the athletic couple/the athlete and his cheerleader ;3