002

I Can Change For You

When Taemin woke up, his head was pounding. He held his forehead as he tried to recall what had happened. Party. Another bet with Key. I lost. He remembered. He sighed; What time is it? He squinted over at the clock. “! !” He cursed out loud. It was 9:35. Key was nowhere to be found in the dorm. He took a 3 minute shower, sloppily brushed his teeth, and basically dashed out of the dorm.

“Mr. Lee…I hope you have a very good reason why you are late.” His math teacher, Mr. Simons, said.


“Sorry, sir. I overslept.” Taemin sighed.


“…Have a seat.” Mr. Simons eyed him as he took walked over to his seat.


Usually Taemin sat by himself in this class, but there was a boy with broad shoulders, and long brown hair staring out the window sitting there. “A-Are you new?” Taemin asked as he took his seat.


“Yes, I am.” The boy replied.


“My name’s Taemin, Lee Taemin.” Taemin grinned.


“Mr. Lee! You were already late for my class. Can you not talk while I’m having a lesson!?” Mr. Simons lectured.


“Sorrryyy,” Taemin replied, placing his elbow on his the table and leaned his chin on his palm. Math is so boring.

Ring Ding Dongggg~

“Um, Taemin,” the boy poked Taemin’s soft cheeked. “Class is over,”


Taemin hadn’t even realized he had fallen asleep. “Oh…thanks for telling me,” He replied.


“You’re welcome,” the boy replied.


 He proceeded to walk off but Taemin grabbed his elbow; “I never got your name,”


“Oh, sorry,” he smiled. It made Taemin’s heart thump for some reason. “It’s Minho. Choi Minho.”


“That’s a nice name,” Taemin complimented. “Anyway…do you need help getting to your next class or anything? I could help you.”


“Uh…yeah! Where’s the lunch room?” he asked.


“Right this way!”

When Minho and Taemin got their lunches, Taemin led him to the usual table he sat with Key. Unfortunately Key was across the lunchroom eating lunch with the hot seniors. “So what floor are you on?” Minho asked.


“The fourth,”


“What a coincidence, me too!” Minho grinned, as he ate some more of his rice. “I’m in room 602, my roommate is someone named Minsoo. I think…or was it CAP… I don’t remember,” The two started chuckling at Minho’s lame memory.


“I’m room 611, so I’m a couple doors down.” Taemin explained.


“Are there any electives you’re in? I would like to join one. Do you recommend any?”


“Dance,” Taemin answered, almost immediately. Dancing was his favorite thing to do. “The class is really easy.”


“Dance? Hm…” Minho hemmed. “Okay. I’ll join. Only because you’re in it, though. You’re my first friend here.” He flashed Taemin that drop-dead gorgeous smile of his.


“Hey hh,” They both looked up to see Key, he plopped himself down on the table. “’Sup,”


“Hi,” Taemin muttered. Why did he have to come and ruin the moment?


“So…I won the bet.”


“And...I don’t care,” Taemin frowned.


“Aw, is little Taeminnie mad?” Key said in a mocking voice, pinching Taemin’s cheeks.


“God, shut up sometimes Key.” Taemin snapped.


“Chill, Taemin.” Key smirked. “Who’s your friend?”


“Minho,” Taemin said. “This is my … friend, Key.”


“Nice to meet you,” Minho nodded his head at him.


This Minho guy is gorgeous. Pretty soon Taemin’s going to see who can get in his pants first…and I’m of course going to win. Key thought to himself, smirking.


“Well, I guess I’ll talk to you later,” Key said. “Lunch will be over soon,” He hopped off the table; “See you around~”
 

After all classes ended, Key headed to the dance room immediately. When he got there, no one had arrived yet. He quickly changed into his dancing clothes (a muscle shirt and some shorts) that he had brought him and looked in the mirror. I’m pretty, yeah, I’m awesome. He said, smiling at his reflection. He practiced some easy steps without music for a while ‘till Jonghyun walked in. “Oh hey, Kibum your early.”


“Yup,” Key replied, not really acknowledging him.


Jonghyun tossed his bag to the side and came up behind Key, snaking his arms around his waist. “How about a quickie, before everyone else comes?” he whispered seductively into Key’s ear.
“Yah, pabo. Quit it!” Key snapped, trying to pry Jonghyun’s arms off of him, but he had a firm grip.


“Come on, Kibum. You never say no to meeee~” Jonghyun pouted.


Somewhat true… “I don’t want to.” Key huffed. “Plus - if we do it - I won’t be able to dance properly and Taemin will look better than me.”


“But your better than Taemin,” Jonghyun said, all he wanted to do was get it in.


Key finally managed to push Jonghyun off; “Ugh, you irritate me.”


“But you love it,” Jonghyun snickered, pushing Key up against the mirror.


“And this is the dance room that I was telling you ….. about….” Taemin’s voice entered the room. He mouth dropped when he saw the two, and the position they were in. Jonghyun scooted away from Key and laugh out loud awkwardly.
“Oh hey, Taemin.”


“Uh yeah, hi,” Taemin said clearing his throat. He glanced at the boy that Key remembered from lunch. Why did he bring him here? “Minho, this is Jonghyun. You already know Key though…”


“Nice to meet you,” Minho nodded.


“You’re tall.” Jonghyun said, staring up at him.


“You’re short.” Minho smirked, staring down at him.


“Haha, I like this guy.” Jonghyun chuckled, turning back to Key.

~~~

Soon, Kikwang, Hyunseung, Hyuna, Amber, Sulli, Minzy, Fei, and Ricky and Changjo, other dancers, arrived. Although this wasn’t everyone, it was the people who managed to make it every day. They were only missing three people, so it was fine though. “We need more girls, honestly.” Kikwang whined, pouting.


“We have enough girls, they just are too lazy to show up,” Sulli said, rolling her eyes.


“Yeah, I know right. They’re going to get fat, and watch them complain; Oh, I’m so fat. No guys will look at me.” Minzy mocked, rolling her eyes.


The whole room erupted in a fit of giggles. “By the way, who are you?” Fei asked, talking to Minho. All heads turned towards him, they hadn’t noticed him either.


“My name’s Minho. I’m new,” Minho explained.


“HI~!” Amber said loudly. “I’M AMBER, I’M THE WEIRDEST ONE. BUT IT’S KAY, RIGHT?”


Minho laughed at her enthusiasm; “Cool!”


“Let’s start practicing now,” Taemin said, clapping his hands together. “This is why we can never win competitions! No more lazing around.”


“Minho doesn’t know the moves…” Jonghyun said.


“I--” Taemin began.


“I can teach it to him,” Key interrupted. “I know the moves better than you do.”


Taemin tried his best not to scowl. He just wanted to get close to him, he was sure of it. He frowned as he watched the two go into the corner of the dance room and began to show him the first five steps.
Taemin shook his head. Whatever.

 

“You’re a fast learner,” Key said surprised.


“Yeah,” Minho replied, smirking. “I get that a lot.” Key smirked back; he liked the guy’s attitude. “Hey…what was that earlier?” he questioned.


“What was what?” Key raised an eyebrow.


“You know, when me and Taemin walked in, Jonghyun was kind of…all on you.”


Key’s face heated up. “It was…"


“I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable!” Minho interrupted. “’Cause I am biual so....”


Key sighed; “Oh…well…Jonghyun likes doing that to me because…well…because I’m ing irresistible.” Key nodded, satisfied with his answer.


“Well, that isn’t a lie,” Minho chuckled. “How about you show me some more of your moves?”


Key started laughing out loud; this kid’s funny. “You’re hilarious, you know that?”


“Oh, I know.” Minho smiled, earning a playful punch from Key. “You better show me some more moves of the routine, though. The guys keep glancing back here, I think we’re distracting them.”


“Oh right!”

~~~

When dance practice ended it was about 5:45. Taemin walked over to Minho, he was gulping down some cold water. He had caught on to the routine quick, and had caught up to the others. It impressed Taemin, to be honest. “Let’s walk together back to the dorm okay?”
Minho just nodded since he was still gulping down his water. When he finished he let out a loud, ahhhh~. “Come on!”

On the way to their dorms, they talked a lot about the things they enjoy, Taemin spazzed about banana milk while Minho talked about sports and exercising.


“Well, this is my stop,” Minho grinned. “602,”


“Yep, if you need anything or want to hang out, just stop by at 611.” Taemin waved before walking off.


As Minho entered the dorm he heard a girlish giggle. That definitely wasn’t his roommate. Did a girl sneak in?

“…Uh…hello…?” Minho said, tossing his bag onto his neatly-made bed.


“Minsoo~” a girl squealed, the sound of was coming from the bathroom.


“What’s going on – oh my god!” Minho yelped, he had opened the bathroom door but immediately shut it. What the did I just witness? “Yah, do you know how to knock?” Minsoo demanded, opening the bathroom door up again.


“I need to take a shower!” Minho replied, rolling his eyes.
Minsoo sighed, annoyed. “Such a , damn. Babe come on, we can’t have that shower that you wanted…”

Minho heard the girl whine something that he couldn’t make out. “One moment,” Minsoo said before shutting the door in Minho’s face once more.

After about 3 minutes, the two came out. The girl was wearing a black over-sized shirt, obviously it belonged to Minsoo. She blushed when she saw Minho, embarrassed by the fact that he had heard them.

After Minho finished showering, he changed into his pajamas. They were blue with black clouds on them. Yes, you read that right, blue with black clouds. He walked past the couple that were cuddling on the couch and crawled into his bed and tried to get some sleep.

“Minsoooo~”

Minho eyes shot open. Are you ing kidding me? He sighed frustrated, and threw the duvet off of him. Can’t he just get some freaking peace and quiet so he could sleep? She’s not even supposed to be here, and her moans weren’t even that attractive. He rubbed his face sleepily.

“Ah~ Minsoo~ more~”

“I will not be able to sleep tonight,” Minho muttered to himself. He suddenly remembered Taemin’s offer. Would he still be awake though?“He should be, it’s only nine.” He got up and slipped by the annoying couple that was making love on the couch, that he swore he would never sit there for the rest of his stay. He exited the dorm and headed towards room 611.

 

Taemin was just quietly watching a lame comedy show when he heard a knock on the door. That’s odd, who could be here at a time like this? It’s already past curfew. And Key was in bed already, sleeping early for once. He sauntered toward the door and opened it, surprised at who he saw. “Minho? Why are you here?” He asked.


“Aren’t you happy to see me?” Minho smirked. “But that’s not the reason, I’m here though…” Walking in the dorm and shutting the door behind him. “My roommate is ing his girlfriend, her moans are annoying, and I can’t get any sleep.”


Taemin couldn’t help but chuckle. “So you want to stay in here?”


“Yeah…I’m sorry if you were sleeping or anything…”


“Nah, I was just watching some TV,” Taemin explained. “Although there’s nothing good on.” They walked over towards the couch and took a seat. “You share a dorm with Key?” Minho asked, noticing Key snuggled up against a large banana shaped pillow.


“Yeah, even though we aren’t in the same grade.” Taemin explained. “And it’s unchangeable, says the front office lady.”

He rolled his eyes. “He’s rarely here though, always in someone else’s dorm.”


“Aren’t you guys friends?”


“…I guess, but it’s weird because we sort of hate each other and get on each other’s nerves.”


“Oh.” Minho replied. “So he hangs out in other people’s dorms?”


“Yeah. He’s so cool with everybody, and everybody likes him.” Taemin explained, looking into his lap. “It’s almost like he’s…perfect…”


“…hey are you crying?” Minho asked when he heard Taemin sniff.


No,” Taemin denied. He looked away from Minho and rubbed his face.


Minho grabbed his wrist; “Yes you are, don’t cry. I’m sure you are as cool as him!”


“No!” Taemin denied again. “He’s better than me at everything! I swear everyone’s likes him. Every time I think I have a chance with someone, it turns out they like Key… It’s always Key, Key, Key, mothering Key.”


“Hey…calm down,” Minho said when Taemin started bawling, covering his face with his hands. “…I don’t like seeing you like this.” He whispered.

He pulled Taemin onto his lap and just held him till he calmed down.


“Even though I just met you today,” Taemin began, as he wiped away his final tear. “You are a great friend, Minho.”


“Thanks…” Minho grinned. “You’re my first friend, remember that. You’ll always be special to me, no matter what, only you.”