021

I Can Change For You

 

 

“Ugh, why does my head hurt…?” Taemin whined when he woke up. He noticed the tequila bottles by his bed. “Nngh, I’m so stupid.” He massaged his temples softly as he slowly sat up. “I’ll never get drunk again...”

“You’re awake.” Key entered the room with a glass of water and a bottle of Advil. “Take this – it’ll help the headache.”

Taemin eyed him; “Why are you giving this to me?”

Key bit his lip, trying not to snap at him; “Because it’ll help your headache, like I said.”

“I don’t want that from you.”

“Fine then, suffer!” Key retorted and as he left the room he muttered under his breath “Tch. What a .”

Taemin:

I rolled my eyes as I lay back down onto the bed. I grabbed my phone off the nightstand. “I should send a good morning text to Minho,” I spoke to myself, as my fingers danced across the keys.

Morning, my love. Hope you slept well~! I woke up with a headache but I’m sure it’ll go away ;)

I sent it, and since he didn’t answer right away I went and took a shower. When I finished, I put on a loose brown sweater and cargo shorts and entered the bedroom again; Key was changing out of his sweats and into casual clothes. Should I ask where he’s going? Nah, he’s just going to call me nosy and other unneeded things. He left the room again without a word.

My phone beeped, grabbing my attention. I scooped it up into my hands, and checked it. It was a message from my beloved, Minho;

Good morning. Take some Advil or something – it’ll help your headache. ^^ Since it’s Saturday, we should go out or something?

 

I don’t need it, it’s better now. I just want to chill out in the dorm, today. Can you come over, please?<3

 

Ok. I’ll be there, give me a few minutes. I haven’t showered yet.

 

He hasn’t showered yet? …Great - I’m imagining him in the shower. I held my burning cheeks, and giggle like a little girl.

 

 

----

 

Key:

 

I entered the coffee shop that Jonghyun had texted and told me to come to. I haven’t spoken to him in a long time, so I wasted no time in coming here. What can I say? I miss my dorky best friend.

My eyes searched the busy shop for him, but I couldn’t find him. “Yah!” someone shouted. I turn my head and some stranger was beckoning at me.

I scrunched up my face in disgust and look away. He was probably just some creeper trying to get my number or something.

Maybe Jonghyun had went to the restroom while waiting for me – I better go find an empty table. However, someone caught my wrist. “Yah, your Kibum-ssi, right?”

“Get your nasty hands off of me, bastard.” I spat, snatching my arm away.

Yup, you are Kibum.” He laughed. “Come here, Jonghyun and I have been waiting for you.”

“Who are you?” I demanded as he caught my wrist again and dragged me towards the table he was sitting at when I stepped in.

“I’m Jonghyun’s friend.” He grinned as we sat down. “He’s still in the back changing. I wonder what’s taking him so long, though.”

Ugh, so it isn’t going to be just us? This guy has to be here?

“Jonghyun talks about you a lot, y’know?”

“I’m Kim Kibum, who wouldn’t want to talk about me?” I replied arrogantly as I crossed my legs and arms, leaning back into my seat.

“I see.” He answered, the look of boredom taking over his face.

I rolled my eyes. He’s not my type anyway. “Bummie!” My expression immediately brightened as he made his way towards me.

“Jjongie!” I outstretched my arms, wanting a hug. We embraced each other till that guy cleared his throat loudly. Jonghyun settled himself into the seat next to me.

“So,” I said, slowly.

“Oh yeah, I forgot to introduce you. Bummie, this is Lee Jonghyun, an old classmate of mine. Jonghyun this is Kibum,”

“We met while you were gone,” the other Jonghyun said. You know what – this is confusing so I’m just going to call him LJ or something. “He’s different from how you described him.”

This LJ guy is getting on my nerves…

“What do you mean?” Jonghyun asked. “He’s exactly how I described him - cute, funny, and sweet.” He pinched my cheek in the process.

“But he’s so rude.”

“You were the one who was grabbing onto me like you knew me or something! How else was I supposed to react?” I snapped.

“Anything but ‘Get your nasty hands off me, bastard!’”

Jonghyun chucked; “That’s how my Bummie is.” He cooed again. My Bummie. I feel great when I hear that.

“You just have to get to know him.” Jonghyun continued.

LJ and I glanced at each other, but I quickly looked away in disgust, not noticing he did the same. Like hell I’d want to get to know him. He has a terrible personality.

“We’re not even drinking coffee… Let’s go sing some karaoke okay? Sounds like fun right?” Jonghyun said, standing up. He grabbed my hand, jerking me to my feet.

-------

Usually when Jonghyun and I go singing, it usual went like this: Jonghyun would watch in amazement as I dance to some girl group song, and then he would serenade me with a ballad about love.

But oh, no no no.

This time, however, it’s more like I danced to girl groups and the two Jonghyun weren’t even paying attention. They were too busy having a conversation about something I could honestly not care about. And I even noticed that LJ guy do little things like, touch Jonghyun’s hair, touch his shoulders, and touch his arm…

Touch him basically.

I think Jonghyun had been choosing to hang out with him instead of me these past few days.

And I don’t know why it made me so angry and possessive. Like why is he touching my best friend – my Jonghyun.

I drop my microphone, and bolt towards the door in the middle of some SPICA song. “Kibum? Key? Where are you going?” I heard Jonghyun call after me, but I kept walking down and down the steps till I reached the entrance.

I need someone to make me feel better.

I need him. I need Minho, right now.

-------

I pounded on the door to room 602. And a tall, annoyed looking guy opened up. “Minho. Where is Minho?”

“He’s not here! Aish, you woke me up for nothing.” He mumbled, shutting the door in my face. Rude.

If he’s not in his dorm…then he might as well be with –

No. Please, no.

I speed-walked towards my dorm – 611 – and fumbled with my keys. When I eventually got in I didn’t bother taking off my shoes and stumbled into the living room. What I didn’t want to see – was there – was happening.

Taemin straddled on Minho’s lap – kissing.

“Key!” they both said, surprised.

I blinked away the tears forming in my eyes. “Don’t talk to me, ever.” I snapped and walked towards the bedroom, slamming the door shut behind me. I locked it in the process – Taemin can sleep on the couch for all I care.

I walk around the room a couple of times, trying blow off some steam but it just wasn’t working.

Why the did I want to see Minho?

Of all people – friends that I know, why him? I have many other friends I could run too…

A soft knock interrupted my angry thoughts. “Kibum?” Minho’s voice called, softly.

“Go away. Go back to your boyfriend.”

“Taemin went to go buy some soda from the vending machines, open the door.”

I don’t know what made me, but I opened the door and just wrapped my arms around his neck. “Woah, what happened?” he asked, rubbing my back.

“I had a…problem… and I just…I …”

“Calm down, breathe, Kibum, breathe.”

“Choi Minho, I just… I hate you…” He didn’t respond and just kept rubbing my back. “I hate how you’ve changed me so much, I hate it. I hate you.”

“Hate is a strong word you know,” He murmured against my ear. “But love is stronger than hate.”

“Idiot, what does that have to do with anything?” I asked, pulling away from the strong grip I had on him. I hit him in the chest.

He cupped my cheeks and wiped away my tears with his thumbs. My heart raced at this action. “I’m saying you love me, and I—“

“Hyung, I’m back.” Taemin’s voice echoed throughout the dorm.

I pushed Minho back and shut the door in his face, locking it again. I leaned against the door and placed a hand on my chest, trying to calm my pounding heart.

Was he about to say he loved me?

And – why did Taemin have to come back?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

whoa, hope the minkey supporters are satisfied with this chapter.

key about to faint and minho to the rescue~

and aw jongkey.


 

and to answer your questions for the last chappie:
taemin wanted to actually be friends with key and thus the bets started.
key disliking taemin back then will be a mystery - and remain one
obviously doesnt like him now cuz he took minho first ;;