019

I Can Change For You

“Hi, Key.” Taemin grinned as he tapped Key’s shoulders. Key had just finished placing his belongings into his locker, since it was the end of the day.

Taemin had decided that he should just tell Key about what happened that night.

“What do you want?” Key grunted, flipping his hair out of his eyes as he walked away.

“I-I…” Taemin stammered as he followed the older one. “I need to talk to you! It’s important.”

“Okay make it quick, I have somewhere to be.”

“Um, okay…” Taemin bit his lip nervously. How exactly should he say this? Damn, he knew he should have planned it out beforehand. “You remember when you slept with someone, but you couldn’t really remember who it was?”

“…Um, yeah…” Key answered, not sure where Taemin was going with this.

“Well, it was me. We slept together.”

There, he said it. He expected Key to not really care, though.

Key blinked at him a couple of times, and then laughed.

Laughed.

How was this funny? He was serious.

“That’s funny, Taemin. Got any more jokes?” he chuckled, patting Taemin’s shoulder.

“W-What? I’m serious here, hyung.”

“Taemin, I wouldn’t sleep with you even if I was sober!” Key laughed as he walked off. “Slept with him, ha, that kid…”

Taemin followed him though, grabbing his elbow tightly; “I’m serious, Kibum!

“Don’t ing put your hands on me.” Key hissed, pushing him away with brute force. He sent Taemin tumbling backwards. He glared before walking off at a fast past.

Taemin sighed and ruffled his hair. Why didn’t he believe him? What’s his problem?!

 

---

 

Since then on, Taemin and Key hardly ever spoke. Taemin stopped following Key around, and decided it was better just to be by himself.

And he was ecstatic when it was the last week of school. A few more days and he would have a break from all this hell.

 

---

“You were a great roomie,” Dongho said on the last day of school, they were both waiting on the elevator to come.

Dongho patted him on the shoulder and grinned. “See you next year, yeah?

“Yeah,” Taemin answered quietly as he grabbed his luggage. The elevator arrived and they both entered.

 

On the first floor it was packed, Dongho completely ditched him to go talk to closer friends of his. Taemin pushed through people to get to the front door, there was no body he had to say goodbye too.

“Taemin-ah!” a voice startled him. He turned to see Onew jogged towards him. “Taemin, how can you just go without saying bye to your hyung?” he panted.

“Oh, I…” Taemin stuttered, going red. Jesus, Onew’s hair looked glorious today. Yup, Taemin had been crushing on Onew, and talked to him a couple times but they always had very short conversation about homework, or the weather (because of the simple fact that Key was an attention and would always come and interrupt them). “I’m sorry.” He managed to say.

“It’s okay, haha, come here, you!” Onew pulled him into a tight bear hug. “Have a great summer okay!”

Taemin suddenly had the urge to want to stay. As long as he was with Onew… “Y-You too,”

“Onew! Onew, get over here! I want to take a picture!” someone called.

Onew pulled away from the hug. “Here’s my number, call me during the summer!” he smiled before going off towards his friends.

Taemin smiled at the little piece of paper he was just handed, and placed it into his pocket. I will definitely call you.

---

“Mom, dad, I’m back~!” he called as he stepped into his home. His home smelled of several different kinds of fruit.

“Is that Taemin’s voice I heard?” He could hear his father’s voice from the kitchen. He dropped his luggage, on his couch and entered. “It is~! My son! How was the boarding school, did you like it?”

Taemin nodded quickly, he was just really happy that he was home. And he had gotten Onew’s number.

“Baby~” his mother kissed his forehead. “Did you make a lot of friends?”

“Neh.” He answered, smiling. A load of them too…

“Ah, you must be hungry! I just made delicious food to eat.”

 

Home sweet home.

 

----

June had flew by and it was the first day of July. Taemin was sprawled across his bed, looking at the now, small-really-wrinkled piece of paper Onew had given him. “I’ll call him, today.” He said to himself as he grabbed his cellphone off the night stand.

By now he had the whole number dialed out and his thumb trembled over the call button.

For the past month, Taemin had been telling himself he was going to call but in the end he could never press the button. He worried about the small things like; what were they going to talk about. “… it,” he pressed the button quickly, and held the phone up towards his ear. He waited through about three beeps before Onew picked up.

“Hello?” Taemin said, straightening up his posture.

“Who is this?”

“It’s Taemin, um…”

“Taemin? When did Onew hyung give his number to you?!”

“Who is this?!”

“It’s Kibum, Kim Kibum. Don’t call this number again, okay?!”

“Who the are you too say that I can’t?!” Taemin swore, suddenly getting really angry.

“ you~!”

“We already have!” Taemin exclaimed and hung up immediately. He huffed and through his phone aside.

 

~~~
 

“I heard my phone ringing, who was that?” Onew wondered as he walked into the room, towel drying his hair.

“Nobody.” Key said quickly, he went to the ‘recent’ area on Onew’s voice and erased Taemin’s number from there.

“I heard you say you though,”

“It was a prank call,” Key reassured. “I dealt with them though, don’t worry.”

“Oh thanks,” Onew grinned. “Now let’s play some Tekken!” He walked towards his XBOX 360 and placed the disc inside of it.

“Why that game? You always beat me at it.” Key pouted.

“That’s because you always use the weak girl characters, maybe if you used someone strong like Yoshimitsu you’d be able to win.”

“I find Xiaoyu cute, and she is NOT weak~!” Key retorted.

The game booted up and Onew passed Key a controller. “Aigoo, whatever you say,” Onew grinned, pinching Key’s cheek. Key tried to bite his finger, in a playful manner.

 


haaay. finally i updated^^
omo, key you jerkface.
there's probably going to be one more flashback chapter xD

Replies:

vampireme12: Yeah, it seems that way. But you know, Taemin's only in eighth grade - he really didn't think it through like that~

4everYBandTABI: Yup~! That is the reason. Key's a to Taemin soo.. yeah XD.

heart