012

I Can Change For You

Key:

“No, you’re wrong. I do have feelings for you.”

What? What the hell did he just say? “You like me too, right? You said so.”

I hold my breath and turn away from him, trying to think of something that made sense to say. He likes me, Minho likes me. “Key?” He spoke.

Ani,” I breathed. I’m glad I wasn’t facing him, otherwise he would see right through this lie. “How could I possibly like you?” No…why am I saying this? I scoff:“All that we went through was totally fake. All I wanted to do was to piss off Taemin.” Aniya, aniya. I don’t mean this! “Just don’t try to speak to me anymore. Arasseo?!

“A-Arasseo…”

I exited the bathroom before I broke down right in front of him.

Go back, Kibum. Turn back.Now.

My legs just decided to keep walking.

Jonghyun:

I saw Key coming towards my way and sprang to my feet. He didn’t look very happy, though. “What’s wrong? Did you get sick?” I asked.

“Aniyo, I’m fine. Let’s go play some more.” He smiled, a smile I could tell was fake.

Yah, what did I tell you about lying to me!?” I demanded, grabbing his arm tightly.

“L-Let’s just go Jjong. People are starting to look. I’m fine, stop worrying.”

“Kibum, if you want to go home… just tell me.”

“Aniyo, Jonghyun just come on!” He started pulling me in a random direction.

This isn’t right. He’s not telling me something.

Taemin:

One boy was walking towards the bench I was sitting at; I couldn’t really see his face since his blonde curly hair covered it. The boy that was sitting next to me got up and walked towards the blonde. It seemed like they were arguing about something…

After a while, the blonde dragged him away.

Hmm.

Minho was taking a long time in the restroom. I wonder what's taking him so long! Impatient, I got up and walked towards the restrooms. I was a few feet away from it when Minho exited. The ends of his hair were wet and he looked dazed. “Hyung,” I called.

He gave me a weak smile; “Taemin-ah.”

“Gwenchanha?” I asked worriedly. “Was the ride a bit too much?”

“Kinda…” He answered. “But I’m okay.”

He’s avoiding my eyes again.

~~~

[Narrator]

As the sun came down Taemin and Minho went to a restaurant as planned. Taemin noticed that Minho was quieter. As they ate, it always seemed as if he was another world. Maybe he didn’t have a lot of fun today.

But he was fine before he went to the restroom. “Hyung…uh I’m not trying to be annoying but…did you have fun today?”

“Yeah, of course I did.” Minho’s response was quiet, as if he had to force the words out. “And stop saying that you annoy me. You don’t.”

“I’m sorry.”

“No more apologies.”

“I’m sor—uh – okay.” Taemin smiled, shyly.

~~

Key and Jonghyun arrived back at the school first, and were headed towards the boy’s dormitory when someone called their names. “KIBUMMM~! JONGHYUUUUNN!” the person screamed. The two boys turned their heads to see, Hyuna, CL, Kikwang, and Hyunseung leaning against the main building, the place where students are told is the hang-out place. All there is in there are a bunch of book cases, a couple of love couches, a couple of tables here and there and two computers, so nobody really goes there, except the nerdy kids.

“What are you guys doing over here?” Key asked. He and Jonghyun walked over.

“We’re just hanging out.” Hyunseung answered.

“And I happened to spot you two walking, and called you over.” Hyuna added.

“We just got back from the board walk.” Jonghyun told.

“We should have all went together!!” Kikwang pouted. “How come you didn’t invite me!?”

“I just want it to be Kibum and I.” Jonghyun answered, truthfully.

“And he just doesn’t like you,” Hyuna smirked.

“Shut up! Who asked you? Eh?” Kikwang used a hand to push her in the shoulder.

“Don’t put your hands on me, loser.” She snapped.

“Oh, burn.” Hyunseung chuckled.

Kikwang just rolled his eyes and suggested that they all go inside. “Bet, I’ll be able to beat your high score on Temple Run.” Hyunseung said to Jonghyun, whipping out his iPod.

“Yeah right, you won’t be able too!” Jonghyun chuckled loudly.

CL noticed Key was walking away, instead of going inside. She looked back at everyone else. Hyunseung was trying to beat Jonghyun’s score on Temple Run, while Jonghyun sat there and tried to distract him. Hyuna and Kikwang were having another argument over something completely stupid. They were distracted, so CL decided to follow Key.

 

“Kibum!” CL called, running after him. “Where are you going?”

“Why did you follow me?” He asked his voice was shaky.

CL grabbed his shoulder and made him face her; “What the hell do you mean ‘Why did you follow me’?!” she demanded looking into his eyes; she then noticed the tears that were forming in them. “…What’s the matter?!”

“It’s nothing, alright?!” Key snapped, quickly wiping his tears away with the back of his hands. “Something just got into my eye.”

“Let me take a look, then.”

“There’s no need.” Key stated, and started to walk away again.

“Why are you like this?” CL demanded. “Just tell me what’s wrong! Key, please. I’m your best friend. I’m here for you.”

Key sighed; “I just want to be alone, Chaerin. Is that too much to ask for?”

“No but –“

“Exactly. I’ll see you around, okay?”

CL:

He just doesn’t get it. I can’t just leave him alone like he wants. I want to help him, make him smile, laugh. I want to do something!

 I got the courage and just ran after him again. When I caught up to him, I wrapped my arms around his abdomen. “Chaerin, what are you…?”

“Stop pushing me away, okay!?” I shouted. “Just tell me what the happened! I don’t like – actually I hate seeing you this way. And it pisses me off how you never open up to me.”

He didn’t respond, and all I could hear was our breathing.

“Why do you care this much?”

I have liked you for so long, that’s why. “Because we’ve been best friends ever since forever. It hurts my feelings how you can’t open up to me.” And how you probably won’t ever like me back.

“…I ed up today. I made the stupidest mistake.” He confessed. “I…Well…you know Minho right?”

“That freakishly tall guy? Yes I know him.”

“You know how he goes out with Taemin?”

“Yeah…”

“Well…before they even went out he and I would fool around all the time with each other. At first, I was just doing it because I knew if Taemin found out he would be pissed. But then he officially starting dating Taemin and I … I felt so...”

I inhaled slowly as my heart sank; “…You love him, don’t you?”

Key nodded slowly; “And today I ran into him in the restrooms at the board walk and he randomly told me he liked me but I turned him down.”

“Why would you turn him down if you love him?”

He shook his head. “I just don’t ing know.”

Sigh.I don’t know what would be the right thing to say right now, so I just gave him another hug. He heaved a sigh into my shoulder, hugging me back tightly. “Thank you for caring, Chaerin, really.”

“You’re welcome,” I whispered, barely.

 

[Narrator]

It has now been four days since the incident happened. It was dance practice time and Key had been trying hard to act as if nothing had ever happened. Minho had stayed clear of Kibum. He always found a decent excuse how Taemin and him should hang out in his dorm or should go out and do something together. Key said not to speak to him, so that was exactly what he was going to do – no matter how hard it would be.

“The dance competition is next month, I’m nervous.” Dara said.

“I’m nervous for too, because you’re always making mistakes!” Hyuna snapped at her.

“Leave her alone, Hyuna. Damn.” Taemin snapped.

“Don’t talk to Hyuna like that, you .” Key butted in.

“Oh? I’m the .” Taemin looked surprised.

“Yup, and your moves look like these days.” Key added, glaring at the younger boy.

“Cut it out, you two.” Jonghyun and CL interrupted, simultaneously. They looked at each other, amused but then realized it wasn’t the time to laugh about a jinx. Key scoffed and turned back towards the mirror; “Let’s run through this again,”

Taemin glared at the back of his head and returned to his spot next to Dara. “You don’t have to do that, Taemin. They’re stressed over the competition is all.”

“Stressed or not, they are always yelling at you. I don’t like it.” Taemin replied. Dara was going to reply but the music had started, so she just decided to drop it.

Minho sighed. “Don’t worry, they are always like that.” Fei said, patting his shoulder. Minho couldn’t just not worry, though.

~~

“Here you go,” Minho grinned, handing Taemin some blue Powerade. “You look exhausted.”

“Thanks,” Taemin smiled, taking it from him. “Maybe a little nap won’t hurt.”

“Go sleep, okay? I’m going to be in the library, there’s this book I need for this class.” Minho ruffled his hair and turned to go, but Taemin caught his arm. “What is it?”

“You forgot to give me a parting kiss goodbye.”

“Oh,” Minho chuckled and bent over to give the younger a short peck on the lips. “I’ll see you tonight. Make sure you get enough sleep.”

“I will, I will.”

 

In the library, Minho just quickly wanted to get in and get out, but this was only the third time he’s been in the library. There was barely anybody in the library at the moment. Two girls were reading a picture book together in one corner, while one guy was sprawled on the couch sleeping, with an open book on his chest. Minho headed towards the Applied Science and Technology and skimmed through many of the books. “What does this entire thing even mean?!” Minho demanded quietly to himself. The long, difficult-to-pronounce words were making his head hurt. He slammed the book shut and put it back on the shelf.

“Handle the books with care would you?” a stern voice startled him.

“I-I’m sorry!” he bowed ninety degrees at the person immediately. When he looked up, he immediately felt deceive. The person was a guy, who looked like he could be in his senior year. “...Yah!”

“Don’t yah me, I’m the librarian!”

“Really? But you look like…”

“A student? I get that all the time…” the guy laughed, proudly. “I’m in college already, I just volunteer to work here. The name’s Jinki, but I like to be called Onew.”

Minho bowed at him again, respectfully; “Sorry about my rudeness.”

“That’s alright, I’m sure you didn’t mean too,” Onew grinned. The grin was so wide that it made his eyes seem like they weren’t open anymore, and he showed off all his pearly whites.

“Jinki-hyung!” another voice called from the entrance of the library.

“Neh?!” Onew answered. He turned to Minho quickly; “You should hurry and check out a book since I’m going to lock up the library soon.”

“Uh, yeah, sure thing.”

 

“Jinki-hyung~!” Key skipped into the library, a smile on his face.

“My favorite dongsaeng is here, what a surprise.” Onew grinned, opening his arms for a hug.

Key smiled and wrapped his arms around the elder. “It has been a while since I saw you, hyung. I miss your klutzy self.” Key pecked him on the cheek.

“Of course you’d miss me, who wouldn’t?” Onew joked.

Key pushed him in the shoulder; “Yah, Jonghyun and I are probably the only ones who remember your existence here.”

 

Minho grabbed another book from the shelf and skimmed through the pages. The information in it was more understandable from the last book he had. He smiled; feeling accomplished and went to go find that Onew guy.

“Take that back!” He heard and a loud, familiar laugh also could be heard a few seconds after. Minho looked to see what was going on, but quickly hid himself behind the shelf. Why is Key here? Why is Onew so touchy with him?

He couldn’t take watching Onew and Key play fighting together, so he just took the book and left through the back door.

[Key]

“Come on, we should go out and catch up with each other,” I grabbed his hand, and headed towards the exit.

“I have to lock up though, and there’s a guy still here.” Onew replied, pulling his hand away.

“What guy? This place is completely empty.” I look around the library again. The people that were already in here had left already. Onew insisted on looking for that person and after about two minutes he came back. “I guess he left through the back door.”

“Who was it?” I wondered.

“He never told me his name but he’s like, really tall, brown long-ish hair…” Onew explained. “But anyway, since he’s gone let’s go out and play!”

[Minho]

I made my way towards the gymnasium to take a shortcut towards the boy’s dormitory.  The words Key said to me the day at the board walk still stabbed in the heart. I thought he really liked me and it hurts to know that he was just faking the whole time. What a good actor.

“Wow, I never knew you were this strong, Jonghyun.” I overheard as I passed the weight room. Out of curiosity I poked my head into the room and saw Jonghyun doing squats as Dara was in his arms.

“It’s wicked isn’t it?” He winked, proudly setting her on the ground. His eyes suddenly met with mine. I gasp quietly and hid myself.

“Excuse me, Dara.” Jonghyun said.

, , .I cursed in my head. I don’t want to talk to him! What do I do? Do I run?

[Narrator]

Jonghyun appeared in front of him, with his arms crossed.

“I-I was just leaving.” Minho stuttered and turned to leave. However, Jonghyun grabbed his elbow and shoved him back against the gymnasium wall. “I have something to say to you.” Jonghyun glared, stepping closer to him. He couldn’t really get into his face since the height difference was so great, so his daunting glare would just have to do.

“W-What?” Minho gulped.

“Stay the away from Key, because I’m tired of you hurting him – to see him bawling his eyes out for some punk like you.”

“But you don’t understand – I love him!” Minho protested without thinking.

“You just pity him. Quit getting your feelings messed up. You have Taemin, you don’t need Key too.”

Minho was lost for word; “I…but…you…he…”

“I’m ing serious Choi Minho, don’t get near him or I’ll ing hurt you.” He squeezed Minho’s arm so tight that Minho winced in pain.