020

I Can Change For You

Soon enough, summer was over. Just like that.

Taemin hadn’t done much. Most of the time he stayed home and helped his mom around the house, or he would follow his father to work and just observe.

Taemin-ah, Taemin-ah, wake up. You’re late for school!” his mother shook his shoulders gently, but then she started getting a bit rough. “Yah! Lee Taemin, get your up! I told you to go to sleep early didn’t I?”

Taemin stirred and sat up slowly. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and turned his head to look at the clock. He couldn’t have been that late…

“OH !” He exclaimed, hopping out of bed quickly.

“Watch your mouth!” his mother warned. “Hurry and shower, I packed your things for you!”

“O-Okay, thanks mom.” He called as he rushed into the bathroom.

 

Once he was done with his shower, he rushed down the stairs. His mother was waiting for him in the living room. “I’m going to drive you to school, the bus already left.” She said and shoved his luggage towards him. “Ppalli! You’re moving so slow!”

“Sorry mom, sorry!” he apologized as he followed her towards her car.

 

~~~~~

“Have a good time this year, okay, Taemin-ah?” his mother winked as he exited the car.

“Bye, mom.” He shut the door behind him and waved till the car disappeared down the street.

Oh yeah, I’m really late. He jogged towards the main building. As he jogged, he noticed nothing had been renovated.

He finally made his way into the building, and walked towards the front desk. The lady who took care of who in what room eyed him; “Mr. Lee…you are kind of…really late.”

“Yeah, I know. So what’s my room number this year?”

“Well it was 503, but someone took your spot. So it’s 611 now.”

“Is someone already in there?”

“Yes, Mr. Lee. You’re not a senior yet, you don’t get a dorm to yourself.”

“…Right.”

“Here’s your key.” She said, sliding the item towards him. “Have a nice day.”

“Thanks, you too.” He bowed slightly at her, and then exited the building. He headed towards the boy’s dormitory.

His heart raced nervously. It wasn’t like he was excited to see anyone, so what’s with this weird feeling?

Maybe he was just nervous about meeting his new roommate? Yeah, that was probably it.

It took approximately ten minutes till he got to room 611. He stuck the key into the keyhole and unlocked the door. He was welcomed with a nice smell of pineapples. He shut the door behind him and kicked off his shoes. “Helloooo?” he called as he entered the living room.

“Kibum!!!” he gasped and pointed.

“OH HELL NO!” Key exclaimed. “YOU ARE NOT MY ROOMMATE!”

“Sorry, I am.” Taemin answered.

“How?  You’re a ing freshman now. Sophomores and freshmens don’t share dorms together. That’s always been a rule!!!”

“Well the lady told me that this is my dorm and here the I am!”

“Oh no. We’re gunna fix this.” He pushed past Taemin and exited the room.

Taemin sighed and went to find the bedrooms. Once he found the room, he began unpacking his things.

 

 

Soon Key came back, utterly unhappy. “I can’t believe this.” He muttered.

“Well, believe it.” Taemin said, and belly flopped onto his bed.

“Shut up.”

“Hey – you better start acting a bit nicer. I mean – we’re going to be stuck in the same dorm for this school year.” He snapped.

Key wrinkled his nose in disgust; “Fine then, I’ll try to be nice to you.”

Taemin suddenly grinned; “Good.”

“Ugh, this is going to be so hard.”

“Why?”

“Cause you’re so stupid and annoying!”

“I was never a problem before our argument, though.”

Key crossed his arms. “Yeah? Well, now you’re a problem.” He flipped his hair and exited the room.

What did I ever do to him? I wonder. Taemin thought to himself and shrugged.

 

-----------------

 

It took a while, two months actually, till Key stopped being stubborn and actually talked to him.

“Hyung, isn’t Jonghoon so good-looking?” Taemin patted Key shoulder repeatedly till Key turned his head.

“Oh, yeah, I guess he is.” Key replied, nonchalantly.

“Wanna see who can French him first?” Taemin smirked.

“Lee Taemin. Are you challenging me?”

“Yup.”

Key laughed; “Alright, you’re on.”

However, no matter Taemin tried. Jonghoon never paid much attention to him. And Key ended up winning that bet.

The bets started off with small things like – who can kiss who first, who can who first at a party.

“Ugh, this isn’t fair. You are friends with at least everybody!” Taemin whined.

“You’re just a sore loser, that’s why.” Key mehronged.

“I hate you.” Taemin muttered.

“I love me too, Taemin.” Key laughed, pushing his shoulder lightly.
 


well hope that made sense...