022: It's Over.

I Can Change For You

“Is Kibum in?” Jonghyun asked, he had a small sunflower in between his index and thumb that he was rubbing around.

“Yeah, but I doubt he’ll speak with you. He doesn’t want to talk to anyone.” Taemin explained, crossing his arms.

“Well can you tell him-”

“I can’t tell him anything. He said he won’t speak to me either.”

Jonghyun sighed; “Can I at least just see him?”

“He wants to be alone; don’t you think you should at least accept that?” Taemin rolled his eyes and attempted to shut the door in his face, but Jonghyun put his foot in the way.

“Will you just shut up and let me in?” His voice raised out of annoyance. He pushed the door open, making Taemin step aside. He collided with the wall emitting a loud thump.

“Yah, Jonghyun!” he called, following him into the living room where Minho was standing up with a puzzled expression on his face.

“Why the are you here? Did you forget what I told you?” Jonghyun demanded, grabbing his collar. “Leave Key alone you !”

Taemin shoved Jonghyun aside with all his might. Jonghyun stumbled to the side a bit. “Minho’s not here for Key, why would he be?”

“Oh! So you haven’t told you boyfriend you’re in-”

“What’s with all the damn noise?” Key demanded stepping out of the bedroom. “You know people, as in me, are trying to sleep.”

“Kibum!” Jonghyun grinned, completely forgetting about Minho and Taemin.

“Oh god, it’s you.” Key frowned. “Why are you here?” His eyes met Minho’s, for a moment, till he turned away and headed for the exit – Taemin following close behind.

“I just want to talk to you, about yesterday.”

“Yesterday?”

Yesterday, Minho almost confessed to him. Or at least that’s what he thought he was going to do.

“Yeah, about Jonghyun – the other one. I’m sorry about him. He’s not usually like that.”

“No it’s okay, I think you two make a cute couple.”

“Huh? Key, what are you talking about? We aren’t like that.” Jonghyun tried to say.

“You don’t have to lie to me, Jonghyun. If you got yourself someone who you love, I will support you.”

“But Jonghyun isn’t the one that I love – the one that I’m in love with, is you.”

_____________

 

“Minho, where are you going? Stop!” Taemin shouted. “Hyung!” He grabbed his arm tightly and swung him around to face him. “What the hell was that?”

Minho heaved a sigh; “Taemin…I…I…”

“Don’t worry about what Jonghyun says, he’s just trying to piss us off.”

“No, because I can’t… I… What he said…” Minho breathed in.

 

In the distance they didn’t realize Kai walking up the hallway. He was about to call out Taemin’s name but Minho was speaking so he’d guess he’d be polite and wait till they were finished.

 

“Spit it out, Minho.” Taemin said, frowning.

“Taemin – I can’t…go out with you anymore.”

“…Did…Did I do something to upset you? If I did – I didn’t mean it…I…”

“No – it isn’t you. I just need to get my together…”

“No..! You don’t have to break up with me to get your together…”

“Taemin, I’m sorry, but I can’t.”

Taemin rubbed the tears that stained his cheeks away, and sniffed. “If you say it’s not because of me – then is it because of…Key? Is it because of him?” Taemin took his silence as his answer. “So you…you’ve never liked me? All of this time it was one-sided?”

“No! I did like you but it…Sigh, it’s complicated.” Minho ruffled his hair. “I’ll…see you some other time, okay.”

Taemin grinded his teeth together as his fist made contact with Minho’s jaw. “Don’t ing bother – you ing bastard.” He spat, as he turned and ran off.

I deserved that. Minho thought bitterly to himself as he wiped his bloody lip. Damn.

“I knew it. I knew you’d do this to him.” Minho looked over his shoulder and saw Kai walking towards him. “He didn’t want to believe me… I guess that’s how much he trusted you.”

“Stay out of this, alright.” Minho sighed, as he carefully caressed his cheek; “ – I need some ice.”

Kai smirked as he watched him walk away, nodding his head satisfied. Wait – what am I doing? I need to find Taemin.

--//--

What did you say?” Key demanded.

“I said I love you.” Jonghyun repeated. “I have been in love with you for years, Kibum.”

“Jonghyun…I…you…”

“I know…how you feel about Minho but I just needed to tell you. I couldn’t hold it in anymore.”

“…”

He put the sunflower, which he had in his hands, in Key’s messy blonde hair and kissed his forehead.

“…Jonghyun, you’re my best friend… and now you suddenly say you love me… I don’t know the right way to react…” Key answered. “I’m sorry.”

“No, please don’t say you’re sorry.” Jonghyun pulled him into a tight hug. “I said I just wanted to let you know. I’m not expecting a relationship, either. I really just want you to be happy, with whoever you please.” Even though I wish it weren’t Minho.

“Thanks…” Key answered quietly and pulled away from the hug. Quietness fell over the dorm as he made his way back into his bedroom.

“Key?” Jonghyun called, following. What if Key really as bothered by his confession?

“I need to take a shower, don’t come in here!” he snapped.

Oh, he wasn’t bothered. He’s still Key. Jonghyun grinned as he dove onto Key’s bed to wait for him.

--//--

After Key got out of the shower, he and Jonghyun just hung out in his dorm watching movies they’ve seen billions of times till seven. Jonghyun had fallen asleep, but since Key had already slept for the majority of the day, he was wide awake.

BOOM~ BOOM!

Why is it suddenly raining? Is that thunder? Key wondered to himself as he sauntered towards the window. The thunder flashed near him and he quickly fell back. “I hate thunder…” he whispered to himself as retreated to the couch. However, before he sat down there was a loud quick knock at the door. He pursued his lips as he skipped to answer the door.

“Who are you?”

The boy had his hands resting on his knees, and he panted really harshly; “My name’s Kai… Is Taemin here?”

“No…”

“Still?” he frowned. “Where could he have gone?”

“What? What happened?! He isn’t with Minho.” Key questioned, sounding concerned. It isn’t like Taemin to just go off alone to places, especially on Sundays.

“No – when I saw them they were arguing and then Taemin left, I didn’t follow him immediately because I had stuff to say to Minho but … I can’t find him anywhere and if he isn’t here… where could he be?”

“Minho and Taemin were arguing? Did they…break up?”

“…Yeah.” Kai answered quietly.

Key’s eyes widened; “He wouldn’t…be there… it’s raining for ’s sake!”

“Huh?” Kai asked.

Key shook his head. “Get out of my way!”

 

 

OH SNAP WHAT KEY FINNA DO?

"Use your brain to guess, my pretties." he says.

 

OH SNAP. 2MIN BROKE UP.
You guys knew it was coming...right? Or was it totally unexpected?

Hmm, voice your thoughts BELOW.

I was writing this as I watched Bridal Mask. I am on Episode 3 at the moment. That lead guy's character pisses me off because he's so stupid. If you enemy is running away on a horse SHOOT THE MUTHA'IN HORSE DAYUM! But ya dramas - nobody thinks logically.
Teehee, I completely my JongHo fic today so if you haven't read/heard of it yet, please go check it out^^