Domestic

roomies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The ride down was quiet. No one dared to speak; no one knew what to do. Winter didn't expect their family situation to be that complicated. All this time everyone thinks Karina's life is picture-perfect; no problems, no issues, no complications.

I guess no matter how much money people have, there will always be problems.

The shorter couldn't see Karina's face, the girl's head was down the whole elevator ride and was still silently sobbing. She can only watch her hunched back and feel sorry for her. It was a bad idea to come with her here, she thought. She didn't deserve to hear such things, it's like she just invaded Karina's privacy. But again, the girl needed someone by her side, and it was an offer Winter couldn't turn down.

As soon as they got out, Karina collapsed on her knees.

"Concon!" Winter held onto her shoulders, and was thinking of helping her stand up when Karina uttered something under her breath.

"I'm an unwanted child."

"Con..." The emptiness of the ground floor, with the exception of the receptionist and cleaning staff, made everything dark and cold. Winter's beginning to think that Karina's negative thoughts have begun to cloud her mind.

"Minjeong, I'm such a mess." Those words left the other more speechless.

"Tara na, uwi na tayo?" Winter went onto her knees in front of Karina and wiped her tears. She thought the girl still looked adorable, but she put them aside for now. They need to get home before the night turns deep.

They quickly hauled a taxi, and thanked the heavens the driver was not chatty. As soon as they got home, her older sister opened the door for them. Taeyeon was eating dinner while watching some late-night show. Her sister was about to say something, but the sibling eye-contact made her shut . Winter's sure Taeyeon will ask her the next day with something along the lines of "Bakit mo pinaiyak bebe mo?"

Anyway, she sat Karina on their bed—her bed, and got her a glass of water. Karina had stopped crying by that time, but still couldn't bring her head up.

"Thank you." Winter sat next to her, and reached for her hand; a habit she had started to get used to. She was about to trace the infinity that calmed the other but remembered that it was Karina's father who made that gesture. She ended up holding the other's hand instead.

"Can I get a hug?"

It was a very gentle request, one that made Winter's heart jump. It's as if she's at her most vulnerability, and only her hug will make things better. So, she slowly slipped her arms around the girl's waist and heard Karina breathe in while she exhaled in the embrace.

I am willing to be your safe haven, Yu Jimin.

Minjeong's

I hugged her to sleep last night, and woke up to her sleeping face, to her smile, and to her keeping me in bed dahil,

"P'wede 'wag tayo pumasok today?"

And I stayed with her in bed, gently playing with either her hair or her hand because I couldn't bring myself to sleep again knowing that we're both aware of each other's existence. Pinay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter