Nightmares and Mornings

roomies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Karina's

The sun rays woke me up from my deep sleep. We forgot to close the blinds, or maybe she forgot kasi una naman akong natulog. I squinted, trying to see what was before me without getting blinded by the sun.

What. The. Hell.

I looked at her closely, trying to see if she was still sleeping.

I never noticed how long her eyelashes were, well, never ko naman s'yang tiningnan nang ganito katagal. Her nose looks so sharp; just like her jaw, you can get cut. I think she didn't get enough sleep kasi ang dark ng eyes n'ya. Was it my fault? Malikot ba ako matulog? Her skin feels smooth din, pero I didn't wake up to stare at her, that's weird.

But...

I can't tell. I proceeded to observe the position we slept in, and I must conclude na wala akong clue paano kami nakatulog na magkayakap. I slowly tried to remove myself from her but instead froze on the spot when she yawned.

Ang cute. She tried to keep it in but couldn't help but let it out. She closed kaagad, letting her yawn out through her nose. Pinigilan pa, hahaha. I hope I'm making sense.

"Minjeong?" I nudged her gently. Baka kanina pa s'ya gising tapos she's stuck lang din.

"Tulog ka pa ba?" Her stable breathing says otherwise. I really need to stand up or else puputok ang pantog ko.

I had to let go of her muna kahit ang comfy ng pwesto namin. I tucked her in kasi malamig; I don't want her to get cold naman. Her cute pillow was on the floor so I picked it up, tucked it between her arms, and I think she sensed na Mochi was in her arms so she hugged it.

"Cute." She looks so adorable that I couldn't help what I did next.

"Thank you," I told her though I'm not sure she heard it. I took a picture of her and tweeted it.
 


Minjeong's

Around 7:45 AM na ako nagising. ulit. Ang hirap imulat ng mga mata na gusto pang pumikit ng isang araw.

Pumasok ako sa banyo at tumitig sa eyebags ko na mas halata na ngayon. Hindi na s'ya eyebags lang, EYEBAGS na s'ya. Ang laki ng difference. Nakakaiyak.

Kung walang mass ngayon tutulog lang ako buong araw.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I fixed my hair and changed from pajamas to sweatpants and a simple white tee. Mamaya na ako maliligo, mas mahalagang makakain muna ako ng breakfast or else makakatulog ako sa misa.

"Good morning, Minjeong."
"Good morning, Winter."

Alam mo talaga kapag may gustong malaman o makuha mga kaibigan mo eh. Mukha silang hindi makabasag pinggan ngayon, may wings and halo.

"Gusto mo tomato juice? Bibilhan ka namin bukas pag-uwi, wala kasi dito eh." Ning said with a mischievous smile you can't miss.

It's too early for this, I don't want to deal with this pa.

"Anong almusal gusto mo? Tinapay? May—"

"Oo na, magkwekwento na ako. Tama na 'tong pagpapanggap n'yo." Tumawa silang dalawa sabay abot ng strawberry juice at tinapay.

"Hindi sa'min galing 'yan. Thank you raw." Did she tell them already?

"Alam n'yo na nangyari?" Umiling 'yung dalawa. I guess hindi n'ya sinabi pero why didn't she give these personally?

"So, what happened?" Uminom muna ako ng juice bago nagsimula.

"Before n'yo ako i-judge, I just did what I think is the best thing to do. Okay?" The dorks nodded eagerly, telling me to hurry and get straight to the point.

Sige, straight to the point.

"Nagising akong umiiyak s'ya so I hugged her to make her stop kasi gusto ko na rin matulog. Then, hindi ako nakatulog dahil mas sanay akong unan ang yakap, hindi tao. Parang ang sikip na ewan kasi kaya nahirapan ako matulog

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter