Getting To Know Each Other

Bodyguard Of My Heart

"I will be there as fast I can Miss Lee." she answers on the phone as she rushes down the stairs of the home. 

"Are you headed somewhere sweetheart?" ask Jaejoong.

"Nae daddy sorry one of the teaches at the pre school called in sick late so Miss Lee is asking me to come in." 

"I see well have a good day at work sweetheart." 

Before she exist the house she sees four of the guards standing by the door. She is shocked and confused looking at them then looks at her parents back at the guards. 

"Sorry Miss Jia but my right hand man and I will be joining you at your job as of right now." says Baekhyun.

"Even at my work it's just a preschool a couple miles away I'm sure I'll be okay." 

"No can do Miss Jia." 

She rolls her eyes and bumps shoulders against him as she walks out the door to their cars. He holds his hand out to help her into the car but she ignores him and gets into the car.He scoffs and shakes his head as they all enter the car and head straight to her work.

"MISS JIA." the children all exclaimed happily as they see her enter the classroom.

"Hiii my little buddies." she smiles happily.

Baekhyun just looks around the room of the preschool looking at the kids staring at him and his friends. He chuckles at some of the others reactions to the children like they haven't seen kids ever. 

"Haerin you're finally back I missed you so much." hugging a little girl tightly

"I missed you too Miss Jia, I have something for you."

"Oh you didn't have to sweetheart." 

"You seem very familiar with the children they really adore you." says Baekhyun in awe.

"I love them like my own they are all just precious to me." she smiles looking at the children. As the latter looks at her in awe smirking.

"Miss Jia is the ajusshi you're boyfriend." looking up at Baekhyun

Both of them blush looking away from one another laughing and nervous. Baekhyun looks at Jia wondering what her answer is seeing her cheeks flushed from embaressement. 

"He is very handsome Miss Jia." the child says in confidence.

"Ahh why don't you go play with your friends Haerinnie." pushes her slightly to the play area.

"They are very cute." he says chuckles. 

The teacher walks away from him and starts gathering the children to start some learning fun as the bodyguards watch it. Baekhyun leans against the wall watching Jia teach fighting back a smile. The others stare at their head and smirk seeing their friend be so infatuated with a client because it's never happened before. 

"You know there's no shame to admit that she has peeked your interest." the eldest of the group exclaims under his breathe.

"Aish Minseokkie hyung we're here to do a job which is to keep her safe." 

"Doesn't meant it stops you from getting to know her more." 

Jia is sitting in the hammock chair reading a book hair in a loose bun in the backyard. Baekhyun is checking the premises as he sees her alone in the backyard.

"She normally does this after work.she loves calling it her winding down time." Yunho explains.

He chuckles and shakes his head, "She seems to really enjoy her job at the preschool and the children adore her as well." 

"Oh they love her more than anything and she loves them like her own, she is a heart of gold I think that's why jaejoongie and I chose to adopt her even though she was a young woman because her heart is a million to one." 

Baekhyun looks back over to Jia as he sees Jaejoong heading over to his daughter along with their puppy Sage. She giggles putting her things down kissing jaejoong on the cheek and snuggles with sage on the chair swinging while speaking with Jaejoong.

"All Jaejoongie and I want is for her the happiness and love she deserves, because it's long over due for someone like her she's  been through so much it's heart warming that even if she's been through all the things she's down her heart is so loving and pure still." 

"What is her story if I may ask sir." 

"Well I mean even if I am her father it's not mine to tell but hers." he pats his back.

Baekhyun half smiles, sees Jaejoong walking away from her so he decides to keep her company. Until he stops in her tracks as he hears her singing as she reads her book.

I have no words to say
I have no words
Eotteon maldo jigeumeun akkigo sipeo

I have no doubts, with you
I have no doubts
Naui gyeoul gatatdeon sungani
Geudaeroin hae eoneusae ttaseuhaejyeoga

Stand by you, where ever you are
I'll stand by you, who ever you are
Nae mame beonjyeoga neoui hanahana
Kkeuteopsi naege peojyeoga

Cause we shared love, the pain
The beams and hurt
Geunarui nan neowa
Cause we shared love, the pain
And even the tears
Eotteon iyudo eopsi urin
Dagagago dagaseomyeo
Kkeuneojil deut seororeul danggyeosseo
Because I shared love, pain, and tears... with you

 

He just stands frozen in his tracks completely mezmorized by her voice and in awe just looking at her. She continues humming the song while caressing her puppys head swinging. The dog senses Baekhyun so she stands on her hind legs tail wagging watching him. Jia turns around completely  shocked just looks at him.

"Sorry I didn't  mean to intrude on your me time it's just your voice is really beautiful." she blushes as he compliments her.

"I doubt it's thhat nice I mean compared to who my fathers are, blood or not." 

"Well your voice is golden  I have to say so myself and I love listening to music." 

"Waahh you have a life outside your job." 

Baekhyun chuckles, "You just get more and more witty the time's i've spoken to you don't you." 

"Being witty is one of my best qualities I learn from the best since Shim Changmin is my Uncle." she giggles.

"But yes I do trust me there's a lot of things you don't know about me." 

"Well seeing how your not in your uptight uniforms and in comfy clothes I can tell this will be a fun coversation, no more uptight head of the bodyguards mask or Mr. Tough guy act".

"I deserve that, but no this is just me being me wanting to get to know you more."

"Chincharoo."

"Only if you want too?" 

"Call" she giggles holds her hand out as he chuckles and shakes her hand back.

He chuckles smiles and sighs, "I guess I should start first, I'm from Bucheon with my hyung and parents we live a very happy life, but I was very lost in what I wanted to do in life than I met my best friends in middle school which are the ones you see now." 

"Waahh you all have known each other for that long."

"Nae, they are my best friends I honestly don't know what I'd do without them we created this company together because we just enjoyed the feeling we had keeping people happy and safe where they were it feels rewarding enough than getting praise just seeing smiles on the people we protects faces." 

"Have you ever been in love, or fallen in love with a client before?" she ask curiously wanting to know.

Baekhyun chuckles and shakes his head, "I think I was too into my head in my job wanting to keep my personal life and work apart from each other to keep away from the pain it'll cause." 

"I'm pretty sure clients have fallen for you I mean you're handsome-" she covers as he blushes.

"There have been attempts but I guess I was blinded into my job all the guys always tell me but I just I don't want to go through it all." 

She nods her head, then he looks over at her and ask, "What about you tell me the story."

"Well I was adopted at the age of 24 years old by the most known members of a K idol group, but I was foster homed since I was 4 years old due to my parents being drug addicts and my aunt just didn't have enough to raise me but she wanted to keep me away from them so she sent me to a foster home, and I was always up for being adopted until they find out my story and they give up wanting to adopt me, then I was passed on from foster home to foster home until you see being 24 years old."

"But isn't it once the child turns 18 years old foster homes have no choice but to let you go?" 

"They do but the last foster home I was in were so sweet I still call them my second parents because of how sweet they are they took me in and helped me through all the pain I went through and helped me find a family meant for me leading to my Appa and Daddy." 

"Do you ever feel hurt or anger towards your parents or I guess your aunt for sending you away." 

"Before when I grew older at first I was angry so angry at them all but then in my teen years I was thankful to my aunt for keeping me away and safe for my own sake." she half smiles. 

"Any boyfriend at all or being in love."

"Oh no way"

"Why not?"

"It might sound very corny, but when I fall in love I want the man to be my first and last love." she looks away embaressed.

Baekhyun smiles and puts his hand ontop of hers, "I don't think it's corny at all." she smiles looking at their hands heart beating faster. They continue staring in one anothers eyes smiling. Until someone clears their throat they look up to see Suho and both pull away from one another. Jia slowly stands up and bows down excusing herself picking up her dog rushing back into her house. As Baekhyun sighs standing up turns around facing Suho looking at him smirking arms crossed.

"Mwoya?"

"Jaejoong hyung is calling us for dinner." continuing to smirk looking at him.

"Then what are we waiting for let's go, and stop that dumb look on your face it makes you look ugly than before."he sasses pushes past him.

"YAH i'm still older than you even if your the head guard." he pouts following after him.