Holding On

Bodyguard Of My Heart

 

A couple days later after the break up of Jia and Baekhyun everyone has been walking on eggshells around the former lovers while comforting them of their heartbreak. Which they are thankful with Baekhyun busy wth EXO's schedules and Jia with her job at preschool it's helping take their minds off each other. Yet there is still the yearning to just be with each other the void in their hearts that'll never be filled.Tonight is the Seoul Music Awards where all idol groups will be attending.

Applying her make up getting ready for work. "Daddy I'm doing fine you don't always need to keep an eye on me.

Jaejoong steps out from the wall sighs "I'm sorry baby it's just been a couple of days we do still live together but you two avoid one another I'm pretty sure this is the first you two would be seeing one another or in the same vicinity somehow."

"Daddy..."

"Baby you know you don't need to be strong in front of your appa and I." He reassures her sitting in front of her holding her hands.

"I know I'm doing what's best for him, he deserves where EXO is going and if being in a relationship with me can ruin it then why not stop it from happening."

"So that's the reason why you ended things with him." 

"Baekhyun deserves the best daddy, he is a good man with a heart of gold." 

"Who you will always love with all your heart." he says determined to hear her answer.

"Daddy..don't do this." she sighs.

"You love him right..he is the one like you've always been telling your appa and I, to changmin. jungkook and jhope." 

"Da...daddy."

"Remember what we told you, love is not going to be rainbows and unicorns Jia, it's going to come with hardships nothing will ever come easy with out a fight but it's your choice whether your determined to be strong or let go and have the doubts and pain overcome you." 

"I did it to protect him." 

"From what?" he ask confused.

"How can people look up to a man who fell in love with a girl that's a foster child and got adopted as a young adult who is just a preschool teacher, they'll think I did voodoo on him or something with all the talent he has , he deserves the best."

"And you don't think that's you."

She avoids Jaejoong's eyes which gives him the answer to his question.

"Oh my baby girl you maybe my daughter and I love you with all my heart but you can be so dense sometimes."

"I'm telling Appa you said that." she pouts

"Jia you know how your daddy here has no filter and is honest no matter what not even your appa can stop me." 

"WHICH IS TRUE." Yunho yells from the hallway.

She rolls her eyes playfully." Okay you got us on that but what do you mean daddy?"

"Jia you are all that man sees in his heart, he looks at you like you created the entire universe, while you maybe his universe I've never seen a man as in love with someone as he is with you. You are everything to him Jia without him telling your Appa and I we know how serious he is and will always be about you. And I know you want what's best for Baekhyun, but you could've sat down with him and spoken longer than jumping into ending things. That man would probably burn down the whole world if you asked him too if it's not just for you." 

"There's only one man that's been like that with another human being sweetheart." Changmin says popping out of nowhere.

"What the hell are you a fairy godmother popping up out of nowhere." hand on her chest shocked to see Changmin.

Changmin sticks his tongue out at his best friend while chuckling. "We've been here getting ready pabo and I heard everything."

"Alright then so who's the man my daddy is talking about."

He smirks winks at Jaejoong."No other than your own father the one and only Jung Yunho."

Her eyes widen at the answer as she looks over at her father for confirmation and he nods his head agreeing.

"Yunho hyung will fall more and more for Jaejoongie hyung no matter how long they've been with it never stops, and we all see it that way with you and Baekhyunnie." he says.

Jaejoong fist bumps Changmin."Alright your work is done I have your favorite snacks in the kitchen don't ruin your suit we're leaving soon."

Changmin smiles and runs out of the room heading for the snacks yelling threats to Yoochun and Junsu to not touch his food.

"I..." tears form in her eyes and lips quivering she whimpers.

Jaejoong pulls her into his arms as she starts crying hysterically rubbing her back. "Oh my baby." 

"It hurts...it hurts so much daddy." 

"It's really going to hurt baby that's what love brings."

"It hurts so much." she hiccups crying harder into Jaejoong's chest

She cries sniffing pulling away from her father and looks at him. "I don't want to lose him forever, I know I want to be with him spend the rest of my life with him because I know deep within my heart he's been the one I've been waiting for."

"Then prove that to him." he says wiping her tears away.

"How ?he's probably mad or hates me now daddy I hurt him...a lot" looking down at her hands.

"I doubt he'd ever feel that way for you hurt but never hate he loves you to much." 

"What do I do then daddy?" 

"Hold onto him, show him that you made a mistake and regret it and if he takes and wants you back never let him go hold on." 

"And what if he doesn't?"

"Doesn't what."

"Want me."

"Then it's going to hurt like hell then." 

She sniffs  nodding her head in agreement, "Yes..yes it will daddy, but I'm willing to go through that for him." 

He smiles  and kisses her forehead, "Well then let's get ready to kill the charts and get you your man back."