Cake

Just love me!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Taehyung was called inside the Chief’s office.

 

“My friend is really thankful to you for doing your best in protecting Jisoo..” said Jin smiling. “He’s so grateful that he wants you to continue being her bodyguard but I know you won’t agree so-..”

 

“It’s fine..” said Taehyung quickly. “I can continue being Jisoo-ssi’s bodyguard..”

 

Jin put the pen he was holding down the table.

 

“It’s fine? You wanna keep being her bodyguard?” he asked again.

 

Taehyung looked like he hated her to death just a month ago..

Did he suddenly become her fan or what?

 

“Alright..” said Jin nodding his head. “I will tell RM that you agreed but you also need to come to work..”

 

Taehyung’s brows furrowed.

He means to come here at the station?

 

Jin nodded again.

 

“RM said Jisoo has almost finished shooting her last scenes for her drama so she might not have a busy schedule unlike before..” he continued. “So you need to work for me too.. there’s a lot of things to do here..”

 

Taehyung agreed immediately.

 

As soon as he went out of his office, he saw Jimin sitting on his seat as he read some cases.

 

“Your chair is just in front of mine but you are always sitting here..” said Taehyung sighing. 

 

Jimin chuckled as he put the papers away.

 

“I just missed you.. that’s why..” he said laughing. “It’s nice to see you here at the station wearing a uniform..”

 

Taehyung looked at himself for a moment.

That’s right.. it’s been a while since he last wore this uniform..

 

“Do you perhaps have any spoiler about Jisoo’s drama? I’m dying to know what will happen to her in the end..” Jimin continued as he sighed. “Did she tell you? Or maybe you saw what happened on set?”

 

Taehyung looked at him in disbelief.

Is he a drama addict or what?

 

“I don’t know.. I don’t watch any drama..” he replied in a low voice.

 

Well.. he has only seen a few clips because he was curious but he doesn’t know about the whole story.

 

“I saw an article about Jisoo’s next project..” said Jimin standing up. “She might be starring at a movie with her rumored ex boyfriend..”

 

Taehyung faced him completely.

 

“Ex.. boyfriend?” he asked in a low voice.

 

Jimin nodded.

 

“They would make a really good couple if they really dated..” he said as he went to sit on his seat this time. 

 

Taehyung cleared his throat.

 

“Who.. is it?” he asked curiously. “What’s his name?”

 

“Suho..” Jimin replied. “He comes from a rich family.. he’s good looking.. and he’s a great actor..”

 

Taehyung lowered his gaze.

Who is that Suho? Is it really her ex? Did she date him? Will she work with him?

He only knew about her finishing her drama but he didn’t know about this new movie..

 

“What if they really dated? What if they fall in love again while working together?” Jimin continued asking making Taehyung annoyed. 

 

“Stop saying nonsense and just work..” said Taehyung turning his back against him.

 

Jimin has a lot of time stalking celebrities when there’s a mountain of cases they need to look through..

 

“I wish I were an actor so I could also date someone like Jisoo..” said Jimin sighing. “But I’m just a police officer who barely has time to eat yet my income is miserable..”

 

Taehyung turned his head to him slowly.

 

“Why?” he asked in a gentle voice. “Can’t you date someone like Jisoo-ssi.. just because you’re a police officer?”

 

Jimin looked at him for a few seconds before bursting into laughter.

 

“Are you serious or what?” he said still laughing. “That will never happen.. why would a celebrity have interest in someone like me? They might be interested in me at first but they will get tired soon.. since I’m just a police officer who is not even worth their time..”

 

Taehyung heaved a sigh as he turned against him again.

 

That’s right..

Jisoo-ssi may be saying she is interested in him now but she can change her mind tomorrow..

 

Because he’s just an ordinary guy.. a police officer of all men..

 

She will eventually get tired of him..

 

 

————————

 

 

 

“Did you buy everything I asked you, RM oppa?” asked Jisoo looking behind. “How about some energy drinks? Are you sure you got them?”

 

She was checking the bags one by one to make sure everything was there..

 

They were on their way to the station where Taehyung works..

She wanted to repay his hard work as her bodyguard..

And she was just informed that he also agreed to continue working for her making her even more grateful than ever..

 

And of course.. she wanted to see him..

She hasn’t seen him at all for a week after that night at his house..

 

Well.. he drove her home after that..

He was such a gentleman.. he didn’t want her to take a taxi by herself..

 

She smiled to herself as she imagined his face inside her head.

She’s really excited to see him wearing his uniform today!

He looks the best in it!

 

“I bought everything so don’t worry..” said RM smiling.

 

“Chicken.. jajangmyeon.. kimchi.. cake.. energy drink..” Lisa was looking into the bags curiously. “Can they even eat all of this, Jisoo unnie?”

 

Jisoo chuckled.

 

“Police officers need to have a lot of energy to protect our country so they have to eat as much as they can..” she replied as she imagined Taehyung’s face again.

 

Will Mr. Kim like it? He seems to eat well.. 

Should she have asked for his preference? Or is it very obvious to just bring him his favorite food?

 

But she needs to win him over.. she has to make him like her..

She can’t wait for him to do so..

 

She was still imagining things to herself when RM said they have already arrived.

 

She quickly took the mirror from her bag to look at herself.

 

She sighed.

She couldn’t even put any lipstick on..

She looks pale and plain..

 

She was still worrying about her looks when she heard Lisa speak..

 

“Unnie... is that Mr. Kim’s girlfriend? Look at them laughing together-..”

 

“Mr. Kim isn’t dating anyone..” said Jisoo quickly as she went out of the van quickly.

 

She already knew who Lisa was talking about..

It must be Jennie again!

Why are they always stuck with each other?

They are even wearing their uniforms making it seem like they’re wearing couple clothes..

 

While everyone was giving the three of them a warm welcome, Jisoo had only eyes on Taehyung and Jennie..

 

“Wow.. thank you for coming all the way here..” said Jin who also went out of his office to meet Jisoo.

 

“All thanks to you..” said RM patting his friend’s shoulders.

 

“We rarely get to eat at work so we are really thankful to you..” said Jimin as he started eating. “Jisoo-ssi is the best-..”

 

Then he saw Jisoo going towards Taehyung and Jennie who were still talking to each other.

 

“Mr. Kim..” Jisoo called him loudly to get his attention.

 

Taehyung clenched his hands into fists.

He did see her van parking outside..

Of course he saw her coming into the station..

How can he not notice her when she’s like a walking sunflower? 

Her dress is very bright.. making her beauty stand out even more..

 

He had seen her already.. but he tried hard to ignore her..

 

“Take this..” said Jisoo giving a bag of food to Jennie. “Why don’t you eat this together with them?”

 

Jennie raised her brows together.

She didn’t even greet her or anything..

Or maybe that is supposed to be her greeting?

 

“Ohh.. thank you..” she said smiling as she took it. 

 

She then turned to Taehyung who was avoiding Jisoo’s gaze.

It seems like.. something is going on here.. and she should go and know her place..

 

She left the two of them right away..

 

Jisoo cleared .

 

“Mr. Kim.. you look quite cold today..” she said noticing his change of expression.

 

Or is he perhaps sad that she sent Jennie away?

 

“Thank you for coming here and bringing us food.. you didn’t have to do this..” said Taehyung lowering his gaze to the floor.

 

Jisoo pursed her lips.

Is he being like this because of what she told him last time?

Hasn’t he gotten used to it yet? She has already confessed to him a couple of times!

 

“I should go and get back to work..” said Taehyung excusing himself.

 

But Jisoo grabbed his by his arm.

 

“Wait Mr. Kim..” she said holding him tightly. “I have a few things to tell you..”

 

Taehyung pulled his arm quickly yet gently making Jisoo pout.

 

“Can we talk somewhere alone?” asked Jisoo in a soft voice.

 

Taehyung looked around them.

Does she think she’s at a playground or what?

She keeps coming to the policestation as if she were going to a shopping mall!

This isn’t a good place for her.. she seems not to care about her image at all..

 

But since he knows she came all the way here for him.. no.. he meant that she came all the way here to bring them food.. he should still welcome her..

 

He grabbed her wrist gently and brought her to an empty office.

 

“What is it that you want to tell me? We have a lot of work to do-..” he said almost hurriedly.

 

“It’s my birthday next week..” said Jisoo cutting him in.

 

Taehyung lifted his gaze from the floor to her face.

 

He gulped.

She looks.. even prettier today..

 

And he had to hold his breath when he saw her lips curling up into a smile.

 

“You finally looked at me..” said Jisoo smiling widely. “I have a schedule in the morning so you need to come with me..”

 

Taehyung faked a cough.

What the heck is happening to him? Why can’t he focus?

 

“RM oppa told me that you will work for me on certain days so you need to work that day, okay?” said Jisoo raising her brows together as she waited for his answer.

 

Taehyung’s throat moved fast.

Why.. does he keep getting weird signals today?

 

“I.. don’t know yet..” he replied in a shaky voice.

 

Jisoo sighed.

 

“But I wanted to go with you to my father’s grave..” she said disappointed. “I thought you could drive me and-..”

 

“I will go with you then..” said Taehyung quickly.

 

She did mention to him that she goes there on her own birthday..

 

He saw her smiling right away making him feel relieved..

Wait.. what? Why would he feel relieved?

 

“But.. why is Mr. Kim acting cold to me?” asked Jisoo biting her lower lip. “I didn’t want to make you feel uncomfortable by telling you how I feel..”

 

Taehyung seemed surprised by her honesty.

He has never seen anyone be this frank...

 

“I mean.. I just want you to know that I plan to continue liking you until you like me too..” said Jisoo pursing her lips feeling somehow embarrassed. “So.. just tell me when you also have plan to do so..”

 

There was a moment of silence between them until the door opened and there came in Jimin.

 

“What the-..” he said startled to see them looking serious.

 

What is going on here? What are they talking about in this atmosphere?

They didn’t even turn the lights on..

 

Taehyung sighed..

This guy has loose mouth.. if he knows that Jisoo is interested in him.. he will never stop pestering him!

 

“Come outside..” said Taehyung quickly as he grabbed Jimin by his shoulders and forcefully went out of there.

 

Jisoo looked confused.

 

“Why does he keep avoiding me everytime I ask him to like me?” she asked to herself as she marched on her feet. “He didn’t even say anything about how I look today when I put on some efforts!”

 

 

————————

 

 

 

Jisoo’s birthday came.

 

She finished her only schedule that day which was an interview for a magazine.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter