Wishes

Just love me!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

*flashback to the day before*

 

 

 

 

“Are you sure you want to quit?” asked Jin looking disappointed. 

 

He didn’t expect Taehyung to quit just like this..

He is one of the most outstanding policemen out there.. and he is the son of another amazing policeman..

His dad became the youngest Chief during his time and he thought Taehyung might follow his steps..

 

But now he is saying to him that he wants to quit..

 

“I want to get married.. and live with her..” said Taehyung smiling. “Jisoo needs me the most this time.. I should be beside her.. comforting her..”

 

Jin sighed.

 

“This case will end when we arrest Michael Park and Ari.. that means that will be your last day..” he said holding onto his resignation tightly.

 

Taehyung nodded.

 

“We will fly to Barcelona on the same day.. I’m sure she will be bombarded by questions from the media once we arrest her mom and her stepdad.. and I don’t want her to suffer even more..”

 

Jin could understand him somehow..

Jisoo does need someone at this moment.. her world must be falling apart after knowing the truth behind her father’s death..

 

“I will not open your resignation letter until you get on the plane to Barcelona..” said Jin smiling a little. “I wish.. that you could change your mind before then..”

 

Taehyung smiled onesidedly.

 

He doubts he will change his mind again..

It took him long to finally decide to submit his resignation letter..

He knows he might have regrets later on.. but Jisoo comes first before anything else..

 

“We need to be careful..” said Jin sighing. “Especially you..”

 

Taehyung nodded.

He knows that he is being followed by Michael Park’s men that’s why he even told his parents not to see him for the meantime..

 

“I’m afraid.. they might use Jisoo..” Jin continued. “She is an actress and she has great influence on the media.. that’s why she can never show up that day at the airport.. she must never get close to her mother and to Michael Park..”

 

Taehyung nodded his head.

 

He’s going to do his best to protect Jisoo.. he will put his life on the line..

 

 

 

*end of flashback*

 

 

 

—————————

 

 

 

 

That day finally came..

 

 

Taehyung was nervously looking at his watch as he stood in front of the departures’ board..

 

Michael Park and Ari would be there in 15 minutes..

Jennie had called him to tell him that everything was going exactly as planned..

 

He took a deep breath as he checked on his phone..

He received a message from Jisoo saying she was already waiting near their meeting point..

Their flight is scheduled an hour later so he needs to reach her as soon as he is able to arrest both Ari and Michael..

 

Just 15 minutes.. just a little more and he is going to be with Jisoo.. and he can finally breathe..

 

He put a hand on his belt..

 

He wishes that he doesn’t need to use his gun today..

He hopes his last day will not require it..

 

He closed his eyes shut and breathed in..

He’s nervous.. he’s anxious.. he has to admit that..

He’s scared.. and he will be.. until he is finally able to see Jisoo before him.. until they finally get on the plane together and leave this place..

 

It will go well, won’t it?

That’s right.. Jennie reassured him that everything was going as planned..

 

He doesn’t need to worry.. he shouldn’t..

 

But that was until he saw many reporters coming inside..

 

What is going on? Why are they here?

What are they doing all of a sudden?

 

This might ruin their plan.. and they might interrupt the operation..

 

He received a call from Jin immediately.

The Chief was waiting on the other side with Jimin and the others..

 

“We need to change the plan.. we are going to meet and arrest them halfway otherwise the reporters will be in our way..” said Jin over the phone.

 

Taehyung agreed immediately as he started to walk closer to the entrance.

 

But he stopped on his feet when he saw Jisoo walking towards him..

 

She looked pale.. her eyes were trembling.. and she was shaking her head as she stared at him..

 

What is going on? Why is she there?

She said a few moments ago that she was waiting on the other side of the airport..

 

But why is she-..?

 

And seeing the people behind her made him realize the situation they were in..

 

Ari and Michael were just behind her..

 

Jisoo must have been caught..

 

Infact.. Jisoo was waiting for him silently at the said place when some men showed up and brought her before her mom and Michael Park..

 

They took her passport from her and forced her to come with them..

 

“Don’t come close.. please..” Jisoo was mouthing to Taehyung as she tried not to cry.

 

Michael was pointing a gun to her back as they walked towards the gate..

 

“Keep walking..” said Michael whispering to her as he saw Taehyung looking at her.

 

Jisoo stopped.

The reporters started to notice her presence and started taking pictures of her..

 

She knows the person behind this..

Her mother must have called them.. she must have done it so both of them would go down if things didn’t go well for her and her husband..

 

How could she do this to her until the end?

Did she never love her even for a little?

 

She was getting closer to Taehyung when they heard someone fire a gun..

 

It was Jin who had no choice but to take the spotlight from Jisoo..

 

Everyone started screaming and went into chaos..

 

Taehyung grabbed the opportunity to pull Jisoo to him hiding her behind him..

 

He pointed a gun to Michael and Ari who were surrounded by their men who were pointing guns at him..

 

“We finally meet like this..” said Michael smiling onesidedly.

 

Taehyung’s brows were furrowed as he held onto his gun tightly..

 

“You are surrounded.. just surrender now..” he said gritting his teeth. 

 

Jin and the other policemen started to surround them.

 

Michael and Ari were totally outnumbered..

 

Michael smiled wider.

 

“Do you really believe it will end like this?..” he said making Taehyung nervous.

 

“Do you think leaving the country and arresting me will keep your beloved ones safe?” asked Michael laughing a little.

 

Ari stepped forward.

 

“Come with me Jisoo..” she said sternly.

 

Jisoo held onto Taehyung tigher.

 

“Please stop now mom..” she said as her tears fell down. 

 

Ari was walking slowly to Jisoo when Michael shot her on her back sending everyone in confusion.

 

Jisoo covered in shock as she saw her bleeding.

 

“How could you-..?” Ari winced in pain as she turned to her husband.

 

“You betrayed me..” said Michael furiously. “Do you think you could fool me? You conspired with the police to oust me!”

 

He had learned from his guys that Ari was giving all the information to the police in exchange of her daughter’s safety..

 

In the end he chose that stupid daughter of hers from her first husband she killed herself!

 

Jin went closer to them.

 

“Michael Park.. you are completely surrounded now.. anything you do will just add to your already long list of crimes..” he said in a loud voice.

 

Michael turned to them.

He doesn’t care about anything else anymore..

Since it has come to this.. he’s going to finish it..

 

“Put your gun down..” said Jin coming closer to him but Michael fired his gun and shot him on his arm.

 

Taehyung was quick to hold onto Michael taking the gun away from him..

 

“You will pay for everything you did..” he said breathing loudly as he pinned him down the ground.

 

And while everyone was in a mess, Jisoo was crying as she held her mom who was bleeding..

 

“Mom.. please.. mom..” she was crying her heart out as she looked at her.

 

She has hated her a lot.. she has despised her so much that she thought she didn’t care about her anymore.. but Ari is still her mom.. no matter what she did.. 

 

“Jisoo.. I didn’t kill your father..” said Ari in a soft voice. “It was.. the hospital’s mistake.. it was.. the doctor who prescribed him.. the wrong medicines.. and they gave me money to shut my mouth up..”

 

It was her fault to have lost her sanity when Jisoo’s father suddenly died..

 

Jisoo’s tears kept falling down as she listened to her.

 

“I knew nothing back then.. I only thought the money would help me raise you.. but they distorted the truth and put the blame on me..” said Ari tearing up. “I’m sorry.. Jisoo.. I was never a good mother to you.. I couldn’t be.. I’m sorry..”

 

Jisoo was shaking her head.

 

“We will talk later mom.. just.. stay still.. let’s wait until you get treated.. I will listen to you..” she said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter