Coward

Just love me!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Why haven’t you called us these days? I was worried something happened to you!” Nadine said as she hugged her son tightly.

 

She and Arthur decided to visit him home after not hearing anything from him for a few days.

 

“I was just.. busy with work..” Taehyung replied. “I just came back to work and many cases have been piled up..”

 

Nadine furrowed her brows.

 

“How about Jisoo? You don’t work for her anymore?”

 

That question made Taehyung sigh.

 

Jisoo’s face wouldn’t leave his mind.. it seems like she is engraved inside his head.. particularly.. those tears..

How could he just leave that night without letting her finish what she had to say? That was too mean of him!

 

“W-why? Is there something wrong?” asked Nadine again.

 

Taehyung cleared his throat as he opened the fridge.

 

“Why did you buy so much food? I can’t possibly eat all of this..” he said changing the topic.

 

Arthur took some juice.

 

“You look different..” he said patting his son’s back. “Are you sure everything is okay?”

 

Taehyung heaved another sigh.

Does he make it that obvious that he isn’t alright? 

 

“Don’t worry dad..” he said faking a smile. “I just need some rest..”

 

Nadine came towards them and started putting some drinks inside the fridge.

 

She smiled as she saw the soft drink she bought.. that one with Jisoo’s face on it..

 

“How pretty!” she said as she showed it to Taehyung. “Does she look even prettier closer? What do you think of her, son?”

 

Taehyung bit his lower lip.

He can’t help but get reminded of her no matter what he does..

 

“She is.. a lot prettier..” he replied as he took a deep breath. “She’s nice.. and kind.. and.. has a beautiful heart..”

 

Arthur and Nadine looked at each other.

 

“Is she?” asked Arthur carefully.

 

Taehyung’s eyes widened as he just realized what he said.

Why did he have to think loudly? 

 

“I need to take a shower now..” he said running to the bathroom as fast as he could.

 

He closed the door shut and leaned his back against the wall.

 

Jisoo.. Kim Jisoo.. Jisoo-ssi..

 

Is she doing fine? Is she busy with her new movie?

Is she.. getting along with that Suho guy?

 

He shouldn’t be worrying about her, should he?

She is in good hands.. 

She will forget the man who worked for her as a bodyguard.. and she will fall for the man who deserves her..

That’s right..

That will surely happen..

 

Jisoo-ssi deserves a man as good as Suho.. 

 

 

————————-

 

 

Jisoo has just finished filming her last scene for that day when Suho stopped her.

 

“You did a great job today..” he said smiling at her.

 

Jisoo bowed her head.

 

“You too..” she replied shortly.

 

She was about to walk past him when he stopped her again.

 

“Tonight.. perhaps.. do you want to have dinner together?” asked Suho in a gentle voice.

 

Jisoo took a moment before answering him.

 

“I have to meet a friend tonight so.. I can’t..” she said as she hurriedly went away.

 

She was sighing to herself when she met with Lisa..

 

“Jisoo unnie.. do you want to watch a movie with me tonight? Isn’t your favorite-..?”

 

“I wanted to rest tonight..” Jisoo replied. 

 

Lisa nodded her head.

She has been observing her and she noticed she looked less energetic today.. no.. to be honest.. not just today but ever since her bodyguard has changed.

 

It has been a week since RM oppa told Jisoo that Mr. Kim was assigned to an important case and he couldn’t continue being her bodyguard anymore.

Well.. Jisoo unnie didn’t look surprised at all.. it seemed like she had expected it already..

As if Mr. Kim had told her beforehand..

But why does it feel weird?

And Jisoo unnie has been behaving differently too.. she isn’t saying anything but she kinda looks sad.. 

 

Jisoo sighed yet again as she walked past her and found RM before her.

 

“Jisoo.. what about we-..?”

 

But Jisoo continued walking and got into the van.

 

She leaned her back against her seat and looked outside the window.

 

She usually feels excited whenever she films a new movie but why does it feel different today?

She feels extremely tired that she wants to stay in bed all day..

She even rejected two invitations tonight.. she used to be a party animal though..

 

She opened her bag and took something..

 

“Kim Taehyung..” she read his name softly as she pursed her lips.

 

She can’t believe she is still keeping his card with her..

Just.. what did he do to make her fall head over heels for him?

Why can’t she forget him already?

She hasn’t heard from him at all for a week.. she hasn’t seen him.. she usually forgets easily.. but Mr. Kim keeps bothering her!

 

She was still thinking to herself when RM and Lisa also came.

 

“You sure you wanna go home?” asked RM. “Lisa and I will be having  a company dinner tonight..”

 

Jisoo nodded her head.

 

“I will sleep early..” she said with her eyes closed.

 

RM was looking at her through the mirror.

Why does this brat keep acting like she went through another breakup he never knew of?

 

“They might send you a different bodyguard tomorrow..” he said as he continued driving.

 

Jisoo nodded again.

 

“They can send anyone they want..” she replied with her eyes still closed.

 

“We are going abroad for a few days to film some scenes.. should I ask Mr. Kim if he can-..?”

 

“No..” Jisoo said quickly as she opened her eyes at the mention of Taehyung’s name. “Just.. don’t say anything to him..”

 

Lisa and RM turned to each other.

 

“Ahh.. okay.. I will not ask him anything..” said RM clearing his throat.

 

Lisa sighed.

It seems like.. something did happen between Mr. Kim and Jisoo unnie..

 

 

————————

 

 

“I haven’t slept for a few nights..” Jimin was complaining nonstop to Taehyung.

 

The two of them were eating at a convenience store just in front of the station.

 

They might have to stay awake all night even tonight..

Why did they have to get assigned in this case?

 

There have been three consecutive robberies in the area and they need to arrest them as soon as possible..

People are complaining saying they aren’t doing their jobs but what can they possibly do if they don’t have any suspect?

 

“Aren’t you tired? You didn’t even go home today..” said Jimin turning to Taehyung who was silently eating his gimbap while looking outside.

 

Jimin sighed.

Mr. Almost Perfect seems to be working hard even tonight..

If he cannot talk to him then that means he’s completely focused in this case..

He must be so determined to catch those guys..

 

A few moments later, Jennie also came to buy some snacks..

 

“The Chief has been looking for you Jimin..” she said patting his shoulder. “He looked mad for some reason..”

 

Jimin’s eyes widened.

Did he forget something again?

He hurriedly went out leaving the two inside the store.

 

Jennie sat beside him.

Taehyung doesn’t seem to be himself even more these days..

And the reason has to be with Jisoo for sure..

The Chief even said that it was Taehyung himself who agreed to continue being her bodyguard then all of a sudden he said he changed his mind?

 

“You okay?” asked Jennie clearing .

 

Taehyung nodded.

 

“Why don’t you rest for tonight? You haven’t gone home since this morning..” said Jennie looking worried.

 

Taehyung shook his head.

 

“I’m not tired yet..” he replied as his eyes were still focused outside, not wanting to miss anything.

 

“You’d cry tears of blood if you don’t take a nap..” Jennie sighed. “Why are you working so hard?”

 

Taehyung didn’t answer her.

 

Jennie sighed as she continued staring at him.

This guy must be the most stubborn one of all men!

He’s kind and a gentleman but he doesn’t listen to anyone!

 

She was shaking her head in disbelief of him when Taehyung’s phone rang.

 

The calmness in his face went away and Jennie noticed it immediately.

Just.. who is calling him for him to turn somehow nervous?

He suddenly looked pale..

 

She leaned closer and saw a sunflower beside the name.. Jisoo?

 

“Why aren’t you answering?” she asked looking away immediately. 

 

Taehyung took a few seconds before putting his phone back on top of the table..

 

“It isn’t important..” he said sighing as he looked outside again.

 

Jennie was still looking at him.

Not important? Look at those hands  that can’t seem to stay still.. and his throat moving fast as if he were nervous.. even his legs are shaking a lot.. and he’s saying it was nothing important?

 

“If you’re a man then you shouldn’t let her wait..” said Jennie taking a deep breath.

 

Taehyung turned to her.

 

“W-what?” 

 

Jennie took another deep breath.

 

“You like Jisoo, don’t you?” she said in a clear voice. 

 

Taehyung’s eyes quivered.

 

Jennie stood up suddenly startling him.

 

“She needs a man who loves her too..” she said breathing loudly as of she were becoming mad at him. “If you love her then why can’t you just admit it? You’re making it hard for her!”

 

She can’t help but get mad at him!

It’s written all over his face that he loves her but he’s too stubborn to admit it!

She understands he has never liked anyone else before but why is he trying to ignore what he’s feeling inside him?

 

She was still glaring at him when he spoke..

 

“Jisoo-ssi needs a good man who can take care of her.. a man who is on the same level as her.. a man who can give her all that she wants..” Taehyung said sighing. “And that person.. cannot be me.. I am just.. a police officer who got assigned to guard her and catch her stalker.. I am not good enough for her..”

 

Jennie remained silent for a moment.

So he was worried about this? Because he’s just a salary man while Jisoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter