Envelope

Just love me!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taehyung was reading all the files he received from Jin.

 

He had gone to talk to him directly the day before.. he couldn’t stay still after knowing about Jisoo’s mother probably killing her ex husband.. 

 

He expected the Chief to get mad at him for barging into his office but he seemed to be understanding on his part..

 

He gave him all the information and files he has been keeping all this time..

 

That’s right.. the Chief knew everything even before telling him to be Jisoo’s bodyguard..

It seems like he did it purposely so he could observe Jisoo closely..

 

He sighed as he put a hand on his forehead.

 

If everything were true.. Jisoo would be really disappointed.. and sad..

 

The police has some evidence about Ari killing her husband..

They were able to get her ex husband’s files from the hospital where he died.. and it looks like he had been taking medicines that were harmful to a person who had problems with heart..

 

And it seems like Ari was the one who was buying and giving them to him..

 

And as soon as her ex husband died, she inherited his lands and buildings making the purpose of the possible murder even more evident..

 

Taehyung closed his eyes shut as he leaned his back against the headboard of his bed.

 

He came back home at 6 pm and it was already past 9 pm and he is still looking into this case..

 

He has never been this focused on anything else.. 

He always wants justice to prevail.. he gives his everything in anything he does.. but he feels like giving up on this one..

 

Winning this case.. and putting the people involved behind the bars is like killing Jisoo twice..

 

She will lose the only family she has.. and she will be disheartened to know that the reason behind her father’s death is none other than her mother..

 

He wants to help her.. but helping her will not do any good..

 

He was still thinking deeply when he heard the doorbell ringing..

 

Who could it be?

Did Jisoo come? But she knows his code and she said she was busy shooting all day..

 

He quickly hid the envelopes inside the drawer of his side table and went to open the door.

 

He found his mother before him.

 

“What took you long?” asked Nadine smiling. “Were you perhaps.. with Jisoo?”

 

Was his son doing something important that would surely make his parents happy?

 

Taehyung heaved a sigh.

 

“Jisoo is working tonight..” he said smiling a little at his mom’s teasing. “I was.. just in my room..”

 

Nadine hugged him.

 

“Where is dad?” asked Taehyung. “Why are you alone? Did you fight?”

 

Nadine sighed a little.

 

“Your dad made me mad..” she said pulling herself away and going to the living room to sit.

 

Taehyung followed her.

 

“Why? Did he not want to go on a date with you again?” he asked teasing her.

 

His mom did throw a fit about a year ago when his dad refused to go on a date with him.

 

Nadine turned to him.

 

“I only asked him if he wanted another child..” she said sighing. “And he said I was too old to make another baby..”

 

Taehyung laughed.

 

“Mom..” he called her softly. “I can’t have a younger brother at my age..”

 

Nadine crossed her arms together.

 

“I was just joking but did he have to say I was old?” she asked complaining to her son.

 

Taehyung chuckled.

His mom is really a crackhead!

Well.. his father did tell him that he fell for her because she was weird..

 

Then one thought came to him..

 

“Mom..” he called her in a low voice.

 

Nadine sat closer to him.

Her son suddenly looks serious making her worry..

 

“Before marrying dad.. did it not bother you.. that he was a policeman?” asked Taehyung.

 

He didn’t even want to start a relationship with Jisoo because of his job..

He thought they were living in two different worlds that’s why he tried hard not to fall for her..

But he still failed..

 

Nadine’s lips curled up into a smile..

 

Then she pulled him close to her and kissed her on his cheek.

 

“My son has grown up.. I can’t believe my little boy is in love now..” she said hugging him tightly. “I thought you’d die single because you only cared about work..”

 

Taehyung pulled himself away from her.

Did she have to kiss him? He can understand how his dad and her get into an argument!

 

Nadine patted his head.

 

“Of course.. it bothered me..” she said sighing a little. “I was the daughter of a professor and my dad was worried about me.. you know how dangerous your job is..”

 

Taehyung sighed.

That’s right.. his job can be very dangerous..

And he knows Jisoo is always worried about him..

 

“But I love your dad..” said Nadine smiling. “I once thought of breaking up with him because I didn’t like his job but I couldn’t.. I thought I’d rather be anxious everyday waiting for him to come home to me than not being able to be with him for the rest of my life..”

 

Nadine smiled as she remembered those days..

Arthur was just like her son.. he was also very worried about her not liking his job..

How could she give birth to a son that is just exactly the same as his dad?

 

Taehyung lowered his gaze to the floor.

 

Will Jisoo think so too?

What will she do once she knows about the case he is assigned to?

Will she understand him? Will she still choose to love him?

 

He’s afraid.. no.. he’s scared.. no.. he’s truly frightened.. that he might have to hurt her.. and she might choose to leave him and unlove him..

 

He cannot think of not being with her..

He loves her with all his heart.. and he needs her badly in his life..

 

 

 

————————

 

 

 

Things were heated at Ari and Michael’s house in the US..

 

They have been arguing a lot.. that they had to send their son to his grandparents’ house..

 

“I told you that policeman is after me!” said Michael in a loud voice as he punched the wall. “He was following me all around when we were in Korea.. how could you not know that it was that bodyguard who came with your daughter?”

 

Ari took a deep breath.

 

“I didn’t know about him being a policeman back then.. I only got to know after that..” she replied trying to stay calm. 

 

Michael sighed.

 

“You only knew because I told you..” he said facing her. “It’s because I told you that your stupid daughter is dating that guy!”

 

Ari’s throat moved fast.

 

That’s right..

They are fighting because her daughter is dating the policeman who is investigating her husband.

 

“Kill him..” said Ari taking a deep breath. “You can just kill him like you always did whenever someone tried to take you down..”

 

Michael smiled onesidedly.

 

“What if he told your daughter already?” 

 

Ari clenched her hands into fists.

Is he saying he wants to kill her daughter too?

 

“I will make sure my daughter doesn’t say a word if she ever gets to know..” she said softly. “Do not hurt her.. I beg you..”

 

Michael laughed loudly.

 

“I didn’t know you loved your daughter that much..” he said closing the gap between them. 

 

Then he lifted her chin.

 

“Then why did you kill her father?”

 

Ari took a step away from him.

 

“Do not mention anyone or anything about my past..” she said breathing loudly. 

 

Michael grabbed her by her collar.

 

“If a word comes out about me from your daughter’s mouth.. I will not hesitate to kill her..” he said threatening her. 

 

Then he pushed her away making her fall down the floor.

 

“I will call my secretary first to think about what to do with that policeman.. I need to make him disappear as soon as possible..”

 

Ari was breathing loudly as she held back her tears.

 

She needs to warn Jisoo to stay away from that man.. that’s the only way for her and her daughter to live..

 

 

 

 

————————-

 

 

 

RM was shaking his head as he stared at Jisoo.

 

Something really good must have happened to this woman..

She doesn’t usually smile this much even when her movie gets watched a million times yet she’s been smiling from ear to ear since she came back from her mini vacation with her boyfriend..

 

Then he saw her turning to him..

 

“RM oppa.. do I really need to attend the party?” asked Jisoo pouting a little.  

 

There is a dinner party organized by  Suho’s agency that night and she was invited..

 

RM nodded.

 

“The media would want you to attend.. they really like your chemistry with him so we need to do what we can..” he replied.

 

Jisoo sighed a little.

She really misses Taehyung that she thought of going to see him tonight but it seems like it can’t happen..

 

It’s been almost a week since they last saw each other..

They would just call each other whenever they had free time but it wasn’t enough for her..

 

RM noticed her looking sad.

Must be good to be in love..

She hasn’t even gotten married yet but she acts like she hasn’t seen her husband who went to the military for years!

 

“Just go and you will enjoy it too..” he said clearing his throat.

 

 

It was about 8 pm when they arrived at the hotel where the party was held.

 

As soon as Jisoo got out of the van, the flashes of the cameras blinded her.. and she was flooded by questions by the reporters..

 

 

 

 

 

“Are the rumors true about you and Suho?”

 

“Have you started dating?”

 

“Are you getting married?”

 

 

 

 

 

Jisoo could only sigh as she walked past them.

People are so busy making up rumors about her and Suho just because they look good together..

They are even editing their pictures together to make some fake evidence! They must have plenty of time in their hands!

 

Lisa laughed a little as soon as they entered the lobby..

 

“They think they know everything about you unnie..” she said whispering to her. “They’d faint if they knew you are dating Mr. Kim..”

 

Jisoo covered as she laughed a little.

 

Well.. if only Taehyung would allow it, she’d proudly tell them that she is dating him!

But she know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter