Rest

Just love me!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

“You said you’d definitely do it.. why are you suddenly changing your mind?” asked Jin as he continued reviewing some papers. 

 

Taehyung sighed.

 

“Chief.. please-..”

 

“Is it because Jisoo’s stepfather is involved?” Jin put the papers down as he looked at him.

 

Taehyung has never asked any favor from him before..

He has always done his job well..

He has never been personal to any of the case he was assigned to..

He is someone who separates his life from his work..

He is an exemplary policeman but it seems like he has changed..

 

Taehyung sighed yet again.

 

“Jisoo has nothing to do with what her stepfather does..” he replied in a low voice. “But still.. I do not want her to know that-..”

 

“That you want to take her family down?” said Jin still staring at him.

 

Taehyung nodded his head.

 

“Are you afraid that Jisoo might have to do something with it?” asked Jin smiling onesidedly.

 

Taehyung clenched his hands into fists.

 

There’s no way she is involved in any of her stepfather’s business..

 

Jisoo has always been distant to Mr. Park.. and even to her mom..

 

“Must you put me on this?” asked Taehyung taking a deep breath.

 

Jin nodded.

 

“I don’t know anyone else who can do better than you..” he replied quickly. “I was totally unaware about Jisoo being his stepdaughter.. I am sorry to make you do this but you are the person I trust the most..”

 

Jin held the pen in his hand tightly.

 

“So please do not disappoint me..” he continued.

 

Taehyung heaved a sigh before bowing his head and going out of there.

 

 

———————-

 

 

Jisoo was smiling to herself in her waiting room.

 

She has just been reminded of the other night when she slept at Taehyung’s house..

 

She can’t believe she really slept side by side with him..

Time flew by..

Didn’t he used to ignore her yet he kissed and hugged her all night as if he couldn’t get enough of her?

 

He was so sweet to her.. that she was wondering what she did to deserve him..

 

Well.. she did pray for someone to love her the way she wanted to..

 

Heavens must have heard her prayers and sent Taehyung to her..

 

She chuckled yet again when Lisa knocked on the door and entered..

 

“Jisoo unnie..” she called her softly and carefully.

 

Jisoo turned to her with a smiling face.

 

“Why? Did the director call for me?” she asked as she stood up.

 

But then she heard her say..

 

“Your mom..”

 

Jisoo’s throat moved fast.

What about her mom?

 

“She came here..” said Lisa nervously.

 

Jisoo’s brows furrowed.

Who came? Why? How come?

 

Her mom has never gone to see her..

It was her.. who always had to go to where her mom was..

 

Why would she come all the way here?

 

“She bought food for everyone..” Lisa continued. “And-..”

 

“Is she still here?” asked Jisoo in a serious tone. 

 

Lisa nodded.

 

The two of them went out of the room.

 

Jisoo saw her mom greeting everyone in the set.. giving food and smiling at each and every staff..

 

Why is her mom suddenly doing things she doesn’t usually do?

 

Wait.. perhaps.. will she insist on making her part of her husband’s company again?

Didn’t she already give her an answer?

 

“Jisoo.. my dear..” Ari waved her hand while smiling. “Do you want to have lunch? Have you eaten-..?”

 

“Can we talk, please?” asked Jisoo in a stern voice.

 

Ari nodded.

 

She left the food to her assistant and went to talk with her daughter.

 

The two of them went back to Jisoo’s waiting room.

 

“I didn’t know which food you’d like so I bought all kinds..” said Ari still smiling.

 

Jisoo heaved a sigh.

Her mom will never know what she likes eating because she has never cooked for her.. she has never asked her.. and she has never cared..

 

“Please tell me why you came here..” she said trying to look at her eyes directly.

 

Ever since that day her mom slapped her.. her hate has doubled..

Specially because it was her birthday.. the day she gave birth to her only daughter..

 

“I am sure you didn’t come here just to feed the whole staff..” Jisoo continued. “So please tell me-..”

 

Ari took some pictures from her purse and threw them on the table.

 

“Your father was worried about you that’s why I came all the way here..” she said sighing. “He said I should warn you about going out with that policeman..”

 

Jisoo’s eyes widened.

 

Those pictures... why does she have them?

 

“Did you have someone follow me?” asked Jisoo in a trembling voice.

 

They were pictures when she and Taehyung were in Barcelona.. some were also taken outside Taehyung’s house when they were together..

 

“Why would you have someone follow me?” asked Jisoo on the verge of tears. 

 

Ari took a deep breath.

 

“I told you already.. your father is very concerned of you..” she said looking serious. “Dating a policeman will give a negative impact on your career..”

 

Jisoo snorted.

Since when did she become so interested in her?

She has dated tons of guys in the past yet she stayed still and now all of a sudden she won’t allow her to date?

 

“I don’t want you to get involved with the police..” said Ari. “I am telling you this as a mother so please-..”

 

“Please do not get involved in my relationship with Taehyung..” said Jisoo raising her chin. “I.. love him.. and I won’t be bothered by anything or anyone when it comes to him.. even if it’s you.. mom..”

 

Ari’s throat moved fast.

 

“You.. should listen to your mom..” she said clenching her hands into fists. “This is for your own good..”

 

Jisoo smiled onesidedly.

 

“I will be the one to decide if it’s for my own good..” she replied.

 

Ari took a step towards her.

 

“You are really-..” she was about to raise her voice when a knock was heard.

 

“I need to go and shoot for my last scenes..” said Jisoo bowing a little. “Thank you for the food..”

 

Then she left Ari alone in the room..

 

 

 

————————-

 

 

 

“You look tired..” said Taehyung as he glanced at Jisoo beside him while cooking for their dinner.

 

He could hear her sighing and she isn’t talking as she usually does..

 

Did something happen to her?

Is she sad that her movie shoot ended today?

She doesn’t miss Suho, does she?

 

He was still thinking to himself when  he heard her speak..

 

“My mom came to see me today..” said Jisoo heaving another sigh.

 

Taehyung’s hands stopped at the mention of her mom.

 

He has also been greatly bothered by the case he has been assigned to and was trying to forget about it while he is with her..

 

He hasn’t fully decided yet if he will really take that case..

 

And if he does.. he will have to tell her about it or he would feel guilty..

 

“She had someone follow me.. and she knows about us..” Jisoo continued. “And she doesn’t-..”

 

What should she say? How can she tell him that her mom disagrees of their relationship?

She knows her mom’s opinion doesn’t really matter but she wants to be as honest as possible to him..

 

“It seems like she doesn’t like her daughter dating me..” said Taehyung seeing her hesitating. 

 

Jisoo lowered her gaze.

She feels bad because Taehyung’s parents have treated her as if she were their real daughter..

 

“What should we do?” asked Taehyung turning to her. 

 

Jisoo glanced at him shyly.

Is he disappointed? Will he be discouraged?

 

“I will still love you..” said Taehyung leaning towards her to kiss her on her cheek.

 

Jisoo tried hard not to smile but it was impossible..

This policeman has her on the palm of his hand..

 

“Kiss me again..” she said in a soft voice as she pouted her lips.

 

Taehyung chuckled.

She’s too adorable! Does she think he will refuse?

 

He kissed her quickly on her lips before cooking again.

 

“Can you prepare the table while I finish cooking?” he asked smiling at her.

 

Jisoo nodded.

It’s her kitchen but he is still doing all the cooking..

What a husband material!

 

She was smiling to herself as she finished preparing the table.

 

“It smells good..” she said as she hugged him from behind.

 

Taehyung chuckled.

Is she talking about him or the food?

 

“I don’t know which one I should try first..” said Jisoo burying her nose against his back.

 

How can he smell so good even after working all day?

He smells just like.. a delicious meal..

 

O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter