IX. Chat

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IRENE'S POV

I was cleaning our old stuffs when suddenly an old photo fell on the floor. I picked it up. It was our first photo together. Lisa being the beautiful dork she was; held me closely for our first selfie. I felt shy that moment, I couldn't focus on the camera, I was focus on her face. That day I could never forget how many times I reminded her that she's pretty. But she returned the compliments as well. She didn't want to lose so she kept complimenting me too.

It all started with the sns; Joy and Yerim suggested me to be part of. I was so killjoy, I didn't have sns so they created one and put all of my informations. They either wanted me to do hook ups or just date from various dating sites. To tell honestly no one interests me. No man could live up my standards. They were teasing me that I'd be an old maid if I didn't do something about it. They even suggested that I should get laid since I was already getting old. I never had a boyfriend. I was just a hopeless romantic but when someone courts me, I just couldn't stand it all.
I wasn't very fond of sns, I seldom text. Well I only call people if there's something important to say.

We were at the cafe when Joy and Yerim were like kids as they cackled.

"Unnie, these evil maknaes are up for something." Wendy complained since they did not involve her 'cos they know she's gonna spoil it.

"Wanda, keep you mouth shut!" Yerim yelled. "We will let you know once we are done here."

Joy stretched her phone, the camera in front of me. "Say chiz!!?" She just stolen a shot, "Good, let me save this as your display photo, unnie."

"Tadaaaaaaa!", Yerim got the phone from Joy and showed it to us, "Now let's follow hottie men here!"

My friends were really hilarious that moment. Once they had set up that dating account for me. They also followed various people. No one got my intention.

"Unnie, please at least try,okay? If you received likes and dm just entertain them. We will never know, we might find you here a boyfriend." Joy explained.

"Yah! Park Sooyoung, don't push Irene unnie, she said she isn't interested."Wendy defended me. She was just like me in all aspect. She believes that true love waits. That a person could wait even that takes forever.

"Oh well, I got an idea. How about we find Wendy unnie her own hook ups? So she won't be this pain in the ." Now this clever, Yerim suggested.

I just rolled my eyes. I am thankful enough to have these people who care about my happiness. "Guys I need to get back to work. Let's hang out next week, okay?"

"Yeah unnie, thanks for the treat. Same time, same place." Wendy got up first and took all her books from the table." I should be going also, I can't be late. My lab partner might kill me this time. Bye!" The group genius and soon to be a doctor bid goodbye. She gave me a hug.

Now these dynamic duo also gave their quick hugs and said their goodbyes. "Unnie, please be happy! We love you! Bye." Kim Yerim might be the evilest but she's the sweetest maknae.

Finally it's Joy's turn, she wiggled her brows. "Just try, please. This is not for us. It's for you so the next time we hang out, we will be five here, including your knight in shining armour." She giggled.

Now that I am back at my office. This stupid phone isn't going to stop. I don't even know how to turn the notifications off, I've been bombarded of likes and comments on my dp and some dms which I don't even know how to open. Those kids should at least taught me the basics. I tried my best to familiarize myself with the app. I scrolled down the news feed. Nothing is interesting at all. 

I tried to post something. Just for fun.

ReneJoohyun:
Does love comes along or you need to seek for it?

There were lots of comments here and likes when I open the app after going to the restroom. A lot of people answered at the same time.

Then I checked my dm corner there were too many but there is this one user caught my attention. She's a girl. But she had some sense. Well if she's this smart we can get along and I could earn my first friend here. 

LalisaM: (she sent me a screenshot of my post) hey here's my comment. I don't want to write a comment over your post cos you might not see it. There are tons of comments already.
In my personal opinion it's not like love can just find you or you can just look for it. Of course if it's right in front of you, open your door. You should be doing at least the first move to give it a go. We can't just wait something magical could happen. Sorry to ruin your hopeless romantic idea but just being honest here. 
✌️✌️✌️

ReneJoohyun: Hey! Nothing to worry, I love your opinion. So you mean to say when you have that chance then grab it?

LalisaM: exactly my point. You're really smart, don't yah? 😉

ReneJoohyun: well it depends who I am chatting with. What are you doing here? Are you looking for hook ups?
( I manage to ask this ridiculous question. Of course, she is. What else could she signed up for?)

LalisaM: maybe yes and maybe no. What about you? 🙇

ReneJoohyun: funny! Same LOL. My friends created this account. I am just new here.

LalisaM: Really? 🙉🙊🙈 Welcome to VOOMZ. Hope you get what you are looking for in this stupid app.

ReneJoohyun: same to you. By the way. How did you end up here?

LalisaM: Nah, just have nothing to do with my free time. Are you working or still studying? 😝😜

ReneJoohyun: Do I look like a student? Well right now. I need to go back to work. Yes I am working. I am actually old enough for this but I enjoy our exchange of opinions. How about you, still studying? 

LalisaM: Nope, I am an Event Photographer. But mostly jobless LOL

I hate to cut the chat but I think I'm getting so engrossed with this user. So I'll just chat her later. She is funny.

ReneJoohyun: Hey I need to go. Chat you some other time.

LalisaM: Go and earn money. No need to inform me. 🙉🙉🙉

I smiled. She uses a lot of emojis.
I focus on my work. So that I can have more time to learn about the app later on. I am wondering how can I get those emojis? I pressed the phone, I need to know how to do it. But it's really difficult. I called my secretary over the phone.

"Ms.Song, can you get here a second?" Well my secretary  is a millennial, I think she can teach me.

"Right away, boss, I mean Ms. Bae!"

The door opened and Ms.Song entered. She bowed and waited for my further instructions.

"Send me an emoji. The rabbit one."
I am still trying to figure out how can I find it on my phone or is it on the app or should I download it?

Ms. Song look confused about my instruction. I raised my left brow.
"Ms. Song, I am waiting."

She hurriedly get her phone from the pocket and sent me a rabbit emoji.
"Is there anything else, Boss?" She looked curious. Well this is the first time I ever ask something like this from her. Mostly my instructions were purely work related.

"Ahhh, I can't send it." I was really frustrated. I tried to copy the rabbit emoji so I can send it to the chat. Instead I sent a blank message.

ReneJoohyun: 

....Seen by LalisaM...
.... LalisaM is typing...

LalisaM: 👀

ReneJoohyun: I am sorry I am trying to send you something.

LalisaM: No problem.

ReneJoohyun: huhuhu I don't have emojis here.

LalisaM: 🙉 hey everybody has emojis. You're so funny. 

Yah this person is already making fun of me. Ms. Song is still waiting for my further instructions. I scratched my head and scrunched my nose. This could make me really weird in front of my secretary but I really need to know how to send it.

"Ms.Song, can you give me a hand?" She hurried to my desk. "Teach me how to send emojis in this app."
She look surprised. And of course this should be between only us. I don't want to be the gossip here in the office that I use this kind of dating app. I tried to reason out to her but I know she know that I am feeling so embarrassed already.
"This

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter