X.

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I did not put any title just X to represent many things, I will try to reveal as much as possible. This chapter is extra meaningful to me. Thank you so much for reading...

Flashback.... 2012

JENNIE'S POV

Few weeks ago, my parents introduced me to my fiance. The guy is not so bad at all but I don't really see him interested in getting married anytime soon. We were at the same boat right now. But we agreed to get to know each one another first. He asked me out for a date that's why I ended up here in Hongdae. He's 40 minutes late.

I enjoyed my time alone, not so sure if Kai ditched me already or whatnot. I remember how my best friend and I try a lot of foods here that we both got food poisoned. Lisa acted tough that day. She was more worried for me than for herself. 

Remembering highschool days

The nurse was almost done checking my dextrose. She had been scolding Lisa several times for coming back and forth in my bed. She made a lot of excused just to be able to check if I am alright now. 

The nurse wrote something on the clip board then faced Lisa with an arched brow. The 7th time she scolded her. "Miss Manoban, I understand you are worried with your girlfriend, but you need to get some rest as well. Your guardian will be here soon."

I saw how Lisa blushed, but she did not budge. The curtain was not totally close but she was focus talking to the nurse. She pouted like a poor puppy. I am trying to keep myself from bursting into laugh. She's so hard headed. I already told her I am feeling alright. Her condition looked worst than mine.

"I'm sorry, I just felt responsible for all of this. If I did not invite her then this won't happen." She confessed to the nurse.

The nurse felt soft for Lisa. "Ms. Manoban, I understand that your intention is to have a good date with your girlfriend, it was an accident and no one is blaming you. Ms. Kim is getting better and you should also so that you can go home together,okay?"

Lisa didn't correct the nurse. Everyone thought that we're girlfriends and just had a simple date at Hongdae. 

The idea is not bad, she is my best friend of course if it's to keep her single so those boys and girls can finally stop bugging her. She has a lot of suitors and good thing she is not interested in getting into a relationship. Not yet, everyone is too young, I guess. I already asked her if she likes girls, she said NO. I felt relieved at the same time sad. I thought one of these days she will say yes to her avid suitor, Hanbin. I just heard from Seulgi that Hanbin got basted. Lisa deserves someone better than him. I always pray that she'll find a perfect boyfriend but not too soon. We are fine being singles, so I hate the idea or just to imagine Lisa having a boyfriend. Her time is already divided, she has dance troupe. The reason we got out today is because she is trying to make it up with me. I am not mad we ended up at the hospital. I enjoy knowing how concerned Lisa about me.

The nurse let her in, beds here are separated by curtain. She stayed in a different room. She looked so tired. 

I recalled at the Hongdae street when we were roaming around Lisa and I tried various street foods. I then felt dizzy and vomited so Lisa rushed me at the nearest hospital. Her face was really panic stricken. I told the nurses at the emergency room to check Lisa as well because she was vomiting too before we got here. Even she's sick she still look beautiful in my eyes. As she passed through the curtain she then smiled brightly and all giddy upon she seeing me on my bed.

"Nini! The nurse said you are feeling better now." She jumped on my bed. 
"I was worried sick. I told them I am okay but they still put me this."
She had a dextrose as well and I could see some blood on the host, probably because she moves a lot.

"You are not okay,Lili. We both got food poisoned, stop worrying about me and think of yourself for once."

"I am strong, I'm good Nini. Next time I won't invite you to Hongdae."

So no more dates with Lisa. I wanted to argue and to beg that she'll take that back. But I kept a straight face instead. "Oh, yes you will be busy, right?" I am kinda disappointed we wont be going out because of this incident.

"Yeah, but what I meant, we won't eat street foods at Hongdae.We will still go out but not in Hongdae. After this bad experience, I will not let this ever happen to you again. We can go to malls, amusement parks, there are lots of places to visit." She pointed out.

My heart felt so warm. I believe in Lisa's promise, that is why I am looking forward to it. She is just busy with dance troupe but other than that she does makes time for me. She never fails to make me special. That's why for me, she is always more than enough. I don't know in the future if we both get our family or whoever gets married first. Right now, right here only Lisa is the most important person to me.

Actually, Lisa see my life too perfect. I never tell her anything going on with my family. She is also close with my mom and sisters. I am afraid she will judge my family if she knew how mess  my family is. I know she will understand why I'm keeping those things but I'm not ready yet. My parents decided to separate but its not official yet. I pray they can still work it out.

The reason that I don't believe in love, nothing is permanent in the world.
The only constant is change. I am so terrified if one day Lisa would change. I don't know how would I ever deal with it. I just can't. When she joined the dance troupe, I became paranoid. I always told her that she changed and she does not have time anymore. The thing is she manages her time between extra curricular, academics and me. It's just me being a cry baby about everything and seeking for more attention.

Lisa is always my girl crush. I always that she is in love with me that's why she cannot accept other person's love. She just laughs at me whenever I . We both know we are straight. She is also the only reason that I did not get into a relationship in highschool. I am looking for certain qualities mostly qualities Lisa has. But looking for a boy version. My standard is basically too high. If only Lisa likes girls but I never see any hints she likes girls. She's actually aloof. She is trying to avoid those girls from seniors who are constantly hitting on her. I also have set of suitors but they back off whenever they see Lisa. People are crazy thinking we are a couple, we just shrug it off.

 

***


I was alerted by a loud honk!
"Hey, watch where you are walking. Move aside." The irritated taxi driver yelled at me. I was zoning out. I checked my phone, Kai already texted me, he can't meet me tonight.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter