VIII. We Were Happy

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LISA'S POV

Time flies so fast. It has been 2 months after Kai accident and finally he has woke up and he will be going home very soon. Jennie texted me right away about this good news.

She said the doctor is still checking him and doing some assessment. Of course Joohyun and I will be paying them a visit.

"Good morning my sweetest pea!" 
I tried to wake Irene up so that we can have our breakfast together.

"Honey, please stop bouncing. I feel so dizzy." Joohyun complained.

"Get up, we need to hurry Kai is awake. Jennie just texted me."

Joohyun blinked her eyes twice. "Really? Wow that's good news." She stretched like a cat and hopped out from the bed. 
"What's for breakfast?"

"Bacon and egg with toasted bread."

"Oh let's go right now." She excitedly pulled me from the bed the moment she got up.

"Honey, Seulgi told me she will go with us so she could visit Jennie as well. I hope this time she will really make it. Jennie has not seen her for decades."

"Is Wendy coming?" Joohyun asked me.

"I don't think so. I haven't heard from our friends."

"I will just text them. We need to meet them and get back on track. We haven't hang out with them these past 2 months."She suggested.

"Yeah, I know. I am really sorry. I was busy dropping by at the hospital to check Jennie and the kids as well. Don't worry we will throw a party for them." I promised.

We got at the hospital a little late since Joohyun suggested to bring some desserts. When I was about to knock the door I heard a man shouting inside the room. A voice not familiar with me. It's probably Kai?

"Leave me alone! I don't need your pity!" the man shouted.

"Love, I am not pitying you. You are my husband I am here for you through whatever." Jennie's voice was breaking. 

Joohyun and I looked at each other. We heard a sound of shattered glass. I decided to open the door, I could not stand it anymore. I heard Jennie's crying.

"Nini, what's going on?" I asked. I looked at Kai, he's really awake now and he looked so furious. I went straight to Jennie and help her to get up. She had a cut on her left leg.

"Oh, Lili. I just went out of balance. I fell." She was frightened and I knew she was lying. It seemed she was pushed so hard that she suddenly fell.

"I don't think so,Nini. You are not the clumsy type here." I pointed out.

Joohyun was stuck at the door. Processing the situation when Kai noticed her. Kai composed himself.

"Miss Bae, what are you doing here?", He seemed quizzical why on earth Joohyun was in the doorway. They were never that close.

"I am with Lisa, Jennie's best friend. How are you doing Mr.Kim?" Joohyun asked formally.

"I don't know. I am invalid. I can't feel my legs Miss Bae. Must be the car accident impact."

"Oh, but you are going to have your therapy, right?" Joohyun replied.

Kai looked at Jennie first before answering Joohyun.
"Jen, can you leave us for a moment. Let me speak with Miss Bae."

"Sure," she nodded and went outside the room, Joohyun just stared at her worriedly. While I followed Jennie. 

Outside the room. I don't know how to talk to Jennie, "Nini," I broke the silence between us. "I will get some first aid lets clean up your wound. Just stay here, okay?"

She just nodded. Why do I felt this way? Something was bothering me. Were they fighting? What happened between them? Why Kai was being an ?

As I returned with the borrowed first aid kit from the nurse's station. I knelt down to check Jennie's wound. It's not really serious but its a long cut so I need to clean it up. And make the bleeding stop. She was sniffing. I could sense that she is about to cry.
I was right about it. She began to break down and cry like a cry baby. She tried to hold it in.

"Nini?" I almost whispered. I looked up and saw how sad her eyes. She did cry a lot. Like she had been keeping all the pain inside her chest and finally she was letting it all out. I couldn't remember seeing her this broken. She did cry a lot of times but not like this. She hugged me tight and even cried harder. All I could do was to pat her back. We were like that for several minutes. I did my best to console her. I was melting on her hug. It was just right to hug her as well so that she would know that I won't let go of her. She buried her face on my chest seeking for security. She felt safe around me so I wrapped her into a tight hug.


SEULGI'S POV

I was just on time when Irene unnie got out from the room. I was about to call her but she seemed to be pre-occupied looking at the other side of the hallway. I'm still at the hall way from the elevator. She walked slowly and carefully. I wondered what was she looking at so I also looked at the same direction. It's Lisa comforting Jennie. There's first aid kit at the floor and I could see that Jennie got a wound. I looked again to Irene unnie. She seemed too hurt. Was she being jealous? I waited before I went closer to her. I also observed Lisa and Jennie. This brought me old memories from highschool. Lisa was Jennie's saviour, she's the knight in shining armour who always rescued Jennie in whatever situation she was stuck with. People thought normally, while I didn't, I am gay since the day I was born but Lisa was not gay back then or she was just a confused gay that time. Was she? They were really look cute together. But no one dares to tease them knowing they were straight and they were just best of friends. But other people managed to match them because they really looked a cute couple.

Lisa wiped Jennie's tears. And the latter slowly recovering from crying. 
Irene unnie's face was unreadable. She recognized me and approached me instantly. Like she was really thankful that I was there on a good timing.

"Hey Bear, you are late." 

"Unnie, what happened here?" 

"It was long story. I think Kai is having his bad days and released his anger with Jennie." She dragged me away from the scene.

"Oh, that's why she's a crying mess, but why does she has a wound?"

"We will ask them later. Let's go." She continued  to drag me away and not letting me to ask more questions. 

"Hey, where are we going? Aren't we going to talk to them?"

She looked at them." We could talk to them later. Let's just grab some coffee."

We went outside and go to the nearby convenience store.

"Unnie, is something bothering you right now?"

"Uhm, why do you suddenly ask?"

"You seemed not your usual savage self." She glared at me.

"Do you want ice cream?" She changed the topic.

"Well I love ice cream but you are not answering my question, unnie."

"What do you think of Jennie and Lisa?" She blurted out.

"What?" I also asked her because I am not sure of what she was exactly asking me.

"You knew them since high school right?" She was anxious to hear my answer.

"Yes."

"Do you think they like each other back then or are they something else?" She looked uncomfortable to ask me that question.

"You mean more than friends?" I laughed about it. "Of course they are best friends."

"Is it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter