XXXII. Ambush

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Our Chief Inspector asked everyone to unwind for a night. He will be moving to another location. He is one of those superiors that I admire in the field, clean slate, no record of corruption. It saddens me that he will be moving but I wish him well. I don't know who's gonna replace him. I am just hoping someone like him will be assigned to our department.

"Officer Yoo, cheers to our hard work!" Our chief inspector raised his glass. We were inside a pub and the set of music playing on our background are so bop. 

Everyone is getting so wasted. I enjoy myself as well. I could not remember when was the last time I had so much drink. 

With regards to our on going investigation, I guess they stop doing any moves. Lisa got back to her normal life. She's doing great, she set up her new studio. Everything is normal. I smiled, at last I have nothing to worry anymore.

I felt like going to the rest room so I excused myself. But before I even stand up. Somebody is shooting us from different direction. A nonstop gun shootings. I look to all direction but I can't see anyone firing the gun. It must be from a distant area. We all ducked down. We took out our guns to aim as well but we were like blinds shooting on the air right we can't see who are our enemies. 

The chief inspector signalled me to move left and check 45 degrees direction. I obliged. Some of my team fell down. I was not even sure if they're still alive. Three heavenly armoured men got inside the pub shooting us. My other team mates took care the two while the chief inspector killed the other one. But the shooting from nowhere still continues.I tried to search again then bingo, I saw the person on the other side of building. He's a sharpshooter. I am sure that with our distance before my bullet reach him, he'll be able to kill me first. Let's see who's gonna be lucky tonight.

"Sir, he's on that building. Buy me some time I am going to cross the street. It's impossible to shoot from here." I asked for permission

"No, not you Officer Yoo, I can't afford to lose a good officer, let's wait for the back up. Our pistols are no use with the calibres they have."

"Sir, we all gonna die here until the back up arrives. Just buy me some time. I just need to get enough distance to kill that ."

"Okay, Go! I got your back." Our chief inspector exchanges fire with the sharpshooter. I run as fast as I can to cross the street discreetly. I can't still find a proper distance to shoot him.

"Bull, I'll just go up there!" I yell into frustration. 
People from the building run outside in panic. I used the elevator and go up to 11th floor. I head straight to the roof top. That man is still on his position shooting below my team. I aim to shoot him. I just heard a gun shoot, not mine, I have not pulled the trigger yet. It instantly kills him. I look around and see a familiar figure. She's all in black once again and with a mask. I don't think she noticed my presence. So I hide from the corner. She walks closer to the dead person and check his belongings. She grabs his phone and shove it inside her pocket.

I walk slowly,still on guard. "Drop your gun," I said

She just laughed, "It's you once again." She said.

"Who are you and why are you always popping around? Drop your gun."

"What else can you do?" She said sarcastically. "You're not supposed to be here, they are coming for your friend."

I don't know if I should believe her or not. I am not even sure if she's on our good side or an enemy. I pulled the trigger just in case she would try to escape. This time I promise to really shoot her leg. And she moved.
She swiftly kicked my gun and pulled me close, she twisted my arm and lifted me up on air. I just realized she threw me. So she's good in one on one combat. I quickly got back on my feet and kicked her leg so she would lose her balance. I am now on top of her throwing punches. "Who are you? What do you want?" I swore, whoever behind this mask would surely look awful.

"This is not your business. You are always blocking our way." She spatted  and pushed me aside. I received a hard kick on my stomach and another one on my back. Two masked woman figured came into the scene. They were pulling her away from me.

"That's enough let's go. Police's back ups are coming" the other person shouted.

"Goodness, are you going to kill her?" The girl said.

"She was about to shoot me, that's self defense. I rather go kill her if she's being a threat." She reasoned out.

The three shadows run to the edge of building they first checked if their harnesses were secured , they jumped off. That's really hell crazy. How could they jumped off the building? I tried to follow them but they're already gotten on the other building. They were removing their harnesses. I saw one of them looked at my direction but I could not see her face clearly since she wore a mask. I am so sure she was the one who I encountered 2 weeks back.

What did she mean I am late? My eyes widen realizing that she might be referring to Lisa. I dialled Lisa's number. 

"Where are you at?" I asked Lisa right away when she picked up my call.

"I am going to fetch, Joohyun? Why do  you sound like there's trouble going on?"  She commented.

"Send me your exact location I'll accompany you." I hurried and left the building. I got in my car and sped up to the location Lisa texted me. 
And called Bambam and asked for back up. He offered to inform Jackson and they would be on their way.

After 15 minutes I saw Lisa's car. She's also speeding up. They were two black sedans tailing her car. I tried to catch up with them.

LISA'S POV

  It's odd there are two black sedans tailing me since earlier. I thought they just want to overtake. They are trying to sandwich my car. Then I saw Jeongyeon calling.

Incoming call Whinny Kid

"Where are you at?" She sounded in hurry.

"I am going to fetch, Joohyun? Why do  you sound like there's trouble going on?" 

"Send me your exact location I'll accompany you."  I tried to send her my gps location. I am really having hard time to type, I have these two black sendan following me.

I tried to call to Seulgi. She is not picking up. Come on Bear, please answer. Seulgi and Wendy are also meeting us. They wanted to start planning their wedding since the engagement was already announced. They need to get Joohyun and go somewhere safe.

I have this bad feeling that these are the same people who attacked me at the hotel. I thought they'd already stop.

Incoming call Mi JooHoney ❤️...

"Hon, where are you? I am already outside the building."

"Hon, you need to listen to me carefully. You need to go to Seulgi. Don't wait for me. I will be late today."

"Is there a heavy traffic?"

"I will be just late but I promise I will meet you guys later, okay?" I said calmly.

One of the black sedan bumped the back of my car. I dropped my phone.

"Honey, what was that sound? Are you alright? Honey? Honey why are you not talking?"

I could not reach my phone, it was under the shotgun seat. Joohyun might be worried. I just yelled.

"Honey, the line is really bad, I couldn't hear you. I'll call you back. I love you, I love you so much. See you later okay? And please eat a lot. Send my best regards to Bear and Wannie, just apologized that I'll be late."

I focus now on the road. Another bumped on my right side. They already catch up. We were in the super highway and the vehicles are really speeding up.

I looked at the rear mirror. The other one was tailing behind. I also bumped the car on my right side and sped up. My goodness I never went up to 160 kph. I didn't care anymore if there will be a traffic enforcer. I just needed t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter