V. My Girlfriend's Best friend

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LISA'S POV

I did not go to work. I need to support Jennie during hard times. She doesn't have to text me or to let me know. After I dropped Joohyun at her company I went straight to the hospital.

Her husband was moved to a private room that was her last update. I already asked the nurses for the room number. I knocked but no one answered. The door was slightly open. The woman inside is not Jennie. She might not heard my knocks. Her eyes are swollen from crying and she look so worried. She might be his sister. Kai's head is wrapped with bandage. He's still not waking up after the surgery. Jennie informed me that her husband might not woke up anytime soon. He is in coma. I really felt bad for Jennie and her kids.

"Excuse me, have you seen Jennie?" she immediately wiped her tears away. She seemed a bit guilty for crying or just embarrassed.

"She get some stuff from the house, that was the nurse said when I asked who is with him. She left without anyone looking after him"
She answered with a bit of irritation. Oh her sister in law must be upset about her brother being left alone in the hospital. I took out my handkerchief and offered it to her.

"Here take this."

She looked up, even her eyes are swollen from crying she is quite a visual herself. But she doesn't look like her brother .

"Thank you. Are you Jennie's friend?"

"Yes, I am. I did not bother to text her. I thought she will be around. My name is Lisa." I extended my hand for a proper introduction and she accepted it.

"I am Krystal. Kai's friend. I was not able to go here, yesterday since the news just broke today." So she's not an immediate family member but a friend of his.

"I am so sorry to hear that. But let just hope for the best. I believe he is a strong guy and he will surpass this for his love ones."

"He should. I need to go back to work. Just don't tell Jennie that I drop by. I don't want to bother her. We are not really close." She instructed me.
"And please don't leave Kai alone." 
I nodded in agreement.

"I understood. Okay I will just stay here until Jennie arrived."

It was odd that she wanted me not to let Jennie know about her visit. But I was not in any position to pry whatever her deal with Jennie. They were might not close even she's her husband's friend. A very close friend somehow. 

It was already lunch time when Jennie arrived at the hospital. She was accompanied by an old woman.

"Hey Lili what brings you here?" She asked. "By the way she is Kai's mother. Mom this is Lisa my long lost best friend."

"Hi dear, thank you for accompanying my son. Why I didn't see you on their wedding?" 

"Yeah I was really far from home. I just returned." I casually replied.

"Jennie dear, it is already lunch I think your best friend must be hungry so go and have lunch with her. Afterwards please go home and take some rest. I cannot stand it if you too get sick." The old woman said with concern. I am really glad that her mother in law is kind to her. Jennie really has gotten herself into a perfect marriage.

"Mom, it's okay. I can come back here after having lunch."

"Please don't argue with me. Don't give me a head ache, Jen. You two go now." She shooed us.

"Okay, Mom. Please update me if there are any developments."She kissed her good bye then went to kiss her husband as well.

"Jennie, you take care, okay?"

"Yes, mom bye."

We took our lunch at the nearby pizza parlor. She seemed to be really hungry. She was not even talking to me. I looked at her amusedly. How can she managed to pull herself together? Her husband was still in coma. I thought Jennie was trying to conceal her real feelings.

"Nini, are you alright? When was the last time you ate meal?"

She paused, "to be honest the last time I ate a decent meal was yesterday when I did the cooking for our breakfast before we went for a family picnic. If it were not for your doughnuts last night I may not have enough energy to go on." She said sadly

"You know Kai's mom is right. You really need to take care of yourself and you are not allowed to get sick in times like this."

"I am okay, Lili. Stop worrying."

"You are not. Stop holding your feelings in. You can talk about it."

"Look Lili, I am really okay. I am just worried sick with my kids asking about their dad. How should I explain the situation to those kids. I cannot break their hearts."

"Eventually the kids will know about their dad's state. They have the right to know about it." I said pointedly.

"I know and I am trying to do it as gentle as I can."

I hugged Jennie,"I will be right here. You are not alone in this." I assured her. 

Jennie decided to go with me as I picked Joohyun from work. She wanted to hang out and forget her current problem. But I strictly told her that we wont be drinking any alcoholic drinks since Joohyun needed to sleep early.

It was really pleasant to see both Joohyun and Jennie were getting along. They mostly talked about beauty care and products. They could talk all day long about those stuffs.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter