XI. My Princess

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

In the first few chapters we all know that Lisa had this feelings for Jennie but she kept it. To give justice to Jenlisa shippers of course the feelings are mutual. But there were too young and afraid of judgment. You know how this cruel world see same relationship right? Anyway in connection with the previous chapter this is mostly Lisa's flashback from high school until she met Irene. 

LISA'S POV

Just finished our practice. Seulgi still bragging about her new pets. I helped her get the kittens the other day. I envy her actually, my mom is allergic with pet's fur so we cannot adopt one.

I am pulling some of my books from the locker when Hanbin and his friends came.

"Hey, sweetheart. Did you like the chocolate I sent you?" Seulgi almost got choked. She realized the chocolate I gave her during our water break was from Hanbin.

"Oh, by the way thanks but I haven't eaten any yet." I looked at Seulgi and fighting back my laughter.

"Lisa, when are you going to return my love? I've been courting you since your freshman." Yeah this poor Hanbin is courting me over 2 years.
I already rejected him but he keeps coming back.

"And I've been brutally honest about you since day one that you are not my type and I highly prioritized my studies than getting a love life."

"You're so mean, Lisa! You will regret this. You won't find any better guy out there. You are so full of yourself. You are not the most pretty woman here in the campus." Hanbin walked out like a cry baby. Now Seulgi clapped like she just witnessed a movie scene.

"You basted, Hanbin just like now? You are unbelievable, Monkey! Don't you find him attractive?"

"Not that cry baby. Not a chance, Bear" her eyes sparked.

"Do you like girls; like I like them?" Her eyes got wide or she was trying so hard to make it wide.

"What? Hell no, I don't like girls, Bear. It is just that I am busy to be in any relationship. Not ready for any responsibilities."

She scratched her head, "Are you really that busy? Jennie occupied most of your time. You always decline our members invitation 'cos you rather go with Jennie doing that weird star gazing." She sulked.

Her reactions was really priceless,
"Come on, bear. You know Jennie, she's like a princess she gets whatever she wants. And she's my best friend it's normal that I love to spend more time with her than to drink and be wasted with the members."

"You got a point there. But sometimes I wonder, if you and Jennie, are really just best friends? I am gay since birth, Monkey and I swear I can smell the two of you, especially Jennie. Can't you see how jealous she was when you introduced me to her? Even when you joined the club." She was faking a gun shot in her head right now. 

"Seulgi, Jennie is straight and she got a lot of boy crushes here in the campus. She is just too picky and can't say yes to anyone yet."

"So you are cool if Jennie got a boyfriend?" She scowled.

"Of course, I will always support her. If someone can makes her happy then I will be rooting for that guy."

"Okay, fine, I believe you right now. She is just really your best friend. I just read your actions wrongly."

"Let's go, Jennie will get mad and again it will be you, my reason."

"Hey stop using me as your shield. I can't go with you guys at the mall. I will walk Rosè home." She shyly confessed.

"Rosè as in my seatmate in Math?" I can't believe Seulgi had a gut to court that transfer student.

"Yes, Park Chaeyoung, I have to go too. And please don't tell Jennie yet. You might jinx and blew my chance today."

"I don't believe you can walk her home or even talk to her. You can't even look at her in the eyes when we met her at the cafeteria yesterday." I .

"Just watch me. She will be my girlfriend real soon." She challenged.

"Do you want me to bet?" Her ego was bruised for sure.

"Fine! Next week if she isn't my girlfriend yet then I treat you and Jennie whatever you want. Happy?"

"Shoot! Good luck Bear. See you tomorrow."

My smile got wider as I reached the the hallway. My princess is waiting for me. She smiled back at me.

"Hey, where's Seulgi?" She asked. 

"She is not coming. Someone got her attention."

"Oh, Hyeri just told me about Hanbin." She smiled.

"Why do I sensed that you feel so victorious about how I basted him today?"

"Because he is not worth it, Lisa. We will find you a more good looking boyfriend. Someone not as arrogant like him." She promised

"Oh when did you became a match maker, Nini? I will only date a guy with your approval of course."

"Good!" She pulled me and we both went out from the school." Whatever makes Jennie happy makes me happy as well, that's my motto. And if there is really a good guy out there that will win Jennie's approval why not try?

Dating isn't really my thing, I rather study or just hang out with Jennie.
Seulgi was right. Jennie occupied most of my time and for me it's just okay and normal.

Since I met her my life turned differently. I became the most happy person in the world. It's actually a privileged to become her best friend. I admire her whole being, from head to toe. She's perfect so is her family. She has sister name Jisoo and I also became close with her.

A lot of students got jealous of Jennie's popularity. She is ing Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, of course, you can't expect less from her. 

There was this one event at school. Jennie was really winning at the votes for Queen B. She was fighting close with Nancy another popular girl from different section, but that girl played really dirty.

She was planning something big on the coronation night. Good thing Seulgi got me heads up because she heard from Nancy's friends  that they were plotting something. She had an upset stomach that she locked herself at the rest room for several hours. She recorded everything. And send the file to me. So we met up to discussed it.

"Lisa are you sure, you can do this? The seniors and cheer dancers are backing up Nancy's plan. You are popular but you might be their next target if you exposed this." She was really scared to report it to our teachers.

"Seul, listen to me, they are about to sabotage Jennie's coronation, what else do you expect should I'll be doing? I will protect her by all means. Please you need to help me." I begged her.

"No, I cant,"she was firmed. "What about you? Yes Jennie is my friend but so are you. I don't want you to get involved here. Let it slide this time. The seniors are graduating once they are done with this one then they won't touch Jennie anymore but if you are doing something against them, it could be worst, Lisa."

"Should I threatened Nancy,instead?"
I asked.

"We cannot touch that ." She was thinking thoroughly, "We need to come up for a plan like we are never aware with their plans. First if ever Jennie won they are going to spill that ice bucket above the stage to embarrass her. Second the votes are being manipulated so she will surely lose. Whatever it is, surely it will be scandalous and she will be embarrassed at the stage because they were plotting something more I just didn't hear all of it since they went outside the restroom."

"So what should we do?" I desperately asked her.

"You need to steal the limelight, are you up for the embarrassment, Lalisa?" 

I gulped, "of course, anything for Jennie"

We were now on a stand by mode. Seulgi and I exchanged text messages. Just awaiting for the moment they annou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter