XIII. You're Interesting

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


PRESENT TIME

KRYSTAL'S POV

Kai becoming more moody day by day I wonder how his wife manages to stay with him. I did try to be by his side. But he is very prideful and does not want anyone to help him. 

One incident, I came to the hospital. Kai was throwing everything his hands can hold. It was only me around. I could not help it but cry. It broke my heart into pieces that the man I love became like that. I don't know him anymore.

Lisa came to rescue me. It wasn't our first encounter. She was always around whenever I needed someone to save me. Well we became friends. I know she's my former boss girlfriend but it's purely friendship.

She never judged me. She did not even ask me what was really my relationship with Kai. 

As a thank you. I asked her to have a lunch. We are set to meet up today.

"Hi, sorry for being late. I waited for Jennie. She accompanied her husband during for therapy session. So why aren't you visiting him?"

"I can't stand his attitude, Lisa. You saw it with your own eyes."

Her sadness is visible in her eyes.
"Poor, Jennie. She is trying her best to help him. He is not even cooperating."

I sighed. "Lisa, how long had you known Jennie?"

"We are best friends since 12."

Why do I feel something is going on with them? The way Jennie looked at her and care for her. I know Lisa is likeable and actually lovable no one can resists this woman. Does Irene see it as well? Is she okay with it? 

"I see, you must be really close with her huh? Isn't your girlfriend complaining? You spend most of your time at the hospital. Isn't it getting yourself too involved?"

She paused and thought of what I just said. "Joohyun is fine, she understood."

I held her hands, "Lisa, Miss Bae, probably being just supportive girlfriend and too trusting but with whatever you are doing, you might be also hurting her unconsciously."

She fell silent. "You are right, Krystal. How stupid of me for not realizing that."

"You need to set bounderies. "You may also be invading their family's privacy. You know Kai is getting too annoying, right?"

We ordered our foods. And talked some more. Well that was not our last meet up. We do eat out together if we're both at the hospital. Sometimes seeing Kai is only my alibi. I really just wanted to hang out with Lisa. I just enjoy being around her. She gives me this fresh vibe feeling that I am free to live and do whatever I wanted to do in life.

WENDY'S POV 

I got transferred here at Gangnam Hospital for my internship. It's actually my 6th week. Seulgi and I got a misunderstanding. We already talked it out and we promised to work out our relationship. We are still starting, so yeah just give it a chance. 

I am sure this time that it's Lisa coming out from the room. I saw her several times at the lobby talking to this woman and they were really close. 

"Who's admitted here?" I asked one of the nurses at the station to get me the patient record. 

"Kim Jongin, car accident."

I read the file.
Why am I not aware of this? Does Irene unnie, knows that Lisa always at the hospital?

I hurriedly punched Irene unnie's number.

"Hi Wanda, how are you doing?"

"Hey, unnie. I'm good thanks for asking. What about you and Lisa?"

"We are good, Wanda." Irene sounded unsure.

"Are you hiding something from me, unnie?"

"Look, we are okay. Nothing to worry about. You know how loyal, Lisa is."

"Just now I am quite unsure. I am actually transferred here in Gangnam Hospital and I think someone is hitting on you girlfriend, unnie"

Irene unnie laughed, "If it's Jennie you are talking about then you must be mistaken. They are best friends, Seulgi also know her. Her husband is admitted there due to car accident. Believe me I already got jealous for nothing."

"Are you sure? I will ask Seulgi about this."

"I am 100% positive. Lisa can never cheat on me." She proudly said.

After talking with Irene, unnie. Not being convinced enough I called Seulgi. " Who the hell is Jennie Kim?"

Seulgi obviously surprised by my question. "Why do you ask?"

"Just tell me, who she is."

"She's Lisa's best friend I already mention her before when your friends asked me about Lisa."

"Oh God, I can't even remember that.
If ever you had free time please pick me up here in Gangnam Hospital."

"Okay, babe, I'll pick you up later" she ended the call.

Was that Jennie Kim, she was talking before? I couldn't wait for Seulgi's explanation. I swear to all Gods, if Lisa's cheating on Irene's unnie then she would pay for this.

Seulgi came around 6pm, just in time my shift ended. She kissed me on the cheek and gave me a bouquet of fresh lilies. Of course, I appreciate her efforts in making this relationship work but this is not about us.

"Hey, babe!" She hugged me. "Come on, Let's go." 

A woman approached us." Seulgi? What are you doing here?" She asked excitedly.

Seulgi smiled upon knowing the person, " Oh, Hi, Jen. How are you doing?"

"Are you going home now? I just arrived" Seulgi helped her with the fruit baskets she was carrying.

"Let me help you, by the way, this is Wendy, my girlfriend, Wendy this is Jennie, Lisa's best friend and a dear friend of mine as well" my brow arched.

"Hi nice meeting you, but Lisa never mentioned you to us. She's my best friend's girlfriend and we hang out mostly weekends." I put emphasis to the word "girlfriend". Then I noticed Seulgi's reaction was beyond unreadable. Why would she reacted that way?

"Babe, it's actually a very long story. But Lisa and Jennie are really best of friends. They knew each other before Lisa met me." She defended this woman.

"Are you Lisa or Jennie? I am not asking you, Seulgi."

Jennie got awkward. I know I was bit so straight forward.

"Babe, we need to go." Seulgi guided me. She talked to Jennie some more and said her good bye. "Jen, I am so sorry. I'll just talk to you some other time. If you see, Lisa tell her, I was looking for her. You take care, bye."

"Sure, you take care as well, Bear."

That hit me so she's also calling Seulgi, Bear? 

Inside the car as Seulgi settled, "What is wrong with you, babe? How can you be rude to my friend?" 

"Are you seriously asking me that, Seulgi? Something is wrong here. Irene unnie and Lisa have not showing at the hang out place and sometimes unnie is alone. Is she the reason why Lisa cannot hang out with us?" Seulgi took a deep breathe.

"Jennie is really important to Lisa, to me as well. She is just being supportive. And if you're asking me if Irene unnie is aware of it, Yes. She actually visits the hospital and eats lunch with Lisa and Jennie."

"Have unnie gone crazy? Why is she hanging out around them?"

"Because Jennie is also her friend now. Please don't misinterpret it, okay?"

"And who's the other woman Lisa, constantly talking? It is the first time I see this Jennie and she isn't that woman. The latter is taller and also beautiful." Seulgi snapped.

"Other woman?" Her curiosity was evident to her reaction.

"I never seen, Jennie with Lisa at the hospital. It's the other woman I kept seeing that is why I got suspicious."

"That Babe, I am not aware of. Lisa got a lot of explaining to do. Aish, that Monkey never mentioned anyone and she rarely talks to anyone unless with her trusted friends, you know her."

"I don't know if I still know the same, Lisa" I sighed. "Someone could get hurt in the future, you better talk to your best friend."

"I know you're worried for Irene  unnie. Lisa isn't that stupid. She loves your best friend and hurting her will be the last thing she can ever do to her." She assured me.

LISA'S POV

"So, can you please tell me what are we celebrating today?" I giggled, the club was really crowded. Not really my thing but I thought Krystal really needed a company for the night.

Krystal became somehow close to me. She's genuinely kind and sometimes brutally honest about her thoughts. 

"Cheers to my freedom and to our friendship, Lis" she raised the glass. I was surprised when Krystal invited me to grab some drinks tonight. Since I don't have work tonight and tomorrow, I decided to have this moment to unwind.

"Yes, cheers to that, Krys!" I followed her and raised the bottle.

We drunk like there will be no tomorrow. Was she really that happy? But now Krystal's crying. I was getting so confused. I thought we are going to celebrate her happiness? This woman is quite a puzzle to me. Surprisingly my alcohol tolerance is really high. 

"Lisa, thank you, thank you, thank you." She repeated, I know the alcohol already kicked in.

"For what?"

"For the friendship and for making me realize my worth. If it weren't for you I may still continue living as someone's shadow." She cried so hard this time. I didn't know she's experiencing su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter