LIII. Attitude

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let me finish this business. Why are your men incapable of doing one simple job?" The old man yelled over the phone that made the girl in front of her flinched. "Did she already spill out everything?" His brows furrowed. 
"That's a disappointment. I don't know if I can trust your agency. He hung up and let out a deep sigh. It made him frustrated already. He never likes it when things don't go as he wanted. He trusted the Director, his an old colleague but he's just too disappointed.

For the girl in front of her, she was summoned by her grand father for a very important meeting with regards to the company turn over. The head of Myoui Clan wanted to retire already. Now that her grand daughter is ready to take over the company. He wanted to tone down a bit from business and politics. He wanted to spend his old age in Japan and leave everything to his most trusted grand daughter Mina.

"I'm sorry about that," he apologised.

"Mind telling me what was that about, grandpa?"

"As you know, Rosè captured Xin Xai."

Hearing the name of Xin Xai made her fists automatically tightened and turned into ball. Her teeth gritted and her orbs darkened. She's now contemplating of a way on how she'll  gonna kill Xin Xai. She was grateful that her friend, Rosè also known Agent Hawk finally caught that evil Chinese. 

"But someone help Xin Xai escaped despite she's totally locked down.  I have talk to the NIS Director and they are doing their best to get her back and see who's helping her."

"What? How could that be possible if the place is locked down in the first place?" She got surprised and pissed off. She wondered if Rosè knew about this as well and if there's a possibility that Director Nam is betraying his grandfather. She's confused and mad about it.

"Someone hacked NIS system even the back up cctvs don't have any record of the infiltrations." The old man was massaging his temple.

"They are a bunch of incompetent agents. I'll do it grandpa." She volunteered. Of course that exclude both Agent Hawk and Agent Moon. If there was any mission they failed that would be there last one. Something just turned unexpected. She also messed up because she let her emotion drove her. She went ahead without asking her team first. That's how worried she was for Lisa and it was driving her crazy to let her go inside that abandoned building. Nevertheless she didn't regret her impulsive actions. She would still choose to save her.

"No, that is too risky. I won't allow you to get hurt or just got a single scratch."

"For God's sake grandpa, just let me do it! I'll finish what they started." She was so done with all the running in circles.

"Don't be stubborn, my dear Minari, I'll take care of it."

"Clearly someone out there is stabbing your back." 

"I guess you are right. Let me talk to my other friends and I promise this time I won't let those people out of hook."

"By the way why did you ask me this early? I supposed to accompany Chance at the hospital."

"About that. This is to inform you that effective next week you'll gonna start to go to work. Your office is ready and all the stuff you need. I already called for a meeting so the board of Directors will formally meet you."

"But grandpa, is it too early?"

"Oh my dear Minari, you can't make me wait any longer we already agreed on this, remember?"

"Okay, I understand but please give me until the the end of the month  other than other agendas I need to finish I also wanted to stay beside Chance. Her recovery is really progressing."

"That's wonderful. Okay I let you do whatever you must settle first. By the way have you and Chance talked about your future?"

She suddenly blushed and became flustered. "Our future?"

"Minari, it is obvious that you like her what is taking you too long? Are you gonna wait for her to recover all her memories before telling how you really feel for her?"

"No need to tell her what I really feel, she's already my girlfriend, grandpa."

The old man almost got choked hearing the news. "Did you threaten Chance? Goodness Minari don't play a game that you can't win. Perhaps if she knew she'll consider it. She seems to like you too. It's better to confess sooner before it's too late."

That made her think. Should she listen to her grandpa? Her dad also told her the same thing. But she's afraid being rejected. If she does not stand a chance with her while she has not recovered her memories yet how much more if she remembered everything? She's scared to lose her. She knew Chance like her a lot, but never in a romantic way. Their kiss could tell too many things. She's the only one who experienced butterflies on her stomach while Chance got so shocked and started to panic. It terrified her seeing that kind of reaction. She couldn't win fairly so she'll play on her own terms where losing is not an option. She's a Myoui, she will always be. Chance should fall for her soon enough.


  ***

Inside Myoui's Mansion the servants got panic due to a continuous gun shooting. Someone broke inside the house despite the tight security.  Chance heard the commotion and was about to follow the sound. 

A man in full mask wearing all black aimed his gun to Chance. He'll make sure his job will be finished tonight.

"Dr. John? Sharon? Where are you? Are you guys okay?" Unknown to Chance the danger she was in, she continued calling the Myouis. She reached for her blind stick helplessly and Stanley was barking harshly. 

" Rrrrrrrgh, arf, arf, arf" She could sensed that the dog sounded so stress out.

"Stanley, hey buddy calm down." She commanded.

The dog attacked the man and the next thing Chance heard was the dog crying in pain and a loud bang. She flinched. She got scared. She called out the dog but no response. "Stanley, Stanley, buddy, where are you?" She had an idea that someone shoot her dog. The fear grew more in her heart, she's helpless and defenseless. She cried so hard and she recalled something. Something exactly like this when she was crying so bad and hearing multiple shots around her. 
Out of no where she shouted a name. 

"Jeongyeon!" 

She was like being drawn to her past feeling so much agony. She remembered how Jeongyeon took all the bullets for her. And how her childhood buddy died on her arms.

"Jeongyeon! No, no, no this is not real. Jeongyeon! She's not dead." She tried to shut her eyes trying to get away from remembering that painful incident. She crawled, her vision was kinda blurry but she's able to spot the dog. She could see but it's not that clear. She cried so hard seeing the dead dog lying on the floor with blood pool.

"Stanley, get up please. You can't die because of me too. I can't lose you buddy." She heard footsteps moving towards her and she looked up. It's a man in full mask. Even she couldn't see him clearly she knew for a fact that this person is about to kill her.
"Who sent you?" She managed to ask despite being frightened.

The guy just smirked, "You're supposed to be dead." His voice was hoarse. But before he could even shoot her. Another gun shot was heard inside the mansion and the bullet went straight to his head. He dropped dead on the floor and Chance got even shocked. Another person got inside her room and evidently worried for her. He threw his gun away feeling disgusted that he ever used it. She could not stop her tears, she's somehow thankful even she's not too sure who's this man  could be. It's the first time she ever saw him but she knew his voice.

"Chance," Dr. Myoui gently held her so she could stand on her feet. He looked to the lying dog as well. "Poor Stanley." 

"Dr. John," she broke down and cried. "They are back, those people who are trying to kill me. They also killed my friend, Jeongyeon. I remember it. They are hideous." She was having panic attack.

"Shhhh, Chance please breathe. No one's gonna hurt you for as long as you are under my care. Sharon and Dad, we will keep you safe."

"I am so terrified,Doctor, why? Why they are trying to kill me? What did I ever do to them?" She felt hopeless because she still does not totally remember everything but bits of it are slowly coming back.

Dr. Myoui  knew exactly what was going on with Chance. He knew that the girl was getting too overwhelmed with the fragment of memories she remembered. He was happy at the same time hurt seeing Chance suffering like this. He also noticed that her eyes responded. He thought Chance might probably got her vision back but not too sure if it's fully recovered. He wanted her to rest and he'll deal with the police. He asked the butler to call the police and report this incident.

Police responded and cleared the area. Dr. Myoui got interviewed for the initial report and plainly said that the guy was a burglar. Chance stayed out from the investigation. The man's body was already removed and the servant also took Stanley away from the room and burry him at the garden.

Sharon rushed to Chance's room as the news broke. She saw that the woman she loves the most was staring blankly in no particular direction.
She did not even notice that she was with her. She touched her face but she remained stoic. She understood that her girlfriend was in shock state. She hugged her tight.

"Chance, please come back to us. Can't you hear me? Don't be like this. You've been through a lot but you are so brave to carry on. You can always do it, Chance. Set yourself free from your past. If remembering your past is too painful for you then forget about it. Just forget everything and create new memories with us. Let's move forward, Chance. Let's go somewhere where no one can follow us. I am offering you a new life. I don't want you to be scared of anything. I will be by your side for always. I promise you that I'll take care of you no matter what." She caressed her face and tucked her in bed. She was planning to stay and sleep with her.  She could not bear to see Chance like this. 

"I promise to kill them myself, Chance."

She was not so sure how long should she be waiting before Chance overcame this state yet she's not giving up easily. She would wait for her no matter what. She still have  more time before she starts going to work. She will spend the entire week with her. Even it would be difficult for her.

She stayed by her side the entire week. Ensuring that Chance will be better before she left for work since her life won't be the same again once she started to go to the company as what she and her grandfathered agreed upon.

   ***

BACK IN KOREA, 

"What brings you here Roseanne?" Bambam was not expecting any visitors today. He's in the hospital bed with two agents serve as his watchers. If it weren't for his condition he might be detained inside the cell.

"How are you doing,Bambam?"

"Cut the crap out, I just asked you what brings you here?" He wasn't please seeing the agent. He still felt betrayed by her.

"Are you still mad at me? I can't blame you. I am here to apologise. And you're right I should have listened to you right then."

His facial expression changed abruptly and he sat properly on his bed. "Are you here to tell me that she eloped? Damn that piece of ! I promise to kill her myself when I got out of here."

"Bam please, don't do anything against the law. You must clear your name and go back to service. If you like I am going to help you. If you badly wanted justice for your friends then we'll get it the right way."

"I just can't go back and pretend I am trusting the system, Roseanne. Everyone is my enemy."

"Do you consider me as your enemy as well?" He did not response. "Here is your release papers, think about it thoroughly and read the terms. I am giving you the chance you needed, Bam. Just think it through." 

She left the room without waiting for his answer. She knew for her to win this battle she needed to work with so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter