XXXV. It's Over Now

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 days earlier...

JENNIE'S POV

I went to Lisa's studio yesterday. We did talk about my divorce and discussed also about my on going medication. It's the first time she kissed me back. We shared a real kiss and I feel so frenzy until now.

Her assurance is more than enough. It's finally over with me and Kai. 
I drop the signed documents in Jisoo's office.

"You made the wisest decision my dear Mandeuk. I am so proud of you. Everything's gonna be alright. Just trust us." Jisoo said.

"Yes, I trust you and Lili. Just tell Kai to distance himself to me and I will arrange with Atty. Lee about his visitation for the kids."

"Loud and clear sissy, I'll make sure he will get this docs." 

"By the way I decided to take your place in attending the Paris Convention. That's if you don't mind me doing it."

"Whoa, that was too sudden, but I don't mind. I still have plenty of things to do here in the company. Take some time to enjoy before you your d-day."

"You seem very excited that I have taken the doctor's advise. I'm kinda nervous actually. But I know you and Lili will keep visiting me and that's enough."

"She sure is. I won't promise  anything you know how busy I am here."

"That's okay, by the way my flight will be after lunch. everything has been taken care off the baby sitter is in the house already."

"Nothing to worry, I'll check the kids from time to time too. Just enjoy your time there."

"I will surely do." I gave her my gummy smile.

"Something is fishy. Tell me Mandeuk why  did you change your mind instantly? You don't really like to get involved in our family business that's why you just choose to run the bakeshop, right?" She looked at me suspiciously.

"It's a top secret, Chu."

"Is she going to Paris?" I did not answer.

"Ya!! Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, how can you keep a secret to the most supportive sister you have. I am Jenlisa number one fan." I giggled with Chu's silliness. "Spill the tea, Mandeuk! I am all ears.."

"I want to surprise her, Chu. She mentioned she'll be working out of the country. I don't want to pry but I called Seulgi and she happened to spill everything without being suspicious."

"What a clever plan. So you will follow her in Paris? Will she be okay with that?"

"Lisa is fine, we are on the same page now. She will wait for my return from the facility. Once I am totally okay. I'll make sure I will claim what's really mine.

"What about Irene? Do you think she will just let you take Lisa away from her?"

"I am not worried about her she's the least I should be worrying of. For now I am focus on getting well so I can have Lili back"

"That's the spirit Mandeuk! Just send my best regards to Limario. I'll gonna take these signed documents to your future ex hubby." She teased.

"Thanks, Chu. I love you super."

"I love you more, Mandeuk."

KAI'S POV

"What brought you here Jisoo?" I asked her. Even she's Jennie's sister she's total opposite of her. But she's always hostile when it comes to me. She never likes me for her sister and that's understandable.

"I won't take much of your time, Jongin. I just came all the way here to give you these signed papers."

I open the envelop, it's the divorce papers duly signed by Jennie, now she's my official ex wife. I am totally free. I smiled widely. "Thanks for this." I put back the papers inside the envelop and keep it on the drawer.

"Just tell Jennie thanks."

"Oh by the way, Jennie does not want to talk to you and hear anything from you that's why she sent me here. You will only have specific days of visitation with the kids as agreed upon. Don't you dare do anything beyond according to the agreement or else I'll be the one whom gonna deal with you."

I gulped, Jisoo's words are really poisonous and threatening. I should take note of those, I don't want to upset Kim Jisoo, she has the ability to ruin me if she's going to be true to her words. I can't mess up with Jennie's older sister. "You have nothing to worry, Jisoo. I'll keep my word."

"I just hope so, because I don't think you're man enough to do it." She left my office like she does not really wanted to stay any longer.

KRYSTAL'S POV

Lisa wanted to meet up, she asked me to pick her up from the studio. Well I'm glad she asked for meet up, she seldom visits me due to her new business. So I parked nearby the studio and just waited outside. 

"Have you been waiting there for too long?" She asked.

"Not really, let's go to Chris Garden." I suggested this cool cafe in Hongdae.

"Sure!" 

"I think you're loving your new business now,Lis. How's Lily?"

"Business is just business, Kryst. About my baby, ahm... Lily's developing her naughty attitude. I don't know but she's growing like a moody cat. Like a cat version of Joohyun."

"Lis, that's crazy, do you think she take after Irene?"

"Probably, they most hang out since I go home late."

"I'll visit her one of these days. I actually bought cat toys from my recent business trip."

"Really? Lily is really getting spoiled from you and Joohyun huh. Anyway I'll be going in a photo exhibit also working in a project in Paris, I'll leave tonight. Do you happen to have something in mind that you want me get for you?"

I almost stop the car, "Are you serious? You're getting me something that I want?" I could not look at her since my eyes were focus on the road.

"You heard me right. Just say it. This is just a one time deal. I'll be back in two days and I will entrust you something as well."

"Oh, Lis, you are hyping me up. I want the latest Celine Collection."

"Got it, Celine Collection for Lily's favourite person." she tapped something on her phone, so she really mean it that she put a reminder.

"By the way, what are you gonna entrust me?"

"I'll buy an engagement ring there. Since Seulgi and Wendy already announced their engagement I'll need to wait for the perfect time to propose to Joohyun." She explained.

Surprisingly it didn't make me jealous. I am actually happy that she thought of discussing this with me.
"Wow, so you are going to tie the knot soon?" 

"Yes, and you're the first one I ever let to know about this. I am doubtful Seulgi can keep it by herself, once she said it to Wendy then it spread out to the entire circle. So I decided to keep them blind temporarily."

"OMG, Lis, Irene will be very excited the moment you propose with her she would instantly say yes to you!"

"Yeah, I know she's been waiting for me to propose. It is just that I wanted everything to be perfect."

We arrived at Chris Garden  and had our orders.

She zoned out, and have not eaten the cup cakes she ordered. On our ride she was all hyped about her proposal plan. I wonder what she's thinking.

"Is something wrong, Lis?"

"I kissed Jennie back." She blurted out. She's been staring to the cup cakes and then poked it. "I know it was stupid but I kissed her back, she went at the studio, yesterday and I don't know how to assure her.

I smacked her head real hard. "Ouch!" She reacted, and I gave her another smack, "oh, Kryst that one really hurts."

"You stupid, Monkey! What were you thinking?" Good thing there are no customers yet around because I can barely control my temper. I wanted to twist Lisa's neck until she would come to her senses. "Is this why you are going to propose to her? To give her assurance? What if she figured out that you did something wrong? Irene is really smart, I wont be working for her in the past if she is not, though"

"I know, I am sorry. That's why I am trying to correct my mistake."

"You can't correct something for covering it, Lis. She needs to know the truth. I know Jennie would initiate something to trap you in a situation like this. She's really a brat but I did not expect you to kiss her back. That will shatter Irene. Oh my goodness. You're in a big trouble" 

"Please, listen to me first. Jisoo and I made a deal. We need to ensure Jennie will go to rehab and undergone to the necessary process. I don't have any way to assure her. 
I don't want to tell her another lie.
She wanted me to wait for her to get well thinking when everything is well we can be finally together. I am the only one who can encourage her to have her treatment. I can't let Jisoo down. She's really counting on me."

"What you did is worst than lying, Lis. You gave her something she will forever hold on. It's like giving her hope that it's possible to be with her when you know you can't and you already decided to be with Irene." I pulled my hair in frustration. "My goodness, I never thought you will act so reckless. I didn't understand myself as well why I even love you in the first place. You're really dead this time. I don't know what Irene can do with you and Jennie if she found out. It's better to tell her right away" I face palmed.

"I'm so sorry, yes, you're right I am stupid. So you regret loving me now? Am I gonna lose a good friend too?" Her head was hang low, she felt really guilty. I held both of her hands. She's shaking and terrified with the possible outcome of her actions.

"No, Lis, you won't lose me. But I just felt being betrayed as well. I let you go because I know you can never be mine. I trusted you that you will be always loyal to Irene and you won't fall to any temptations. I just couldn't accept that Jennie made you cheat on Irene, even your intentions are good basically the consequences will be hard for the three of you. You should have also thought of the adjacent issues."

"Kryst, I badly need your help. How can I explain this to Joohyun?"

"Hmm, for sure she will understand if you will explain to her everything. But I am not sure how would she reacts. It's not just a kiss since you kiss back though." I pointed out.

We were too engrossed with our conversation that we didn't mind other customers getting inside the cafe. When someone grabbed Lisa by her collar. 

"Is she the reason?" Kai asked furiously.

Oh my God, why is he even here too? I tried to pull him away from Lisa but his grip was too tight on her collar. Lisa just smirked as if she's enjoying how frustrated Kai is.

"Kai, let her go. What are you doing?"

"Tell me, are you seeing Jennie's best friend behind my back even before we broke up?"

"What's wrong with you if I am seeing her? Lisa and I are friends."

"I don't think so, I saw how you look at her. It's the way you used to look at me. For sakes, why Kryst? You replace me with a woman. This is a big insult to me." He whined.

"What are you saying? Have you gone crazy? I said let her go!" I begged

"How could you do this to me? It's me who should be asking that to you. If you crack your head and became crazy. She can never do the things I can do for you. She can't give you the satisfaction I can give you. How can the two of you can even make love? It's disgusting. I can't let you to be with someone like her. Such a waste."

I had enough of Kai's accusation, I raised my hand and slapped him.
He let go of Lisa's collar. She just fixed her clothes and scowled at Kai.
He looked at me then to Lisa.
"You are disgusted on me because you think I am with a woman? Is that how low you think of me? I guess so because I am just your . Even you come to me from time to time at the end of the day you still needed to go back to your wife back then. I am actually more disgusted to myself being with a kind of man like you." 
I embraced myself, I was shaking due to too much irritation of him.

He tried to touch my face and his on the verge of crying."I've been looking  for you, Kryst, to tell you that I am free now. Jennie signed the divorce papers and we don't have to hide anymore. We can now love freely, Kryst."

So now that Jennie finally signed the papers he thought everything between us will be fixed just like that.
Lisa glanced at him, she probably expected that to happen. 

"Don't be too cocky if you think you can have Krystal back after wasting her love. You as a husband to Jennie and as a lover to Krystal." She snapped. "Stop manipulating women and man up."

"Who the hell are you? You're just a piece of trying to steal my woman. As if you can stand a chance. You'll never do the things a man can do. You-"

Lisa was about to counter him but I had enough of their debate who's better or not. "Didn't you remember the last time I ask for a favour? I told you it's over for us and I don't want to see you ever again. Can't you keep at least one promise, Kai?"

He kneeled down, "Please, I am begging, give me another chance. I'll change, I'll be a better man. Let me love you again, Kryst." He held my hand and I removed it from him.

"You just insulted my whole being and Lisa as well. But the thing is its you who's a great jok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter