Breaking up

The one and only Drama Queen ♥

That afternoon, I headed to rehearsel happily, assuming that my tiff with Minwoo would blow over. As I walked by the vending machines on the way to the auditorium, Kim Hyuna ran smack into me.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" she scolded. "Oh Mihyo, It's you." 

"Yeah, it's me." I said while fixing my hair. I rolled my eyes. Out of all the people in this school, why do I have to bump into her?

"So, did you have fun eating lunch with your boyfriend? Oh wait, I mean your bestfriend."  she said with a sarcastic voice.

"I'm really sorry Hyuna, I can't talk right now. Have rehearsel to attend to." I gave her a fake smile and walked away.

"I heard there's something going on with your boyfriend and that new girl."

I stopped my footstep upon listening to her words and turned around.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Oh you know, something like..romance?" she said while examining her red finger-nails. There's a slight smile on her face.

I scoffed.  There's no where I'm going to believe her little rumors.

"You know," she continued, "Someone told me that they saw Minwoo and Soori went to the movies together. Oh, they also said that Minwoo even went to Soori's house a couple of times already."

I clenched my fist. I can feel that my eyes are getting teary but I try to control myself. "That can't be true. Minwoo wouldn't do that to me. Besides, even if it was true, they were probably just wanted to have more time to practice together."

Hyuna chuckled. "Han Mihyo.. When will you stop denying the reality?" she smirked. Then she turned around and walked away. But before she dissapeared to the corner of the hallway, with her voice that's loud enough for me to hear, she warned me something, "If I were you, I would be extra careful with that Soori girl."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of the cast was already onstage by the time I made it to the auditorium. There was no sign of Hyemi and Mr.Hwang yet, so the volume was so loud as everyone chatted or ran lines. We were supposed to be off book in a week, but some people were still having trouble. 

Luckily, I spotted Minwoo.

"Hi, babe." I said. Hyuna's words were still echoing in my mind but I tried to shoved it away. I wanted to hold Minwoo's hand and hug him, just like I normally do. To my shock, he shied away.

"Uh, Mihyo, we need to talk." he said. I can hear that the chattering in the room reduced. And all eyes are on me. 

"Sure," I said. "What about?"

He glanced at Soori. She nodded encouragingly.

What was going on? Since when did my boyfriend need permission from Soori to talk to me?

"Let's talk somewhere else." he said. I just nodded.

We went to this desserted hallway outside of the auditorium. I look at him inquiringly, but he was silent.

"What did you want to say to me?" I finally speaked.

Minwoo's cleared his throat, "Mihyo, I..I think we should see other people."

"What are you talking about?" 

"I..I'm sorry Mihyo. It just happened. It's over." he said while rubbing the back of his neck.

My jaw dropped. My brain slowly digest every words that he just said.

"You.. you breaking up with me? For Soori?" I replied. No, it wasn't a question. It's the answer.

"I'm sorry." is all that he said.  And just by that, he walked away.

What could I say to that? I just nod, unable to speak over the lump of my throat. Minwoo rushed back to the rehearsel. To his new love, I thought bitterly.

I waited until he was out of sight to burst into tears. I made a run for the refuge of the bathroom. Thankfully, it was empty. I leaned myself to the wall and cried my tears out. I never felt this kind of pain before.

Maybe Hyuna was right. The reality has been right in front of my face the whole time. It was my fault for didn't stop Minwoo from falling in love with Soori. And everybody knows about this except me.

It was because I  kept denying it.

After a few minutes of deep breathing, I finally calmed myself and splashed cold water on my face. 

I was numb as I walked back to the rehearsel. I hadn't seen it coming, me, the girl who had been so carefully traversed the dangerous world of high school clique. I can feel that people are all staring at me. I think the news about our breakup has spread.

Haemi rushed up to me as I reentered the auditorium. "Hey, I just heard about what happened. Minwoo is a complete moron to break up with you for Soori!"

"Yes, he is." I replied. "But I'm an even bigger one for trusting him in the first place."

"Why don't you skip rehearsel today? Everyone would understand." she said.

I plastered a bitter smile on my face, "There's no way I'm giving Kim Soori that satisfaction."

Haemi just smiled at me. But I can see from her eyes that she feel sad for me too.

I tried to cheer up so everyone would see that I'm not one of those kind of girls who cried for a month after a breakup. I walked over to Dongwoon. "Well, what are you waiting for? Let's get this over with." I snapped.

He looked at me sympathetically, which made me want to punch him.

"What's your problem?" I said. I was being a total to him and it wasn't even his fault. I couldn't seem to help myself.

But Dongwoon didn't respond to my nasty behaviour. Instead, he flipped open his playbook and gave me my prompt.

Other than I have to face Minwoo and see him happily practiced with his new girlfriend, the rehearsel went well. Some of my friends said to me or texted me to stay strong but some of them seem pleased seeing me got dumped.

Dongwoon and Haemi gave me a ride home and I went straight to bed without eating my dinner. My mom didn't bother me because she understand that  I want to be alone.

So there I was, laying on my bed while staring at the empty ceiling. Then I took out my phone and started to read all of my old conversations with Minwoo. Minwoo always send me a good morning and a good night message. But I just realized that he didn't do that anymore since Soori came to our school.

My tears burst out when I looked at all the pictures of me and him inside my phone. And without me realizing it, I deleted all of his photos one by one. But my hand stopped as I saw a picture of us smiling happily together at a theme park. It was taken 3 months ago when we celebrated our 2 years anniversary.

My hot tears falling down my cheeks non-stop as I flashbacked our memories together.

Then, with my teary eyes and broken heart, I went off to dreamland.