Planning revenge

The one and only Drama Queen ♥

I thought the breakup was the worst of it. That I couldn't sink any lower. That was, until I went to school on Monday and discovered that someone had snapped a photo of me at the dance and sent it to every cell phone in the school--- and posted it online.

I could have lived with a photo of me with my showing being carted off by Dongwoon. But, the photo was of a dishevealed and bleary-eyed girl tossing her cookies to Yong Junhyung. I don't know which one was worse, the fact that I looked at my worst in the photo or I was clinging to Junhyung.

Some smart- had plastered copies all over my locker. I ripped them down and was stuffing them in the trash can when Haemi stopped me.

"I'd shred them." she advised. "Otherwise, they'll just hang them back up again."

She fished the photocopies out of the trash.

"How many of these are there?" I asked.

"Dongwoon's been taking them since he got here for swim team this morning." she said. "He called me to let me know. I tried calling you, but your call went straight to voice mail."

I grimanced. "Junhyung has been calling me all weekend. I finally shut it off."

"He has a lot of nerve." she said. "After what he did."

"He's a cretin." I said. But my mind was on Dongwoon. Why was he being so nice to me? The Dongwoon I knew would have revealed my misfortune, not tried to help me.

And who out all the kids at the dance had taken the picture? Who disliked me so much?

As the day progressed, I realized apparently the answer was, a lot of people. First, Dasom laughed in my face at english class. Then, in PE, I was the last person to be picked for softball.

By the end of the day, I was steaming mad. When I had been popular, I had never experienced so much grief from a total strangers. Maybe I had ignored a few people, it was true, but I had never been mean for the sport of it.

Outspoken, yes, y and temperamental, maybe, but I'd never gone out of my way to be cruel. Was that what it was like for the normal kids? If so, I was glad I'd been popular.

I didn't dare to show my face in Cube Cafe. Instead, I convinced Haemi to hit Taco Bell at lunch. She didn't mind. Turned out Junhee loved Taco Bell and tagged along with us.

I took a sip of my soda. "So what do you guys know about Soori?" I asked, carefully casual. "Where did she come from?"

I hadn't seen her with anyone besides Minwoo. And Eunrin, Gayoon and Jiyoon were certainly friendly only because of their boyfriends. I wanted to talk to someone who knew the entire scoop about Soori.

Haemi crossed her arms. "Why do you want to know?"

"Just making conversation." I smiled at her, but she just snorted. "Junhee, don't you have english with her?"

"Yeah." he said. "She and Minwoo sit in the back and hold hands. I think she transferred from Shinil High School. You know that private school in Kangbuk?"

"Yes, I know." I said. My face beam. It was a good start.

When Junhee went to refill our sodas, Haemi turned to me. "Mihyo, it's a bad idea."

"What's a bad idea?" I said with studied innocence.

"Whatever it is you're planning." she replied. "Can't you just let it go for once?"

I looked at her. "You think I should let it go that she started seeing my boyfriend behind my back?"

"I heard that nothing happened before he broke up with you." Haemi protested. "She wouldn't even let Minwoo kiss he until he did."

"Oh, and that makes it better? She knew he had a girlfriend. She should have walked away. Period. And then to encourage him o dump me in public. That's adding insult to injury."

"First of all he didn't dump you in public. You guys had a private talk, remember? And I don't think she encouraged him." she replied.

Okay, maybe he didn't dump me in public, but I know that he and Soori had planned it and everyone in the auditorium that day already knew. So it's a same thing right?

Haemi would never go along with what I had planned. The girl had too many moral scruples. Luckily for me, I was less fastidious.

"Maybe you're right. Perhaps I should let bygones be bygones." I said, peeping over at her to see if she was faliing for it. She was. "It hurts, though."

For a second, I thought I'd oversold, but then Haemi said, "You should get to know her. She's actually very sweet."

I couldn't believe it. Even Haemi, my best friend, obviously liked Soori. I bet pretty soon, Haemi would be wearing a TEAM SOORI tee, too. "I don't know. I don't think I'm ready yet. But I'll try. For you."

"I could see if Soori would be open to a sit-down with you." Haemi offered.

I made a face, pretending I needed convincing.

"You don't have to be friends or anything." Haemi said. "But maybe you should get along for the play right?"

I nodded. 'Get along' was the last thing I had in mind, but Haemi didn't need to know that. And neither did Soori.