Ditched by Minwoo

The one and only Drama Queen ♥

"But, Mr.Hwang, you know that I should be Oh Wansun instead of Soori." It had taken me a day to corner him, but I'd finally tracked Mr.Hwang down in the front office.

"Han Mihyo, my decision is final." his voice shook a little, but his face still remain firm. "I am the director of this production."

"Of course you are." I soothed. "But it's not fair. I have been a lead in every production since freshmen year."

"And you're still a lead." He pointed out reasonably. "And Han Mihyo, don't you think it might be time for a little new blood."

"No I don't" I said. My voice was rising. "Mr.Hwang you have to give me that part." I shouted.

"Han Mihyo." he hissed. "My decision is final. And if you excuse me, I don't want you to ever bring up this topic again."

"Maybe I should just quit altogether." I said loudly.

"Go ahead." he said, but I could see a little bead of sweat form on his brow. "There are plenty of girls who would l-love to have Shin Miran role."

He was right. If I quit, he would give my part to some other girl, probably some stagestruck freshman, just to spite me. On the other hand, the guy parts were a lot harder to fill.

"Fine, I will." I said triumphantly. "But you know, Minwoo, my boyfriend, will go with me.

"Now, let's not be hasty." he said in a rather panic tone. "We can work something out. What do you want?"

I opened my mouth immediately, but he cut me short.

"I can't give you the role of Oh Wansun." He said. "It would cause way to many problems."

I pouted. No matter how long I beg, Mr.Hwang will never give me that role. But then I thought something that I knew he will demand. "What about a guaranteed lead for the spring musical?" I asked.

We shook on it and I tried not to inhale. He over-did it with the cologne. It took him a minute to thought about my demand."Okay." he said. "You got my guaranteed. You're smarter than I thought, Han Mihyo." He observed.

"That's what everyone says." I replied him with a sly smile. Then I bowed to him and walked away to attend my next class.

I was at my locker at lunchbreak, waiting not so patiently for Minwoo. It was Wednesday. We always had our lunch date together at 'In The Cube Restaurant', or we usually call it Cube Cafe for short, every Wednesday because they have a special discount for lunch. 

I was sending him a 'Where are you?' text when Kim Hyuna appeared.

"All alone?" she smirked at me. Kim Hyuna was the biggest 'gossip girl' at school, and I could tell by her smile that she was dying to reveal something.

"Just waiting for Minwoo." I said nonchalantly.

"Oh, yes, It's Wednesday." Her eyes gleamed. "Well, I wouldn't want you to be starving. I just saw Minwoo drive off with Kim Soori."

My eyes widened but then I tried my best to look not too surprised in front of her. "Oh, that's right. Minwoo had told me that they're getting a jump on memorizing lines. I must have forgotten. Silly me." I laughed. 

"Of course that's it." Hyuna said blantly. But I knew that look on her face. It was the look of a gossip hound on the trail of a juicy scent.

How dare he ditch me like that?! 

I am going to kill Minwoo when I caught up with him.

"Well, I better go now. Goodbye Hyuna." I strolled away, aware of Hyuna's beady eyes watching my every move. Fortunately, Haemi hadn't left for lunch yet. I caught up with her at her locker. 

"Let's go to Cube Cafe." I said.

"But it's Wednesday. Aren't you suppose to go with Minwoo?" She said.

I smiled at some random guy who was watching us.

"I know that." I said through gritted teeth. "Evidently, Minwoo has other plans."

"Are you okay?" She suddenly asked.

"Of course I am, why?" 

"Because you just smiled at Yong Junhyung, the guy who put his hand on your in PE class when we were freshman." she said. "You hate that guy."

It was true. I couldn't believe that I had just smiled at Yong Junhyung. The guy was a total ert. A casual smile was like an enfraved invitation to him. 

"He won't bother me." I said with confidence that I didn't feel. "He knew that I am Minwoo's girlfriend."

A fact I would remind Minwoo of as soon as I tracked him down at Cube Cafe and scoped out the situation.

Since the cafe is only a few metres away, We just walked there. But usually, Minwoo and I went there with his car.

There was no sign of him or his gorgeous costar when we walked into the restaurant.Where were they? Is it even true that Hyuna seen them leaving school together? I tried not to jump to a conclusions. Minwoo had never given me a reason not to trust him. But I wasn't stupid. Soori was beautiful, and he was spending a lot of time with her. He'd better have a good explanation.

Bora waved at us from a corner booth. "Mihyo, Haemi, over here." she said.

I didn't feel like talking to anyone, but I squarred my shoulders and called out, "We'll be right there." 

After ordering our food, me and Haemi went to Bora's table. Hyorin was there too. We'd managed to stay friends even though they wasn't into the whole popularity thingy. I knew they thought it was silly to care so much about other people thought, but they never made fun of me or trashed me behind my back.

The girls at the corner booth, however, were a different story. They were girls who dated Minwoo's friends so we hang out quite often too. But we had absolutely nothing in commom, except that we were each one-half of a power couple.

Eunrim was still Kwangmin's girlfriend, who had been a total player before Eunrim organized him into submission. He still was a bit of a player, truth be told, when Eunrim is not around. 

Sitting beside Eunrim is Jeon Jiyoon and Heo Gayoon who were also Minwoo's friend's girlfriends. Jiyoon had been dating Kim Donghyun  way before I met Minwoo while Gayoon is currently dating Minwoo's senior in footbal club, Yoon Doojoon. 

I want to say hi with them but I knew they will ask about Minwoo since I usually went here with him. So I just ignored them.

We were just eating our lunch and talked about the rehearsel when Bora suddenly started a topic about Dongwoon. "Speaking of rehearsels, how is it going with gorgeous Dongwoon?" she glanced at Haemi and shrugged. "I know he's your brother, but he is totally hot."

We all knew that Bora has a little crush on Dongwoon. He is gorgeous though, dark wavy hair, tanned skin, white teeth, who wouldn't want him?

Haemi replied, "But Mihyo and my brother have known each other forever. She's immune to his questionable charms, right, Mihyo?"

"Exactly." I said firmly. "Dongwoon is like a brother to me." 

Haemi had been burned before by so-called friends who just wanted to get closer to her brother. It was a sore topic.

Besides I didn't need any speculation going around me and him. Not when there was evidently already enough gossip about Minwoo and Soori.

I'd like to talk to him and make it clear that his profesional admiration for his leading lady was becoming fodder for gossip. I didn't realize that it was much too late for a heart-to-heart with my boyfriend.

Things were already well out of my hands.

 

____________________________________

I'd disabled the comment section for some personal reason. but I had already enable it back! hehe sorry ^^ you guys can comment now :)