Damsel in distress

The one and only Drama Queen ♥

                           Junhyung was gone a long time. I waved to Haemi, who was still happily dancing with her crush on the dance floor. At least, one of us were having fun.

It had been a mistake for me to come. I wanted to leave, but I was Haemi's ride home. I searched the crowd for Dongwoon again. If he was there, I could ask him to give Haemi a ride and leave with clear conscience. I saw him, but he was with Kwon Sohyun, a senior girl, and he looked like he was having fun. I'd tough it out a little longer.

Just as I thought for sure that he deserted me, Junhyung came back. His eyes were bright and he wore an oversized grin. That, I thought with satisfaction, is someone who appreciates the pleasure of my company. I straightened my spine.

"Sorry." he said. I just smiled. This guy is not bad after all. Did I mention that he's hot? Well, I hate to admit it, but tonight, with that tuxedo, I started to think that he could be my rebound guy.

He handed me a cup of punch and I drank it thirstily.

"Want to dance to this one?" he asked.

I nooded. It was another fast song, so what was the harm?

Back on the dance floor, Junhyung grabbed my hand a twirled me. The room spun then spun some more.

Minutes later, I was sweating profusely. We'd been dancing nonstop and more punch of cup had magically appeared in my hands.

Once, I met Minwoo's gaze and we both quickly looked away. I tried not to pay any attention, but I noticed that he and Soori only danced to the slow songs. 

Junhyung handed me another cup and I drank it quickly. I was having so much fun to stop and slow down.

Suddenly, I didn't feel so well. "It's hot in here. Isn't it hot in here?" I barely recognized the sound of my own voice. It was slow, slurred.

Junhyung grabbed my waist and held me so tight I couldn't breathe. I put my head on his chest, barely able to stand. Then he whispered to my ears, "Let's take off that dress so you won't feel hot anymore."

I could barely heard it because I feel so dizzy. He said something to his buddy and then the other guy laughed and they bumped fists.

He walked me toward the exit. I saw Jiyoon give me a long stare and then scurry off. Probably to spread gossip, I thought sleepily.

"Let's go get some fresh air." Junhyung said and hustled me outside.

We were out of the building when someone blocked our path.

"I don't think so." Dongwoon's voice came from a long way off. I looked up and his face swam into view. "Mihyo's not going anywhere with you." he grabbed my hand and gently pulled me free of Junhyung's grasp.

"I say she is." Junhyung yanked my arm and I stumbled. I felt really sick.

"Look, Junhyung, I know what you're up to. Just leave Mihyo alone and we won't have a problem." Dongwoon said.

"Why the do you care?" his voice was pugnacious. "What's she to you?"

"She's my sister's best friend." Dongwoon replied. "And she's not leaving with you."

Junhyung tugged on my arm again-- and that's when I threw up all over him. The vomit was pink and green. Funny, I didn't remember I ate something in pink.

I guess the throwing up grossed him out so much that he gave up. He strode off, cursing.

Dongwoon sighed. "What are we going to do with you, Mihyo?"

The fresh air revived me some, but I was still having trouble walking. "He put something in the punch." I slurred.

"Wow, thanks for telling, Captain obvious." Dongwoon said. "What were you doing hanging out with a guy like him anyway? I thought you hate him."

Suddenly I remembered all the lessons I learned in health class. You know, never set your drink out, never let a guy you don't know or trust get a drink for you and don't ever leave with someone that you don't know. That kind of stuff.

"No one else would talk to me." I sniffed. Tears streamed down my face. I was still having trouble walking and now I was crying too hard to see where I was going. "What about your date?" I wailed. "Poor Sohyun."

"She'll understand." he said tersely. Dongwoon threw me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. I was thankful that my dress wasn't any shorter, because that's all I needed, a picture of my underwear getting posted on some Website.

Dongwoon was strong, very strong. I clung to his back and rested my head on him. I wasn't exactly a lightweight. Don't get me wrong, my body is okay, but I wasn't a petite little thing.

He dumped me into the passanger seat of his car and took out his cell. I could tell by the grim expression on his face that he was angry. I didn't blame him. I'd managed to screw up his date with Sohyun and there was a strong possibility I might barf in his car. 

Way to go, Han Mihyo.