Soori's perfect past?

The one and only Drama Queen ♥

"Hey, mom, do you know any of the moms from Shinil High School?" I already knew the answer. Mom knew everybody.

She looked up from her computer. "Yes, I think Mr.Yoon's two girls go there. You remember Bomi, don't you?"

"Do you think you could give me her number, please? I just need to talk to her about something." I didn't know what I was looking for, but I'd know it when I saw it.

"I'll get it for you." she promised. "But why do you need it?"

"Minwoo and I broke up." I said. "And he's dating someone who just transferred from there."

"You broke up?" she jumped up. She was completely shocked. Then she wrapped her arm around me. "Honey, I'm sorry."

I tried to be nonchalant but didn't move from her embrace. "It happened a couple weeks ago. I'm over it now."

She gasped. "Weeks? Why didn't you tell me."

"You like Minwoo. You treated him like your own son. I didn't want to tell you he dumped me."

"Yes, I like Minwoo." she replied. "But, I love you."

It's amazing what those words can do for your self-esteem, even if they come from your mother.

"I love you too, mom."

"And I'm not sure I do like Minwoo anymore, if he has the bad taste to dump my daughter." she put her hands on her hips.

"It's okay if you like him, mom. He's a nice guy." and he was, most of the time. My public humiliation was not typical of Minwoo. I blamed it on a certain bad influence.

"Is there anything I can do?" mom asked.

I smiled at her. "Just see if you can get her number. That would be great." My mom and her dad worked together at the public relations agency, but Bomi lived across town and went to Shinil High.

My mom worked her magic and I had Bomi's number within days. Unfortunately, she was out of town. Or at least I thought she was. I couldn't see why else she hadn't called me.

I spent the weekend gathering information, looking for anything I could use against Soori, any indication that she was less than perfect.

Despite my best efforts, I couldn't find anything juicy I could use. She was gorgeous, participated in just the right amount of extracurriculars, and had hung out with the popular people in Shinil High.

I shut my laptop and leaned back against my pillow. It was going to be harder that I thought. How was I going to find out more about Soori? I would never ask Minwoo. Heck that, I will never talk to him again. Besides, he rarely left her side. And from the way the other guys in school looked at Soori, I couldn't really blame him.

On Monday afternoon, I was waiting for Haemi outside her art class because she asked me to go to Dongwoon's swim meet when Eunrim came up to me. "Hey, Mihyo."

"Hey." I said. "Aren't you worried that it'll rub off." I was still angry that I hadn't been invited to Minwoo's party.

She frowned. "What will rub off?"

"My complete and utter unpopularity, thanks to the dance." I replied, sudenly too tired to pretend.

"Oh, that." she shrugged. "That's nothing. It'll blow over."

"You really think so?"

"Some people at this school want to kick you when you're down. Don't you remember when that rumor floated around about me?"

I had to think about it. "You mean, back when we were freshmen?"

"Yes." she said. "You were one of the few people who didn't cough '' everytime I walked into the room."

"It's because it' wasn't true." I pointed out. "And besides,  even if it was, you were my friend."

"Still am." she smiled. "So don't worry to much about all of this, okay. It will slowly fade out. People will forget all of this someday, eventually." 

I smiled at her. She was right. Someday, people will get tired of Soori too. But that doesn't mean I will stop planning my revenge.

Eunrim left just as Haemi came out of the art classroom. She walked out with Junhee and a tall girl with weird emo hairstyle, black eye-liner and a monroe piercing. She looked familiar, but I couldn't place her.

"Hi, Mihyo." the girl said. "How's the play going?

"Good, how are you?" I smiled at her, not having any idea who she was.

We chatted about the theater for several minutes and then the girl left.

"You have no idea who that was, do you?" Haemi asked as soon as the girl was out of earshot.

"Nope." I admitted.

"Seriously, Mihyo?"

"What?"

"That's Yookyung."

I kept silence, still looked blank.

"Yookyung, you know. Hong Yookyung. She lives about a block away from you. Your moms used to hang out all the time when we were little."

"Oh, my gosh. That's her? She looked so different from middle school." The Yookyung I remembered was like the most ladiest lady I ever met. She's like a princess cause her family is so rich.

"So do you." Haemi pointed out.

I groaned. "Don't remind me. I was such a dweeb back then. Nobody even knew who I was."

"Yookyung knew who you were." she said. "And so did I. And Dongwoon."

The girl has a point.

Haemi changed the subject. "C'mon, we're going to be late. Dongwoon will kill me if I miss his meet."

"Why do you even go to your brother's meet, anyway? You hate sports." I said.

"But I love Dongwoon and he asked me to come." she said, didn't even try to hide that they got along very well.

"You are giving me massive siblings envy right now, you know."

She just smiled and we went straight to our school pool.