Disastrous party?

The one and only Drama Queen ♥

My mom never had a problem with me having my friends over, but it was a busy time at the PR firm where she worked and she'd be out of town, which was convenient. I had to come up with my own refreshments though.

Friday night arrived so quickly that I didn't have time to order from our usual hangout, Dreamland Paradise.

Who knew that catered orders required a forty-eight-hour notice?

So I ordered from a new place. I didn't know much about it, but the food is within my budget and it's not bad too. And they also promised to deliver on time.

But what's more important is, I need to look amazing. Soori is gorgeous, but not only that, she had this way of looking at a guy, like she wanted to tear off his clothes or something. I thought it was too obvious, but they seemed to like it.

It took a trip to the salon, a new dress, and some serious heels, but I look fabulous. The food had been delivered on scheduled and Haemi and I were in the living room, waiting for people to arrive.

"Don't you think we should refrigerate some of the food?" Haemi asked.

"It'll be fine." I said dismissively. I didn't want to get anything on my dress.

"But the shrimp--"

The door bell rang and I hurried to get it. There were about six drama kids standing in the door.

"C'mon in," I said. "The food is outside at the backyard"

People streamed in and I the stereo. An hour later, we had a full-fledged party on our hands. I checked my watch.

"Where's Minwoo?" I asked.

"He'll be here." Haemi said.

Then, Kim Soori walked in, and I swear that the whole room went quiet.

She had on well-worn jeans and an emerald-green halter top, along with impossibly tall high-heeled sandals that must have cost more than my monthly allowance. But she look perfect. She made every girl in the room, including me, feel overdressed.

Conversation resumed as a couple of guys approached her. Some of the girls who liked girls were hanging on her every word as well.

Minwoo arrived a few minutes later, and I was relieved to see that he seemed not to even notice Soori as he walked straight over me.

"It's about time you got here." I said and kissed his cheek.

"I had something to do." he mumbled with a nervous tone, looking at the floor.

I feel like there's something weird but I shoved those negative thought away. "Let's dance." I said and pulled him out into the backyard, where people were dancing.

A slow song came on, but Minwoo seemed distracted. He kept scanning the crowd instead of holding me close.

"Is something wrong?" I asked. "You're acting weird."

"I was just--- looking for Kwangmin." he said.

"He and Eunrim have been upstairs for almost an hour." I said drily. "Besides, since when do you need Kwangmin besides you all the time? You see him every day."

"I see you every day, too." he pointed out.

I stop breathing for a second after he said that. I pulled away from him to look him in the eye.

"Yes, but I'm your girlfriend." I said icily.

He sighed and pulled me into a hug. "Sorry, baby." he said soothingly. "You're right. Let's get some food. You haven't eat anything yet."

Soori was standing at the buffet table eating the shrimp with sensual abandon when we approached.

"How's the shrimp?" I asked.

"Delicious." she said. She her lips. "Great party."

"I'm glad you could make it." I said to her with a fake smile plastered on my face.

"I was pleasently surprise." she said with a grin on her face.

I wanted to sat something to give her the verbal smackdown she so richly desereved, but there was the sound of shattering glass coming from the kitchhen.

"Excuse me for a moment." I said and went to my kitchen.

Someone had broke two of my mother's favorite goblets. I didn't think she'd be too upset. She'd gotten them in the divorce and had shattered a couple against the fireplace already. I sighed and got out the broom.

After I'd cleaned up the mess and hidden the rest of the breakables, I went outside, but there was no sign of Minwoo. Or Soori.

The party is up until one a.m and everybody went home. I tried to call Minwoo but he didn't pick it up so I headed to bed.

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. Haemi's number flashed on the screen.

"Hello?"

"Oh god. You're alive." She said.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Haven't you heard?"

I peered blearily at the clock beside my bed. It was past noon. "Heard what?"

"Half the people at you party ended up in the emergency room last night." She said.

"Hey, but I didn't serve them." It was true. I knew people probably brought alcohol, but I didn't approve of drinking. Besides I couldn't get anyone to buy it for me.

"It wasn't booze!" she said impatiently. "It was the shrimp."

"The shrimp?"

"Food poisoning. I told you you to put it on ice. People have been texting all morning. Everybody thinks you did it deliberately."

"I just forgot to keep it cold. That's not a crime, why would they think that?"

"Because Kim Soori is one of the people who get sick. People are saying you serve tainted food to take her out of the running."

I was shocked. "I'd never do that! It was an accident. She was the one who gobbling that shrimp like there was no tomorrow."

"Well, you'd better send out an apology, and soon."

"I will, I promise." After I hung up, I drafted a quick apologetic text and sent it to everyone who'd come to the party. I felt horrible.

I felt much better a few hours later when I found out that most of the people hadn't eaten the shrimp. Haemi was overreacting, but to keep goodwill intact, I used my father's credit card to send flowers to everyone who'd ended up in the hospital. I probably should have listened to Haemi.

Yet somehow, I blamed it all on Soori. I couldn't get over the feeling that she had gotten sick just to spite me and attract attention. Huh. Drama queen.