Seeking attention

The one and only Drama Queen ♥

"Let's take a break now people." Mr.Hwang said while clapped his hand.

It was 2 days after I knew that I didn't get the female lead. I was quite mad and upset at first but I try to control it and think positively. What surprised me the most is how well Dongwoon can act. I even think that Dongwoon is better than Minwoo!

"Haemi, did you find the costumes yet ?"

"Yes, Mr.Hwang." she replied. "And they're already back from the dry cleaner."

"Good." he said. Then he turned his face to Shin Gyuwon . "Gyuwon dear, can you try one on for us ? They've been in storage and I'd like to refresh my memory."

Gyuwon got up reluctantly. The costumes must be ugly this year.

Minwoo was sitting with Soori. He said something to her in low voice and she laughed. Her laughed matched her, y and confident. What pissed me off is she had her hand on his arm and he looked like he had just been handed a winning lottery ticket.

Gyuwon came back into the room, wearing a long flowing gown. It was too tight in the bust and was an ugly green that made her look sickly.

Minwoo bent down and whispered in Soori's ear . I clenched my fist and swore them in my heart.

"Those costumes are horrible." I said it out loud, checking to see if Minwoo was paying attention.

He looked up. "Look at Gyuwon." I continued. "That dress makes her look pregnant."

There were a stunned silence before Gyuwon burst into tears and ran out from the room. Soori got up and ran after her.

"Mihyo!" Haemi whispered. "I can't believe you just said that."

I just stand there dumbfounded. I can't believe I just said that either.

"I.. I mean.."

I looked at Minwoo and hoping that he would rescue me from my own big mouth. He always save me from a situations like this. But not this time.

He was looking anywhere but at me.

Mr.Hwang was wringing his hands and looking alarmed. The other cast and crew glared at me. I feel like I just murdered someone.

"Could you just, for once, think before you open your mouth?" Dongwoon said.

At least he only thought I was an idiot. I realized what it looked like to everyone else. That I had deliberately tromped on the feelings of a girl everyone liked. Even worse, I outed her in front of a teacher.

Finally, Soori and Gyuwon came in and rehearsels continued. I prayed Mr.Hwang would forget about the whole thing. But I doubted that I would be that lucky.

Dongwoon and Haemi were the only people who would talk to me the rest of rehearsel. Even Minwoo, my own boyfriend, avoided me like I had a communicable disease.

That's when it really sank in that I would spending a lot of time with Dongwoon. We were playing romantic leads. I tried to remember if I had to kiss him onstage.

I was flipping through the script, looking for the dreaded love scene, when Mr.Hwang said the words that struck fear into my heart. " Soori dear, Minwoo, where are you ? I want my stars to spend time together and get intimately acquainted."

I swear there was a special emphasis on the way he said 'intimately'. I started forward but felt Haemi's hand on my hand. "He doesn't mean what you think he means, Mihyo. Calm down. You know everyone is just waiting for some drama to happen in the drama departmant."

I took a deep breath and looked around. It was true. All eyes were on me, waiting for a reaction. I would not give them a show. At least not yet.

I watched as Mr.Hwang led Minwoo and Soori offstage.

"Don't trust your boy alone with the lovely Soori?" Dongwoon's voice said in my ears. How had he gotten so close? And how did he know what was I thinking?

I stuck an elbow in his rib and moved away from him. "Of course I do." I growled at him.

But I wasn't telling the truth. I didn't trust Minwoo, not completely. We'd been together for two years, but I know he's not the sweet guy from the pool anymore. At least a little a little of his loyalty and affection was because I was considered as the hottest girl in class.

Most of the girls hated me, most of the guys loved me. And Minwoo like that. But from the looks in the eyes of the male student body, there was someone else who was piquing their interest. And she was new- As Dongwoon would probably put it, "fresh meat", a challenge. The x factor. The unknown.

And me? If they bothered to look through our middle-school year book, they'd see me, complete with brace face. People had short memories, and we all had our secret middle-school shames. And I am sure that Soori had it too. Unfortunate haircuts or embarrasing body functions, we had left those secret behind.

I'm not a popular, gorgeous girl. I'm just another girl who managed to lose some fat and gain a good hairdresser. No mystery there. But what if I'm still the same girl from middle-school? Would Minwoo still like me ?

Dongwoon's pesky voice broke me out of my reverie. "Come on Shin Miran-sshi. We need to rehease."

Wimpy role or not, I did need the reheasel time. I need to steal the show.

"Coming." I said, giving him a tight smile.

We started to run our lines, reading from the playbook. I was surprised that Mr.Hwang chosen not to have a table read at the first rehearsel. But more time one-on-one with Dongwoon meant that I could coach him.

But to my surprise, it turns out that he didn't need any coaching. He was good, better than Minwoo. I'd always known that there was more to him than a good-looking superjock but I'd never realized that he was into drama.

"Why didn't you audition for the lead? I mean, you are good." I asked him after we done practising.

"I am a lead." He said mildly. "Lee Haemin is a plum part."

I rolled my eyes. "I mean the main character, Ahn Jangmin." I said. "He's the one who gets Oh Wansun."

"Naah. That role didn't interest me." he replied. "And besides, Mr.Hwang asked me to audition for this part."

"When you auditioned, did you already know that I got the Shin Miran part?" I asked again.

"Yeah."

"So why did you accept it?"

There was a silence between us after I asked him that questions.

Then he clear his throat and say,"Nothing. It's just for fun."

I noticed that he was trying to avoid my gaze. Before I can ask him another question, he quickly stands up and tell me he wants to go to the restroom. I just gave him a nod.

I took a glanced at Minwoo and Soori who were busy practising at the corner of the stage. My heart ache as I saw how happy Minwoo looks around her. What so special about her? Did he forgot that he have a girlfriend?

Dongwoon came back a few minutes later and we continue our practise. I really will steal this show. No one can take away my spotlight. I will never lose to Soori.

And I won't let her win Minwoo's heart.