Not as planned

The one and only Drama Queen ♥

"What do you mean I didn't get the lead ?" I slammed my locker shut and leaned against it to glare at Haemi. It was monday after my disastrous party, and it was shaping up to be a pretty lousy one.

"Mihyo, don't be like that." she replied.

"Like what ? I'd be the best damn shrew ever. Who else could play Oh Wansun, anyway? And you know it's the only decent part in that whole misigonostic play ." I blocked out the fact that Soori had Mr.Hwang eating out of her hand during her audition.

Haemi just stayed silence.

I sighed and said, "At least tell me that Minwoo and I are playing opposite each other."

"Let's go. We're going to be late for the first rehearsel." she said, avoiding my eyes.

I stopped in my tracks. "Tell me," I commanded.

I'd be certain that I was going to be Oh Wansun. I had been involved in drama since I was a freshman. No way Mr.Hwang would give it to anyone else. Not after everything I had done for this drama department.

"Can you keep it down, people are staring." She said.

"Let them." I said but I did modify my tone. Again, she didn't replied me.

"I'll talk to Mr.Hwang." I finally said. "He'll see it my way. He always does."

"Not this time. Obviously, he really likes Soori. He treats her like she is an angel or something. And you don't want to look desperate, begging a teacher for a role right ?" she added.

Haemi knew me too well. I rubbed my temple and sighed. "So what part did I get?"

"Shin Miran." She said. She seemed to brace herself  for another explosion.

"Hmm..As long as Minwoo is Lee Haemin, I'm okay with it." I smiled.

"Er..Mihyo-"

"C'mon, We're going to be late if we don't get moving." I linked arms with her and went to the auditorium.

We were a little late, but Haemi is the stage manager and I was the lead. Nothing would happen without us.

I spotted Minwoo's brown hair as soon as I entered the auditorium. It was easy to locate him because he stood head to shoulders above the rest of the crowd. He was, as usual, surrounded by his adoring public.

"Hey, Mihyo." he said and gave my arm a friendly punch. What kind of gretting was that ? That is not how you greet your girlfriend ! It was kind of hello you give to your soccer buddy. "Did you hear the good news?" he added.

Obviously, Minwoo felt the same way I did, that the important thing was that we played as a couple.

I snuggled into him and ignored his look of discomfort. What was with him today? "I know it's not what we planned, but I think we can make the best of it."

"Yeah." He said in a puzzled tone. "You're taking it well."

"What? Taking what well ?"

That's when I noticed that Soori was standing next to him. And the script in her hand labeled OH WANSUN.

My gaze went from her to the playbook in Minwoo's hand. It said AHN JANGMIN.

I could feel my ears heating up. Mr.Hwang chose that moment to walk up and hand me my playbook. I glare at him before I took the playbook marked SHIN MIRAN.

"The ingenue role?" I sneered. "I could do that with my eyes close."

"You'll have your chance to dazzle us with your Shin Miran." Mr.Hwang replied mildly.

"Who's playing Lee Haemin if it's not Minwoo?" I said, trembling with rage. I shot an accusatory look at Haemi. Why didn't you tell me ??

I tried, she mouthed, but my attention turned to a guy who was strolling up to our little confab.

"Sorry, I'm late." Dongwoon said, smiling broadly.

I moved to Haemi's side and pasted a fake smile on my face as I talked through gritted teeth. "Your brother? Are you kidding me? You know I loathe him but you didn't bother to tell me ?"

A masculine voice responded before Haemi could. "I heard that." Dongwoon said. "But i'm afraid you're stuck with me."

I whirled around and glared at him. "You don"t even like theater. You just tried out to annoy me."

"Don't flatter yourself." he said. "Mr.Hwang asked me to audition. He thought he might have problems filling the role when it got out who was Shin Miran."

I glared at him but he strolled over the stage and plopped himself on the edge. He looked unbearably pleased with himself.

"Your brother is still a jerk." I said to Haemi.

She shrugged. "Around you, he seems to be." she admitted. "But he's a good brother to me."

I frowned. I knew we both remembered how rotten Dongwoon was to me in middle school, when I still had braces and baby fat. My middle school memory was not nice. And it's all Dongwoon's fault. But I was completely a different person now. Plus, Minwoo and I were the most popular couple and kid in junior class.

Oh, of course, lots of the junior girls thought Dongwoon was the hottest senior boy, well, he is hot, but all I saw was the guy who put a worm down my back when I was in sixth grade.

And now, the same guy is playing the romantic lead opposite me.

What a drama.