Stupid decision

The one and only Drama Queen ♥

 

On Monday morning, at rehearsal, I was practicing my part alone because Dongwoon had a meeting with his swimming team or something. That's when Soori pulled me aside.

"Look, I know you know about fat camp." she started the conversation.

I was stunned. I never thought that she'd actually voluntarily admit it.

"I know you hate me, and maybe it was kind of crappy the way Minwoo and I broke the news to you."

I raised an eyebrow, "Kind of crappy?"

"Okay, it was awful," she said "I didn't mean for him to tell you like that. I'm sorry." 

"Apology accepted." I said slowly, she seemed sincere.

I was just starting to think I'd been wrong about her, but her next words changed my mind.

"Mihyo, I really like him." She said. "And it's clear that you two were over before I ever entered the picture. It's just pathetic the way you're hanging on to the past."

I was fuming. How could she said that? We were happy before she entered the picture. She was the one who stole him from me but why is she sounded like I was at fault on this matter? 

But I remained cool and just shrugged.

She stared at me in exasperation before walking away. I seemed to be getting a lot that these days.

 

That night, I posted the fat camp pictures all over our school web page. Anonymously. I made sure to post comments at every single junior and senior page I could think of. It took me half the night, but by morning, the halls of Seoul High were buzzing with new that Kim Soori, who most everyone seemed to think was perfection personified, had been fat.

My plan was working. I was sure that the image-concious crew known as the popular people would give her the cold shoulder. Minwoo might even break up with her.

I watched as she received a little taste of what I'd been experiencing the past few weeks; whispered comments, stares, and outright cold shoulders. Some people, of course, treated her just the same.

"It's working." I said gleefully to Haemi.

"What is?"

I pointed at the table where Soori and Minwoo were having lunch alone. It was as if fat (even former fat) was contagious and they were in quarantine. To my dismay, Minwoo didn't even seem to notice that there was no one else around him. He was busy staring into Soori's eyes.

"Haven't you seen the fat camp photos?" I said.

Haemi shrugged. "Sure, I have. What's with the big deal? So she needed to lose a little weight. She lost it."

"That's not the point," I said. "The point is when I sent those pictures--"

"Wait. You sent those pictures?!" She slammed down her juice box. Oh, no. Haemi had to be seriously angry to mistreat her juice. I gulped. "Since when did popularity matter so much to you that you'd be willing to trash someone else?!"

I knew she wouldn't approve, which is why I hadn't planned on telling her. She was right, I should really learn that count-to-ten-before-opening-my-mouth thing.

But Haemi was too angry to listen. "That is just so pathetic, Mihyo."

The lunch break break rang before she could finish reading me the riot act, I made my escape. I had a free period after lunch, so I decided to go to the library and check our school web page.

Wow, there were a lot of new comments. I scrolled down and was horrified to see how many of them were nasty. "Mihyo's a and we're glad Minwoo dumped her" seemed to be the general theme.

And a lot of peeple actually defending Soori.

I really started to regret doing all of this.

 

I went through the rest of the rest of the day with a smile on my face. Even Mr.Hwang yelling at me at the rehearsal didn't faze me.

I was at the vending machine during snack when I ran into Dasom, one of my biggest fan.

I faked a smile, "Hi, Dasom." I said with a forced cheerfulness.

She smiled back. "Mihyo," she said. "Have you heard the news about Soori?"

I tried to response the glee in my voice. "I think I heard something about that. Fat camp, right? I guess she's having a hard time."

"Not really. She says that everyone finding out about her fat camp is the best thing that's ever happened to her. And that she owes it all to me." she said importantly, and proudly.

"What are you talking about?" 

"Soori is going to make a contract with my mother's weightloss clinic." she replied.

"What? When did that happen?"

"When I saw those 'before' photos of her, I knew she's be perfect for the new campaign."

"Yeah, perfect." I couldn't seem to muster the thought.

Her eyes gleamed. "It's kind of ironic, isn't it? Whoever posted all of those pictures of her actually did her a favor."

"That is ironic." Dasom knew it was me, I was sure of it. Her next words confirmed my suspicions.

"Maybe that person will think twice before putting someone down because she's fat, or used to be fat."

And with that, she flounced off.