The audition and the new girl

The one and only Drama Queen ♥

The first day of my junior year was supposed to be a fabulous beginning. Mr.Hwang, the drama teacher, always held auditions the first week of school. But this year, auditions were after school on the very first day, which threw me off a little.

Our high school drama department was putting on a production of 'The starlight love,boundries of love' and I'm supposed, well , I want to be Oh Wansun while my boyfriend, Minwoo, will be the male lead, Ahn Jangmin. We were the It couple of Seoul High and we were supposed to have starring roles to match.

I was certain I was going to get the lead. The only other serious contender I have is a senior named Soonjung who was now currently busy modeling in Paris, which left the field wide open for me.

I hurried to Minwoo's locker, "Come on, we're going to be late for the auditions." and dragged him to the hall where the auditions is been held.

He was sure a thing, too. He wasn't a great actor , but he remembered his lines perfectly and always said then with enthusiasm. Plus, Mr.Hwang was no fool. He knew that everyone would buy the tickets just to see my gorgeous boyfriend onstage.

As Haemi had predicted that summer day at the pool , Minwoo was, indeed, prom king material. And that's what I loved about him, because I had every intention of being prom queen. But before that, I needed to ace the audition.

"What's your hurry, Mihyo?" he asked.

"My hurry is that I want the part, Minwoo." I said. "And you're going to help me get it. Now move!"

"Okay, okay." he said.

He walked to the auditorium at a snail's pace. I would have walked ahead of him, but I wanted to walked in on his arm.

We opened the door and were surrounded by a group of sophomores. I smiled at them regally before I shooed them away. Then Minwoo went over to talk to his buddies and I slid into an aisle seat next to Haemi. She was the stage maneger for this production.

"Aren't you nervous?" Haemi asked.

"No. I'm confident about today's audition. Besides, I don't see any serious contenders here." I said.

"uh..Okay,good luck then."

"How many people are auditioning Oh Wansun's part?" I asked her.

"Only three. The rest are going to auditioning the smaller part. They knew you will be Oh Wansun for sure. Besides, Minwoo is auditioning the male lead too, right?"

I smiled in satisfaction when I heard she said that. Nothing can seperate us.

At least that's what I thought.

A few minutes later, someone opened the door. A tall, thin girl with a silky long black hair made an entrance into the hall.

Conversation deceased.

"Who is that?" someone whispered as the girl strode confidently up the aisle.

She paused midway, "Is this where the tryouts for 'The Starlight love,boundries of love' are being held?" she suddenly spoke.

She stood close to where I was sitting so I got a good look at her. Flawless skin, perfect figure, fake eyelashes. To top of it, her school uniform is really not the one that this school gave. Her skirt is like 5 inches shorter than us! I hated her on sight.

"She looks like she just came back from the Renaissance Fair." I muttered to Haemi.

Haemi nodded. "She's gorgeous too. And look at all the cleavage she is showing."

"Fake s." I assured her. I'd never do anything like that. Besides, mom said not until I graduated from high school.

"I was told the other decent actress at this school is in Paris." she said in a carrying voice. Well, she didn't know that there's another decent actress in this school. Me!

"My name is Kim Soori. I'm auditioning for the part Oh Wansun." she continued with confidence.

I nudged to Haemi. "Hey, can she do that? Just in here and get ahead of the rest of us like that?"

"Appareantly, she can." she replied. She nodded  to Mr.Hwang, who was gushing so hard I thought his head was going to explode.

"Soori, my dear, I've heard so much about you from your acting coach." he said. "I have been waiting for you. We'd love to see you as Oh Wansun."

Over my dead body.

I had to admit she did a decent reading, but there were no surprises. It's just like any performance that you could catch at any community theater in any town.

She finished her audition to a roar of applause, entirely from the guys in the audience. Yes, including Minwoo, too. She bowed elegantly and floated down off the stage.

It's my turned to audition.

As she walked right by beside me with her nose up in the air, she said, "Try to top that.". I don't know how or why, but I was sure that she was talking to me.

Maybe it was because she was staring straight at me.

I couldn't resist the impulse. I put out my foot and tripped her. She went down in a heap, but about ten guys, including Mr.Hwang, rushed over to help her back up.

"Oops." I said sweetly. "Better watch it. Where you're going, I mean."

She glared at me as she stood up and I gave her a broad smile. Was it my fault she wasn't paying attention to where she walked?

I didn't realized until much later that Minwoo was one of the guys who had rushed to her aid.

I didn't consider Kim Soori to be much of a threat, but still, it wouldn't hurt to remind everyone who ruled the junior class, right? I nailed my audition and then cheered loudly from the audience when Minwoo did an awesome job with his. Honestly, I hadn't been expecting much, so I was pleasently surprised. He's good.

When Minwoo was about to get down from the stage, I saw him taking a quick glance at Soori, who was busy talking with some girls. A small but meaningful glance.

Afterward, I turned to Haemi.

"That went well. I think." I said.

Haemi frowned. "Not enough guys auditioned." she said. "We need Lee Haemin."

"Mr.Hwang will find someone." I said airly. "He always does."

"True." she said. "But I hope this time, he finds someone who can actually memorize his role. I'm getting tired of feeding lines to some pretty boy."

I wasn't paying attention. My mind was busy trying to figured out my own problem. Then, I snapped my fingers.

"I'm having a party this weekend." I announced.

"What's with all the sudden?" she raised an eyebrow.

"I think it would be nice to get everyone together. A little back-to-school festivity."

"And who do you plan to invite?" she said drily.

"Just the usual crowd." I said. "Everyone who tried out."

"Everyone? Even Kim Soori?" Haemi didn't even try to keep the disbelief tone from her voice.

"Everyone." I said firmly.

"Including Kim Soori."