Dongwoon's pancakes

The one and only Drama Queen ♥

"What are you doing? Don't call my mom!"

He flipped the phone open. "I'm not calling your mom. I'm calling Haemi to get her out here and help me."

"Oh." I collapsed back against my seat.

The next thing I knew, Haemi tapped on the window, and then she and Junhee, the art class hipster, slid into the backseat. She took one look at me and laid into her brother. "God, Dongwoon, what did you do to her?"

"He didn't do anything." I slurred. "Yong Junhyung spiked my punch. Dongwoon saved me."

"Actually, Jiyoon saved you." Dongwoon said. "She saw what was happening and came and told me."

"Why you?" Haemi asked what I was thinking.

"There wasn't anybody else." Dongwoon replied. I winched at the bare truth of statement. This guy is too straight-forward. "I mean, she couldn't find you and she didn't want to tell Minwoo, so she got me."

He seemed to realized that mentioning my ex's name wasn't helping me feel any better and changed the subject. "We can't take her home like this." he said, gesturing to my mascare-stained face and my horrible appearance. Plus, alcohol scent were all over my body. I looked down and paled when I realized where the wet-looking blotch on my dress probably came from. Obviously Junhyung wasn't the only one I'd thrown up on.

"She can spend the night at our house." Haemi replied, "but I'd better call her mom as soon as we get home." She remembered her companion. "Can we give Junhee a ride home first?"

I was sobering up, which was unfortunate.

"I'll talk to her." I said. "It's okay, she'll understand."

Mom didn't answer her cellphone, so I left a brief message telling her that I was spending the night at Haemi's and not to worry. I closed my eyes and the next thing I knew, we were at Haemi's.

The next morning, Haemi's voice woke me up. "Mihyo, it's after nine."

I groaned. I was disoriented and dehydrated. I was lying in Haemi's bed, wearing a pair of her pyjamas. There was a bucket on the floor next to me.

The events of the previous night came rushing back to me. "Oh, no." I moaned.

"Do you feel like eating anything? Dongwoon made breakfast."

The mention of food made my stomach churn. I felt like I'd been eating ashes or something. But I dragged myself out of bed and went to the mirror.

I looked like the main character in The Corpse Bride, paper-white pale skin with huge purple bags under my eyes. 

I stared at the mirror. This is all Kim Soori's fault, that I'd made a fool of myself at the dance. I would make her pay. I  just didn't know how.

I didn't even bother to fix my makeup or comb my hair. It's not like I need to impress anyone, anyway. Dongwoon had seen me at my worst already. 

Every step I made my head pound like it's going to explode, but I made it downstairs, even though I had to rest once I got to the bottom. I was never going to drink again, intentionally or otherwise.

"How are you feeling?" Dongwoon asked when I entered the dining room. 

"Feel like hell just ran over me with a truck." I said.

Dongwoon snorted. He was wearing jeans and a plain V-neck shirt. "You look like it, too. Are you hungry?"

"God, no." I said. "Do you have any aspirin?"

After a couple of Tylenols and a bottle of water, I felt a minuscule bit better. I watched Haemi and Dongwoon eat in silence.

"Are you sure you wouldn't like some?" Dongwoon asked. "My theory is that you should eat something sugery to cure a hangover."

"You'd know." Haemi said. "Remember when we were freshmen, Mihyo? And Dongwoon came home from that party completely wasted?"

"Who would forget that." I grinned.

Dongwoon seemed slightly embarrased when we opened his first party memory. "Well, at least I wasn't I wasn't letting a creep like Yong Junhyung maul me in front of the entire school."

I glared at him, but he ignored it.

"Besides, I'm more mature now. I've learned how to handle my alcohol."

"Yeah, right." Haemi said. "What about last year's new years eve's?" she teased.

He ignored her. "Are you sure you don't want anything to eat?"

"Maybe I could eat a little." I replied. My headache had gone away and so had the sick feeling in my stomach.

Dongwoon made another batch of pancakes and I plowed them through them.

"I was starving." I said. "Thanks."

"Do you want to hang out here today?" Haemi asked.

"No, thanks. I've got to get home." I said. "Mom's probably going to be worried about me."

But when I got home, the house was empty. There was a note on the fridge from mom saying that she'd gone to the office.

I sighed. Should I go back to Haemi's? Or maybe I should give my dad a visit.

But I was still feeling sick so I went to my room and pulled up the covers over my head and slept the rest of the day instead.

It was almost seven o'clock when I woke up, but I was completely recovered. The pancake had done the trick.

Now it's time for me to think something to pay my sweet revenge on Kim Soori.