Chapter 37

One Month Later In My Dreams

 

As I walked into the chorus room, I looked around. No one from Onew’s gang was here. I breathed out a sigh of relief.

“I told him,” I said as Elizabeth walked in.

She raised her eyebrows. “Jonghyun?”

“Yes.”

“Good.” She sighed too. “So it’s over.”

“No. It’s not over.”

Elizabeth looked at me as she slid her folder in. “Look, Sonya, I hate to break it to you, but it just looks like a circle to me. Onew’s never going to say anything about it. You have to give him up.”

“I know. But there’s still a little hope inside of me. Plus, he hasn’t given me a heartbreak like everyone else has.” My mind projected an image of Taemin. We were still really friendly, although not as close as I would have dreamed before. Still, I knew that passion was never coming back. And it was probably for the best too.

She smiled. “And it all comes down to that, huh. Sonya, just don’t push yourself too hard.” She sat herself down in her usual place on the chorus room floor.

“I’ll keep that in mind.” I my backpack strap. “I have to go give my friend something, but I’ll be right back.”

I dropped my backpack next to where she was sitting and rushed down the 9th grade hallway. Finally I found one of my friends and gave her what she had been wanting-some sort of lotion. I thanked my lucky stars that Jonghyun wasn’t there.

But then my luck ran out. Jonghyun was standing near the stairs, where the 9th grade hallway connected to the music department. “So it was you.”

I smiled as I walked past. “Good morning, Jonghyun.”

But right before I walked back into the chorus room, I looked back. At the same time, Jonghyun turned to look at me.