Chapter 13

One Month Later In My Dreams

“Sonya!” Jeanine sang out as she sat next to me in Choir.

I sighed. And then I decided to be silent. Ever since Jeanine had been sick, she never bothered to speak to me until now. And I realized now that I really appreciated the silence.

“Sonya Sonya, Sonya!” She continued. “Guess who I got on my matchmaker results? I got Onew as no. 1!”

I froze, wanting to curse so bad, excuse the bad grammar. Of course Jeanine didn’t know I liked Onew, and probably gave her the thought I detested him the way I repelled her matchmaking attempts. But seriously, insensitive much? He’s RIGHT THERE, sitting on the other side of me!

“Onew!” She started whining. “Ask Sonya why she isn’t talking to me!”

He shrugged as I tried to fight off the urge to get up and walk out of the room.

Especially to kill whoever invented the matchmaker program.

At the end of choir class, I saw Sammy, a genius in our grade. She also happened to be okay friends with me and Jeanine, since we went to the same elementary school, just not middle school. She looked pretty annoyed, but then again any time she seemed to be annoyed, like how come the world was populated with such stupid creatures.

Sometimes I wondered that too.

“You heard?” I asked as she joined me in walking down the hall.

“Absolutely.” She shook her head. “I don’t know how that girl can be inconsiderate and still get on with the rest of the world.”

“But it’s like seriously? If you really cared about the guy, you wouldn’t blurt it out while he’s right there!” I snapped.

Sammy looked at me. “She doesn’t know about Onew?”

I shook my head. The only reason why Sammy knew was that online, she was definitely a patient ear, even if she was impatient with everyone’s ignorance.

“God, you poor thing.” She patted my shoulder. “Don't worry, it'll probably all blow over anyway.”

“I hope you're right. Because right now, half of me wants to shake that girl until sense comes back to my mind, half of me wants to start crying.”