Chapter 2

One Month Later In My Dreams

 

“So, are you going to ask him?” Jeanine asked as I sat across from her in Biology class.

I shook my head. “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

A gleam went into her eye. “We’ll see about that.”

“Okay class, into the lab!” Mr. B said. “Continue yesterday’s work!”

“Did I mention that I managed to match Jonghyun and Olivia up?” Jeanine grinned triumphantly as I slipped an apron over my head. “He said that without me, he would have never had the courage to ask someone.”

“That’s great.” I put a drop of Iodine into the test tube, and watched it turn dark blue. “So, this solution is positive for starch, right?”

“Right.” Jeanine scribbled down on our data table. “Anyway, you should let me match you up with Onew!”

“In your dreams.” I glanced over. He was busy with his lab group.

As we walked back to class and started on our midterm review, Jeanine leaned over. “Hey Onew, if Sonya-”

BONK! I dropped my Biology textbook on her head. “Was that the textbook you were looking for?” I said sweetly.

While Jeanine gave me a hurt look and rubbed her head, Onew turned back to his group.

“What did you do that for?” Jeanine whined.

“To keep you from ruining my life.” At that moment the bell rang, allowing me to seek refuge in the hallways that soon filled with other students.

At the end of the day, I grabbed my choir folder to practice from at home and rushed onto the bus.

“Hey Sonya.” I turned around in my seat to see Key nod at me.

“Hey Key. Listen,” I said, resting my arm on the seat. “Are you going with anyone to Sadie Hawkins?”

He raised an eyebrow. “When is that?”

“March something? I have no idea.”

“No.” He shook his head. “Why?”

“Well, you know my friend Jeanine?”

“Yeah. She’s in my P.E. class.”

“Well, she was wondering that if she asked you to Sadie Hawkins, would you say yes?”

“Maybe.” He shrugged.

“Okay.” I turned around in my seat. He was quiet today. Usually he was busy chattering about his crew, Minho and Taemin.

Maybe his life had changed in a second, just like mine.

*

Hey guys!

Just for clarification, Onew is my bias for SHINee, so that's why I chose him :P