Chapter 25

One Month Later In My Dreams

“Hey, Sonya,” Jeanine greeted me as she sat down next to me to do test corrections.

I resisted the urge to cringe and tense. “Hey Jeanine.”

“I’m so glad I’m here. I have a lot of tests that I didn’t get good grades on. Don’t you think Mrs. Hendrickson’s tests have gotten impossible these days?”

“Really?” I looked at her, then shrugged. “Well, I guess. I used to be getting A’s so I didn’t have to do this stuff. Now I’m at B’s and C’s.”

“Yeah, I know right? I used to only miss a few questions, but now I’ll miss more than half.”

“It’s because she gives us fewer questions, so it drives down the percentage.”

We sat down and got to work. Suddenly I felt the urge to confess. “You know, I’m actually glad here for another reason.”

“Why?”

“I’m avoiding someone.”

She looked at me. “Who?”

“Jonghyun.”

“Oh, is it because he’s trying to find who gave Onew the notes?” Jeanine smiled.

“Yeah. He keeps thinking it’s me.”

“But it’s definitely not you. The answer to the post-it is A, S, and E. What kind of name has those letters in it? Not to mention, the handwriting on those notes was really neat. NO offense, but there’s no way your handwriting could be like that.”

I looked at her, then leaned over her desk. I wrote in cursive “Hello”.

“Yeah, see!” She waved her hand over my quick flourish. “Your handwriting is really casual. That one was like tight.”

I shrugged and went back to my work. If Jeanine was convinced, I wouldn’t try to change her mind.

Now that I think about it, I could use the evidence that she gave against Jonghyun.

Lovely. (hold on wait okay don’t read that like I’m saying that SARCASTICALLY. Read that like if I doing a little shrug with it-like someone told me something that I was okay with. No, not the y way, don’t even go there-yeah that’s it.)

*

BTW guys, are you bored?

OKAY if you are QUICKLY go to Exo's History music video. Exo -M. Chinese version.

There? Good, now count how many times Lu Han's hood goes up, down, up, down, up, down...

If you're looking really carefully, you will also realize where Lu Han's hood, when it's up, falls down due to a dance move, and therefore no more shifting throughout the rest of the video.

Eyes really tired now? SLEEP. Or just liten, don't bother watching.

Thank you for letting me tell you how to waste ten minutes of your life. You're welcome.