Chapter 12

One Month Later In My Dreams

As I sat down in English class, the girl in front of me turned around and smiled. “Hey Sonya.”

“Hey Jane. What’s up?”

She drummed her fingers on my desk. “Well, our class’s SGA is having a Valentine’s Day Fundraiser where we are selling flowers and notes. Will you buy some?”

“How much are they?”

“$1 for one note, $2 for a note and a flower, and $5 for three flowers and three notes,” she recited.

I blinked. 5 bucks. I could afford it. “Sure. Count me in.”

“Thanks!” She smiled and turned back around just as the teacher entered the classroom.

My mind raced. Flowers with notes?

Right at lunch, I rushed to catch up with Elizabeth and Julie.

“Hey you guys, have you heard about the fundraiser by the SGA?”

They nodded. Julie sighed. “Obviously I wouldn’t get a flower. Forever alone you know.”

“I HOPE I don’t get a flower.” Elizabeth rolled her eyes. “Especially from you know who.”

We nodded. Even though she had been single for two years now, her ex still wanted another chance. Of course, she didn’t return his feelings.

As the conversation morphed into complaints about our history teacher, my mind raced. I could send three flowers. One for Elizabeth, since she deserved one anyway, one to cheer Julie up…and one for him.

Could I be so courageous to send one to him?

“Oh, Sonya, I forgot to ask,” Elizabeth said, turning to me as we sat down at a table. “How are the dreams going?”

“Oh that.” I unpacked my lunch. “Well, I had two more over the weekend, but nothing really special. He’s just like there.”

Julie cracked a smile. “Like a stalker?”

I shoved her. “Yeah, right. I’m the one who should be stalking. He’s just being there like a classmate with his friends, that kind of stuff.”

Elizabeth nodded. “Well, we’re always here for you, Sonya.”

“I know.” I smiled. “That’s why I couldn’t have better friends than you guys.”