Chapter 26

One Month Later In My Dreams

“Now let’s go over that line one more time.” We all got ready to sing when the bell rang for study hall. FREE!!!!

I quickly put my folder into my slot and swung my backpack over my shoulder. If I was quick enough, I could snag a spot in the media center. With luck, I might even get a computer!

Sorry. I’m kinda one of those internet addicts. It’s horrible, I know. I guess it kinda helps that the school internet is restrictive.

Come on, I have to keep up with my celebrity news. What if Super Junior released a song without me knowing? Hopefully I would either be stuck in Nepal or abducted in a black hole. Cause if it’s not one of those two, I would be either over kpop (never going to happen) or my life would have become pathetic.

Something like that.

As I was rushing down the hall, Jonghyun was walking by in the same direction. As I tried to pass by him, he turned. “Oh, hey, Sonya! Wait up!”

Wouldn’t you groan on the inside too? ‘cuz that’s what I did.

I turned to him. “What?”

“So, it’s not you who wrote the note,” he said, holding up his hands. “Just wanting to clarify.” Minho somehow appeared at his side. I don’t know him very well, but man he’s some good sidekick. Does he have teleporting powers? I want those.

“No! Look, I figured it out from Jeanine,” I said, adjusting the right shoulder strap of my bag. “The person who is leaving these notes has A, S, and E in her name. And is there any name that you can think of that doesn’t contain those letters?”

“Alright so you don’t know either?”

“No.”

Minho’s face changed into a questioning look. “Wait, Sonya doesn’t have S, A, and E in it?”

Jonghyun and I both turned to stare at him. “It’s spelled S-O-N-Y-A,” I replied. “I have to go.” I whirled around in the hall.

“Hey, Sonya, no long time no see.” I turned to see Ruby wave at me.

“Oh, hey Ruby.” I smiled at my mutual friend. We used to see a lot of each other during middle school, but since high school has a lot more people in each grade and lunch shifts based on schedules, I barely saw her. “What’s up?”

“Nothing much. You heard about Jeanine’s Sadie Hawkins’s trouble, right?”

“With Key? Yeah.”

“Personally, they wouldn’t have matched up well anyway. Do you know anyone else in his gang going to Sadie Hawkins?” Of course Ruby wanted gossip.

“Well Minho is definitely going to Yalthoton High with Dara since they’re going out, and Taemin with his girlfriend.”

“Taemin has a girlfriend?” Ruby faced me with an astonished face.

I looked at her, confused. “Yeah, since like homecoming?”

“Oh, you mean Emily?” Ruby’s face relaxed. “Dude, they broke up a week before Valentine’s day.”

WHAT?????????????

“Anyway, catch you later. I have to make up an English test.” Yeah right. She was probably looking for an actually updated source. “Bye Sonya.”

“Bye Ruby.”

As she left me in the hall, I leaned against the wall. Taemin had broken my heart by choosing another, but now he was free again. If he asked me, would I say yes?

Two months ago, I would have said yes. But now I had something else to look forward to.

Most importantly, I found someone else to think of. And Taemin had disappeared without me noticing.

*

Okay guys, uploading rage is now over. Just wait a few more months and this fanfic will be over....hopefully :)