Chapter 15

One Month Later In My Dreams

Hi guys!

So I’m been reading lately (I know right, surprise much? I actually have had time to go to the library and check out books! Well there was one time in February, and now I just checked out a bunch from my school :D) and I’ve realized, wow, I’m barely giving my main character ANY character at all.

For that I apologize. Must have been SO BORING to read all those chapters before. I might sound like the books I’m reading. Which are actually published, so they should be good.

Also memory fades away with time, so I’m being sitting at my desk going “GAH HOW DID THAT GO AGAIN?”

Seriously, even my “diary” can’t help. And I technically don’t have a diary. Don’t even trying to go through my desk and drawers-it’s just at mine waiting to explode if you lay your hands on it.

SO THIS TIME I WILL PUT CHARACTER! Not to mention some of my “rough days” are gone, so I’m definitely bouncing off the walls again. Which, fyi, I try to do a lot.

Yeah, it kinda hurts when you hit your elbow, but the fun in flying through the air, not going off the walls!

So now that you have had a taste of my hyperness, let’s roll!

*

“I’m ready. Please come with me?” I looked at Elizabeth. I had been debating all week whether or not I should go for it, buying the flowers. But the day before the sale ended, February 9th, I made up my mind. I was going to do it.

She rolled her eyes. “Like you could count me out.”

“Sonya!” Jane smiled and waved at the table I was approaching. “Are you here to buy a carnation?” She held out a fist.

I responded with a fistbump and a smile. “I promised you I would. Here’s my five bucks.”

Her eyes grew wide as she took the money. “Three flowers?”

“Why not?” I responded as I took the three heart-shaped pieces of paper she gave me. I quickly wrote down first Elizabeth’s name and wrote her a little message. Julie? A bro-hoof of course. She’s been OBSESSED with My Little Pony. Like no joking. If I had nothing else to do, I would probably join her, but unfortunately my schedule had better things to do, no offense to other bronies out there.

And finally his carnation. I took a deep breath and wrote down his name and grade.

“Oh my god, Onew? He’s like the best bro ever!” Jane gushed. “I sit next to him in history class and he’s seriously the best.”

I gave a smile, but I was too concentrated on the message. Finally I stood up, finished with my masterpiece. There were musical notes, which spelled out “Happy Valentine’s Day!” With that, I signed, “Love, music plays whenever I’m around you.”

Elizabeth raised her eyebrows. “Anonymous?”

“Why not?” I fought a giggle that wanted to come out. Honestly, I felt like I was becoming a clique girl who was playing with guys around her finger and waiting for them to come to her, begging for happiness.

Except, I wasn’t really playing expecting one kind of results. I was also braced for rejection. And it was my first time playing.

It’s not like being asked out by Hyunseung ever gave me any confidence about how attractive I was. No offense Hyunseung. You’re attractive in your own way, but not enough for me to be completely be comfortable with you as a girlfriend.

Not that I wanted to be a girlfriend. I mean seriously, dating? I don’t have the time. Or the resources.

Dang I really needed to get a part-time job.

But I digress.

Elizabeth grinned and gave me a high-five as we walked back to the cafeteria. “You aren’t going on this alone girl. I’m definitely on your side.”

“Good. Cause I’m horrible at poker, and I’m hoping I’m playing my cards right.”

“I don’t even know how to play poker.” She rolled her eyes. “But so far girl, it looks like you’re doing okay. Now all we do is wait.”

“Of course. You think I’ll learn how to bite my fingernails while I wait?”

“Your piano teacher would kill you.”

“True that.”