Chapter 11

One Month Later In My Dreams

As I walked to my math class, I caught a glimpse of the TV in the hallway which had a heart. The slide quickly changed though to a screen talking about the weather. I shook my head. I wanted to stay and see the slide, but I had to rush to class.

Luckily, the cafeteria had a TV, and I stared at it until the slide came up again, and scoffed.

“What?” Elizabeth bit into her bagel.

“They have an ad about a matchmaker for two dollars.” I shook my head. “Really? A matchmaker?”

“Oh I heard about that. Apparently you had to take a test in English class, and they would compare results with others and based on some computer program, you would be matched up.” She shrugged.

I stared at her. “During English class? I don’t remember ever taking such thing.”

“My class didn’t do it either.” Elizabeth took another bite.

“It’s kinda stupid though. Maybe it thinks shy people and outgoing people don’t get along, but in fact they do in some cases.”

“True. Still, it would be funny to see what we got.” She grinned. “Imagine if we got some random seniors.”

I laughed. “And be like, ‘Hi, you’re really tall and scary, but apparently you’re compatible with me!’ and run away really quickly.”

We started laughing.

“Still, it’s like still January,” I said, opening my water bottle. “They’re already thinking of Valentine’s Day?”

“Yeah, they’re always ahead. We just finished midterms.” Elizabeth shook her head.

“Oh well, at least Valentine’s Day here is eventful.” The bell rang and we both stood up to throw away our lunches.

Okay, I know what you’re thinking. I was totally thinking about the name that has four letters, starts with O and ends with W for the person I could be matched up with if my stupid English class had taken it, right? Well, you’re right.

But I was stuck with having no results.