Chapter 3

One Month Later In My Dreams

 

 

Hey guys!

Just to clarify, Sonya still kinda like Taemin right now and is still getting over him. And she doesn't like/crush over Onew. I hope it's explained in the next few chapters?

And hey, if you don't like what's going on right now, I PROMISE you it will be worth the wait. Just wait for chapter....8?

And I will be doing a massive upload because I love you guys. Just don't expect any new chapters after that cuz I'm busy and I'm lucky to have a 4 day weekend as it is so I can use the excuse that I have plenty of time to do my homework! (Not to mention lots of teachers gave no homework at all anyway...)

Anyway on with the next chapter!

*

“Hey Onew,” I said as I sat next to him in choir.

“Hey Sonya,” he replied, giving me a cursory smile as he took out his choral folder. I did the same, arranging my music in the order that was listed on the chalkboard.

Jeanine plopped down on the seat right of him. “So Onew, if Sonya asked you to the Sadie Hawkins dance, would you say yes?”

“You jerk!” I shrieked, putting a hand over Jeanine’s mouth, causing her to squirm. “Don’t answer her!” I said loudly over her protests as Onew assumed a bemused look.

“No, seriously-” She said when she got my hand loose for a second.

“Pretend you’re deaf!” I suggested as I regained control. “You didn’t hear a thing she said!”

“Okay…” he said, smiling in confusion.

At that moment, our teacher played the tuning note, and the room hushed as we started humming along.

For once, I was glad of the daily routine, even if I always felt out of tune during warm up.

After forty-five minutes of working on the Bach chorale, the bell rang and we gathered up our backpacks.

“So, Onew, will you tell me?” Jeanine persisted.

I shook my head. “Seriously, don’t listen to her.”

“Just email what you would answer, okay?”

Onew shrugged. “Okay.”

Great. Just great. Now he must be under the impression I like him. Steaming, I slipped out of the choir room and headed towards my English classroom.

“Hey, Sonya,” Taemin greeted me with a smile as he sat down from across the aisle. “How’s your essay going?”

“It’s going fine.” I shrugged and took out my vocabulary book, pretending to study.

As much as I didn’t want to admit it, his smile still made me melt.

And yet, there was a part of me that turned into ice. I had noticed less of his smiles.

I knew his smile would never be mine.