Chapter 8

It's Not Love...Is It?

 

[8]
 
Circle Lenses
---
July 30th, 2010
 
Today I decided to start writing my thoughts down as a journal on my laptop because so much as been going through my mind and it’s insane. Last night, I saw a side of Park Jung Min that I’d never thought I’d ever see in my life. But tell me, what the hell was I supposed to do as a 14 year old when I see an older man lose grip of reality.
 
So I’ve come to accept the fact that it’s not easy being a celebrity. Yeah right! But maybe… I’ve finally gotten used to living such a busy, scary, pampered life. Maybe, I finally belonged somewhere. One thing I don’t quite understand though. What the hell is going on with Heo Young Saeng?
 
---
“What do you think?” I asked the five members as I entered the hairstyling room. I’d just gotten a face full of make up along with a gorgeous light green bubble dress. My hair flowed in gentle waves down to my sides. Truthfully, though I didn’t like to be pampered, I loved this look.
 
Four of them looked at me with lust in their eyes, that of course, including my cousin. Young Saeng was the only one that didn’t seem particularly interested. Oppa cleared his throat and spoke up first.
 
“Beautiful of course. After all, we share the same blood.” He said nervously as he avoided eye contact. I laughed at his expression and turned to the others.
 
“So?”
 
Kyu Jong had a proud smile on his face, “You look all grown up.”
 
“I think I could start crying.” Jung Min said dramatically as he pretended to qipe away a tear and pulled me into a tight hold.
 
‘Well, at least the old Jung Min is back.’ I thought as I returned the embrace. The other members hadn’t known or asked for the exact details but somehow, they understood that something had happened and simply gave him space. Last night, I held Jung Min on the couch until he fell asleep in my arms.
 
“Hey, give me a chance to be with the young one.” Joon said as he pulled me away from Jung Min and twirled me into his arms. “My gorgeous princess.” He murmured softly as he place his lips against the back of my hand. I laughed at that and curtsied in the mood as Jung Min and Kyu Jong mad a gagging face.
 
I then turned to Young Saeng as the last person to speak. Everybody turned to him expectantly. He didn’t say much or anything at all in fact. He simply nodded at me, his eyes filled with pain. I hadn’t spoken with him at all since yesterday. Somehow, nothing seemed to work out between the two of us.
 
This morning, an emergency call came from SS501’s manager, with a twist, it was for me. He told me that SS501 had won an award for best stage performance of 2010 and the person that was supposed to present the award fell ill, he asked me to fill in. So for the past hours of rehearsal, I had been running through lines and directions while the whole time, the five clueless Oppas thought they had earned me a VIP seat for the show.
 
“The award show is gonna start in a few moments, please take your seats.” The stage assistant said as she ran in and out of the change rooms. We made our way to the seats reserved for the celebrities towards the front and sat in the row behind DBSK, immediately conversations arose. For the purpose of publicity, the manager had me sit between the two oldest members (Young Saeng and my cousin) as a safety measure incase anything went wrong. 
 
Within moments, I was immediately bored out of my mind but maintained my posture. I did NOT want to be here. From the corner of my eye, I saw Joongie Oppa flash a hand up to his mouth to muffle a yawn.
 
I managed to let a giggle escape qhile watching him but soon realized I wasn’t alone. I turned to find a man with foresty green eyes as he too turned to look at me with a shy grin.
 
“Hello there.” He said warmly. His voice was slightly airy when he spoke but it had a beautiful ring to it.
 
“C-C-Circle lenses! Oh my gawd! They’re so pretty!” I exclaimed accidentally. The same pretty green eyes stared back at me with a mixture of amusement and confusion.
 
“Um, yeah. Jae Joong-shii, I hope you understand that this cousin of mine isn’t 100% sane.” Hyun Joong mumbled. The beautiful voice, Jae Joong…’s (?) Let out a cheerful laughter. I felt heat rush to my cheeks at the sound of his voice. His features were feminine but this made him stand out even more. They called my cousin a pretty boy but this guy is simply…beautiful.
 
“Jae, this is Lee Min Hee. Hyun Joong hyung’s cousin.” Young Saeng spoke up. “Min Hee-ah, this is Kim Jae Joong of DBSK.” What I did notice though, was that Young Saengie referred to Jae Joong as simply Jae. They must’ve been close.
 
“So she’s…” Jae Joong mumbled to Young Saeng. Young Saeng nodded briefly before returning to look at the stage where the announcer stood. I didn’t have the time to ask Young Saeng what the recent exchange was about before the first act so I simply gave up on that and waited patiently for the cue. When DBSK got up to go backstage, I also excused myself.
 
When it was my turn to go up, I gave the MC a quick thanks as she handed me the mic. “As many of you probably don’t know who I am, I’m curious, how many of you guys have watched ‘Thanks for Raising Me Up.’ Last week?” The audience responded wildly.
 
“And how many of you remembered me getting yelled up by that woman?” Many of them cheered. Wow, at least they knew me for something… 
 
“Well for those of you that don’t know me, my name is Lee Min Hee and I am in fact a distant cousin of SS501’s Kim Hyun Joong. Today, I have the honour of presenting you with the best stage performance award for 2010. Your nominees are…” 
 
Not long after my exceptionally long intro and the nominee’s performances, I was back on stage.
 
“The winnder of 2010’s best performance goes to… SS501!” I exclaimed, acting like I hadn’t known the results all along, entertainment was so fake. I gave each member brief hug before I made my way off stage, leaving them for their final performance.
 
At the end of the night, everybody said their congratulations and farewells as I waited for the 5 members to be freed from the crowd.
 
As I was dazed out, a presence came over me.
 
“Hey, do you have some time?” 
 
“As a matter of fact, I do, why?” I asked, looking up at a pair of chocolate brown eyes, he must’ve taken off the contacts.
 
“Take a walk with me.”