It's Not Love...Is It? // Chapter 4: Sleeping Beauty's Brother

It's Not Love...Is It?

[4]

Sleeping Beauty's Brother

"Aish~ What am I doing out here?" I grumbled to myself as I rolled around on the hardwood floor which was only covered by a blanket. We got back to the apartment/dorm at 3a.m. by the time they'd finished their instant ramen, they were fast asleep, each in a room. There were 3 rooms, Young Saeng and Baby were sharing, Jung Min and the other--who I found out was Kyu Jong-- were sharing. Hyung persisted in saying that if sleeping next to him was troublesome, then he'd leave me in the living room. So I am.

'What the hell?' I thought, 'Stupid parents, send me to live with such a stupid cousin. How are we related anyways? I'm too young to be living with five guys.'

I repeated that to myself. 'Too young to be living with five guys. Too young. I'm too young to be living with five unbearably hot guys goddamn it! They're like six years older than me!'

I then noticed one door crack open. It was Hyun Joong oppa. He almost seemed possessed as he made his way to the bathroom. Without another though, I went in and clained his blanket space. I rolled over to my side contently to find a blond mini cocker spaniel snoring lightly. 'Oh yeah, they have a dog.' I thought. On my other side I found a giant stuffed dog. 'Okay this guy definately belongs to the dog breed.' I thought, sighing.

I had only briefly drifted off to sleep when i was awaken by a slight rustling in the blankets. 'Is it that hard for a girl to go to sleep in such a house? Really?' Frustrated, I forced my eyes open, not that I was completely asleep in the first place.

A soft snorting was the only thing I could hear now, coming from either side of me. Suddenly, I was no longer under a warm blanket. "Aish." I grumbled as I struggled to pull the blanket back over my body. He didn't let go.

Almost as if out of nowhere, a heavy weight fell across my shoulders. I struggled to fet free but was unable to. "Ddaengee..." He mumbled contently and yanked me closer to him. This was too much.

"Hyung! Let go of me!" I growled, "Aigoo! Jerkface! Wake up!" Nothing happened. There was nothing I could do, if I shouted any louder, the other would've waken up.

I sighed and allowed the darkness to take over again. 'Life was just too dramatic. I spent 15 hours on a plane to travel from America to here and got no sleep. When I was supposed to be asleep in American time, I suddenly found myself at a 5 hour concert. Now I can't even find a decent place to sleep. Oh well, maybe when I wake up tomorow things would end up different.'

The next day, I woke up at 8 a.m. by a sudden scene of shouting. "Now, it's Hyun Joong's turn. Now that it's only him left to wake up, we can talk as loudly as we want right?" What was that? Another woman, what the hell? I tried to get out of hyung's death trap but failed miserably. The door creaked in and the first thing I was was a video camera, a professional one.

"What the hell?!" I screamed and struggled to get my face covered.

"W-wait!" Jung Min's frantic voice called when he ran in with Kyu Jong and Baby behind him. "We have something to announce. You see, Leader's younger cousin is staying with us for the summer and possibly longer." The other two were busy trying to pry hyung's arm off me. I looked up to find Young Saeng standing behind the camera watching the scene emotionlessly.

"Hey! Hey! Hyun Joong hyung! Wake up! You're squishing her!" Baby shouted, shaking hyung by the shoulders as his body rendered lifeless.

"Stupid cousin." I mumbled, "I knew there'd be no way possible he'd take good care of me." And to the best of my ability, I covered my face with the blanket.

When I was finally free, that was...10 minutes after, I ran into the washroom to get myself washed up. They probably filmed all of that. Great, my happy days were over.

Clsoer to the afternoon, we took Ddaengee, the dog out for a walk for the program. I managed to avoid the camera as much as possible without making it obvious. I desperately hoped that at the end of all this, they wouldn't attempy to make me a T.V. star because that would be a waste of life.

For once though, bec ause the other 4 were the main stream of attention, I tried to stay by Young Saeng, the one that didn't speak out the entire time. From time to time, he would see me struggling to get away from the camera so he would either give me an encouraging pat on the head to help me act real or a light guidance along my back to get me past the camera calmly. At the end of each shoot though, it was almost like I never existed to him.

Throughout the day, though he guided me, we never spoke a word to one another. But when it was time for bed (which wasn't too interesting for me considering I was still jet lagged,) I didn't want to let go of his presense. There was something about him that made me want to find out more but maybe it was his calmness that might've had a chance to put me to sleep.

"I'm sleeping with Saeng-ie tonight!" I called as they were choosing rooms. Baby immediately had a smirk on his face when I linked arms cheerfully with Young Saeng. "Alright, oppa?"

He gave me the weirdest accusing look ever but didn't decline.

"I won't allow it." I looked up to find hyung glaring menacingly. "Min Hee, you're 14 for goodness sakes."

"So?" I questioned. "It's not like you don't know Young Saeng oppa. You're practically blood brothers." The other 4 members looked at Hyun Joong for an explanation.

"Whatever." He grumbled before heading off to bed. We all parted ways as well.