Chapter 19

It's Not Love...Is It?

 

[19]
 
Sprained Ankles
 
The light of the window shone through too early in the morning. I didn’t want to get up so I pulled the blanket over my head. Last night, I had stayed up until 3 o’clock studying Korean with my 5 brilliant teachers. I was more than tired but I knew I had training today, right and early in the morning. We’d all be leaving at the same time because SS501 had dance rehearsal as well.
 
“Yah!~ Min Hee, wake up!” Joon’s voice called into my ears. I rolled away from him with the blanket and attempted to cover my ears again but a loud commotion came from the living room.
 
“What do you mean you sprained your ankle?” Wow, the managers were here already. Who sprained their ankle? “Park Jung Min! Didn’t we tell you to be careful? You guys have a performance in a week not only is Maknae not allowed to sing but now you can’t attend dance rehearsals? What is going on with you young ones now-a-days? And where’s Sara?”
 
Me and Hyung Joon both jumped when a loud banging landed on the bedroom door. We both stared at each other in panic. He motioned for me to get the door while I gave him the ‘are-you-insane?’ look. He glared at me in return. I stuck my tongue out childishly at him and rolled myself up in the blanket like a sushi roll and refused to face him. I heard him sigh in defeat as he got up to open the door.
 
“Min Hee~ah! I told you to wake up!” He said loud enough for the others to hear as he opened the door, oh so now the blame was on me!
 
“Sara get out here!” The manager called despite Joon standing in between us. I sighed and slipped a random baggy t-shirt on over my spaghetti straps and short shorts as I made my way out.
 
“My name isn’t Sara. Or at least not to you it isn’t.” I told him. The other members stared at me in disbelief. One; at my disrespectful tone of voice towards the manager. And two; the fact that my appearance probably seemed inappropriate. “My name is Lee Min Hee and never had I remembered giving you permission to call me by my English name.”
 
I was particularly picky about that. ‘Sara’ was a name that my parents grew up calling me whenever they loved me, and only those that were closest to me had the guts to call me that. I felt self conscious when I realized that the guys were still staring at my apparel.
 
“Maknae, I honestly don’t think I want to hear it, but as her legal guardian and her cousin, I’m asking you, you haven’t committed any damned sin to my cousin have you?” Hyun Joong asked as he stared at me. I then remembered why this t-shirt was so over sized in the first place, it was Joon’s.
 
“I wish.” I looked over at Joon who had spoken as he stared at me with lustful eyes. There was no way any good ending would’ve resulted from this.
 
“Joon…” I warned as he advanced towards me as if the others were invisible. Hadn’t it occurred to him by now that I was in fact fully clothed underneath the t-shirt? “Yah! Kim Hyung Joon!” 
 
Just as my back hit the wall behind me, a hand took mine and pulled me out of the way, there was the slamming of a door and then I realized I was in the bathroom. And I wasn’t alone.
 
“Let me fix your hair for you.” Young Saeng offered but he didn’t wait for a response. He took a near by comb and went through my mid-length hair until all the knots were out, twisted it a bit and when he was done, I returned to the room and got changed to leave.
 
---
 
“You seem to like your hair style today.” Young Saeng’s voice spoke as he spotted me in the seating area of the lobby where I was skipping training. I hadn’t noticed it until the 5 of us (not including Jung Min) left and I saw my reflection on the company’s glass door. Young Saeng had put it up in a casual but gorgeous updo.
 
“Komawo.” I thanked him with a smile. He flinched when I turned to face him but he smiled back as well. To tell you the truth, ever since day one, I was scared about Young Saeng’s reaction to me and Baby’s relationship. I knew I was being selfish and greedy for admitting this but his lack of reaction left a hint of disappointment in me.
 
“Can you help me do something since you aren’t doing anything right now?” He asked me as he handed me a cell phone. “It’s Jung Minnie’s, I took it with me by accident because I was borrowing his jacket. Can you bring it to him for me?”
 
I nodded and stood up only to wonder how I was going to get home, logically, the dorm was located no where near the company, smart right?
 
“I called a taxi, they’re outside waiting for you.” He said which made me wonder if he could suddenly read minds. “Don’t get lost.” I rolled my eyes and thanked him sarcastically.
 
“I’ll try.”
 
---
 
“Yah! Park Jung Min! Open the door!” I shouted again for the 20th time, pounding on the door. I sighed and used his cell phone to call him at home. I heard the phone ring form behind the door. The line was cut then. He pressed off. How could he hang up on me?! I pounded on the door again. 
 
“Park Jung Min you bastard! Open the door!”
 
Just as I was about to pound again, the door disappeared from contact and on the other side stood a topless Jung Min. Topless again? What the hell?
 
“W-why aren’t you dressed?” I asked as he just stood there casually.
 
“It’s not like it’s your first time seeing me like this.” He countered. There was sweat coated all over his forehead and his hair was unmade. “I was cleaning up… some clothes….What did you need?”
 
“Why aren’t you letting me in?” I countered. He frowned and refused to move. I heard it then.
 
“Minnie-oppa! Hurry up!”
 
“You have someone in our house? Park Jung Min! What the hell are you thinking?” I exclaimed as I pushed past him. I went to open the first bedroom dorr, Young Saeng and Leader’s. Nothing.
 
When I got to the next door, I found a girl inside mine and Joon’s room. She was no older than me, in fact, she was probably just the same age as me. That’s not what hit me the most though.
 
“What the are you doing in my clothes?” I shouted at the girl who was sitting in front of me on the floor going through my closet.
 
“Don’t swear at her Min Hee-ah! Please, she’s just a child, you can show your jealousy in other ways.” Jung Min said as he appeared from behind me and glomped me in a bear hug. His weight caused me to double over onto the bed with him on top of me.
 
I immediately felt my face going red when I saw his lips millimeters away from mine. 
 
“P-Park Jung Min! Get your off me!” I shouted. He supported himself on one elbow as he used his other arm to cup my mouth. I could tell he had no intention of getting up.
 
“Shh… I told you not to swear! Geez!” He protested. I rolled my eyes and glared at him. “Aww, c’mon, show some love and we’ll call it even.” I remained glaring at him because I was unable to speak even to this moment. 
 
“Okay, one kiss and we’ll call it even.” Before I could respond, he removed his hand and in its place were his lips.
 
His lips were still entirely on top of mine after 2 or 3 minutes or so because he refused to move. The blush on my face subdued as I eventually gave in and just waited for him to finish. And that’s exactly what happened, he eventually stopped but looked unsatisfied.
 
“You’re no fun.” He mumbled, pouting. Suddenly there were a few thumping steps on the hardwood and the echo of someone gagging in the toilet. It was that girl from earlier.
 
“If you have a sprained ankle, you should be resting not bringing some other girl home.” I told him.
 
“Why? Are you jealous?” I rolled my eyes at his comment.
 
“Yes, that’s why. Please forgive me Park Jung Min for being so jealous of some random pure good two shoes, eyed brattling home and raiding some else’s closet.” I replied sarcastically, “I’m so sorry Jung Minnie, please forgive me, I absolutely can’t help myself.” 
 
I glared at him then. “Who is she and why is she in my stinkin’ room?”
 
“She needed a place to stay because one of my best friends from childhood, her brother ran away to somewhere. I’m the only one she trusts now. Her name is Kim Nami.”
 
‘Great, another Kim.’ I thought sarcastically, “Now get off me.”
 
“I can’t.” He replied.
 
“Why not?” 
 
“I wasn’t kidding about the sprained ankle.”
 
---
 
September 13th 2010,
 
And that’s what a normal life is. Having someone invade your space and your clothes, how much more can one child ruin my life. Amy is arriving in a few days for permanent stay, at least that’s something to look forward to.