Chapter 5: Heo Young Saeng

It's Not Love...Is It?

[5]

Heo Young Saeng

The first time I heard him speak was the first time we spent the night together. No romantic, ual content or sarcasm intended.

"You can have the bed," he mumbled as he seemingly 'appeared' in the room. It was the first time he ever said a word to me.

"Um...no it's okay. I'm probably not gonna be sleeping much tonight anyways. Jet lag." I said in return. Because they'd never spent much time in their apartment, the only pieces of furniture they had was 2 queen sized beds and one sofa in the living room. The members had to share the beds so basically, I headed for the floor.

"Okay then." He agreed, exhausted as he was, he didn't fall asleep the second he got on the bed like others did.

"Um...if you don't mind, there's plenty of room here." He mumbled after a while, so quietly that I could barely make out what he said.

Hesistantly, I sat down on the edge of the bed as he scooted over. When I was finally comfortable in the bed, a wave of relaxation washed over me. I think, most definately, it was simply his very presense that calmed me down. Even if that was the case though, neither of us fell asleep for a good 20 minutes.

"So...why me?" He asked quietly, though the sound penetrated the silence.

"Um...I was thinking I could get to know you better. It's just an assumption but...you don't seem to like me very much." I almost lost my voice along with my courage at the end of the question.

He didn't respond so I looked over at him for a bit. He seemed unbearably thoughtful. 'Great, I just ruined the moment.' I grumbled to myself internally. Soft snores could be heard from the other rooms. I guess we were the only ones awake now.

"You don't have to answer. Besides, before you know it, I'll be gone and you can pretend I never existed in the the first place, but I guess you'll have to deal tonight." I turned to my side away from the body beside me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings." He spoke, his words contrasted between whispers, cracks and low voicing. " I just...you look very familiar to the girl I once loved."

"I'm fourteen." I reminded him.

He nodded. "We were both fourteen when I met her but she threw me away when I entered the entertainment business."

"Oh..." I didn't know what to say. I mean yes, that would be a very valid reason.

"So...it's because of that. I know you're not here forever but I'm gonna go ahead and be selfish. After tonight, it's best if we don't become freinds. I'm afraid of hurting you any further. But at the same time, I'll...beg if I have to." His hand took my shoulder and pulled me down so that I was facing him. His eyes were filled with sorrow. "I'm gonna be hurting you if you are close to me but I'm begging...Don't leave."

"That is a selfish request." I told him as I looked over at him. He was pleading. "I'll stay. As long as none of you and your bandmates fall in love with me. You guys are old enough to be my father."

"Exaggerated, we only have a six year difference."

I shrugged. "That's the bargain, take it or leave it."

"Whatever." He mumbled.

I sighed, the room went silent again so I randomly came up with a topic to avoid the silence. "Did I ever tell you, your group has so much depressing music?"

"Really? I didn't notice." He replied, yawning.

"Yeah and that solo of yours I love it. It was so...sad though. What was that song called...It is Love?"

He didn't respond for a while. 'Crap.' I though, 'I hit a rough spot.'

"I'm tired. I'm going to sleep first. Good night." He said briefly before he turned away.

"I'm sorry. I feel like I'm intruding into your lives. I shouldn't be here." I mumbled. I tried to get up but a hand held mine down.

"I tried saying htis the polite way but I guess that didn't work. Even if you try to leave, I'll gladl drag you back. I'm not losing you again." His voice was aggressive.

"Again?! Who the hell do you think I am? I'm not your dog and I'm not your ex-lover okay? I'm Lee Min Hee and no one else. Like hell am I gonna listen to you." He didn't respond. Did I hit a rough spot again? What I had forgotten though was the fact that he still had my had in his. Within an instant he had pulled me into his arms on top of him.

"What the hell?" I cursed at him.

"I told you I'm not letting you go. If I don't do this how would I know you won't run away tonight?"

"Hell no! Let me go. I'll scream, hyung will wake up."

He chuckled when I said that which reminded me, oh yeah, this tupid cousin doesn't wake up for .

"Just for a little while. Just for tonight. Please allow me to be with you like this just this once." He seemed helplessly weak now.

"Go to sleep."

"Not until-"

"I'll stay. Now go to sleep."